Weekly webinar info

On the weekly Wednesday webinar for travel agents they let us know the topic for next weeks webinar.

Today they gave us two topics, planned and an alternate.

Can't remember what the planned topic was but the alternate topic is "Resumption of Cruising"  Royal is waiting to hear from the CDC and they said if they hear this week or early next then the topic next week would be "Resumption of Cruising"

Other topics of interest;

- no planned extension on FCC's

- look for a possible announcement on West Coast itineraries

- new itinerary release to basically mirror last years release...look for early next month

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Here is a "suppose" question for you:

Since no planned extension on FCCs and I have one that will expire next March, should I apply it to any cruise--even tho that cruise might not happen? I have lifted and shifted everything so that the only remaining scheduled cruise is an April transatlantic and if there is no vaccine or cure before final payment time, we will not take that one.  My next cruise after that would be Sept. of 2021.   Would that be the only method of "saving" it?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

36 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

Here is a "suppose" question for you:

Since no planned extension on FCCs and I have one that will expire next March, should I apply it to any cruise--even tho that cruise might not happen? I have lifted and shifted everything so that the only remaining scheduled cruise is an April transatlantic and if there is no vaccine or cure before final payment time, we will not take that one.  My next cruise after that would be Sept. of 2021.   Would that be the only method of "saving" it?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

They mentioned on the call that FCC’s (non covid) that have expired or are about to expire now have an expiry date of March 31, 2021.  This is an apply by date.  It can be applied to any sailing through a April 2022.

FCC’s  can be applied to lifted and shifted cruises as long as they are not paid in full.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:06 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

On the weekly Wednesday webinar for travel agents they let us know the topic for next weeks webinar.

Today they gave us two topics, planned and an alternate.

Can't remember what the planned topic was but the alternate topic is "Resumption of Cruising"  Royal is waiting to hear from the CDC and they said if they hear this week or early next then the topic next week would be "Resumption of Cruising"

Other topics of interest;

- no planned extension on FCC's

- look for a possible announcement on West Coast itineraries

- new itinerary release to basically mirror last years release...look for early next month

Today's the day?

Sooo tired of the waiting game.  

Biggest thing for me is I just wish they would make the announcement about 2021 Australia season.  Celebrity has already canceled the season...why are they making us wait?  Oh yeah...$$$.  

It's quite obvious they will have to cancel.  I already have way, way too many FCC vouchers I can't use...I want refunds for my deposits on my 8 legs out of Sydney.   Own up RCI and be done with it!!  😟

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Ken,

I am guessing not this week either.

Nothing new.  You will actually hear about it first.  There is rarely any big news 

release on these TA calls, they are designed to fill us in on details after the announcement. 

This weeks guest is Laly, the AVP guest relations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

They mentioned on the call that FCC’s (non covid) that have expired or are about to expire now have an expiry date of March 31, 2021.  This is an apply by date.  It can be applied to any sailing through a April 2022.

FCC’s  can be applied to lifted and shifted cruises as long as they are not paid in full.

I want to make sure I have this correct. I was given FCC's for an Indy TA and Baltic cruise that was canceled in 2019 since they moved the Indy to the Caribbean earlier than planned. That cruise was to sail this May, but was canceled due to covid. I was told a while back that I have till this Saturday October 31 to book another cruise. Does this mean I will now have till March 31 and can be used up until April 2022? Is it in writing yet or are they saying that's what they are going to do? TIA.

Edited by ReneeFLL

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I want to make sure I have this correct. I was given FCC's for an Indy TA and Baltic cruise that was canceled in 2019 since they moved the Indy to the Caribbean earlier than planned. That cruise was to sail this May, but was canceled due to covid. I was told a while back that I have till this Saturday October 31 to book another cruise. Does this mean I will now have till March 31 and can be used up until April 2022? Is it in writing yet or are they saying that's what they are going to do? TIA.

I haven't seen it in writing but that is what was mentioned on the call.  I would call.