Who will get to cruise?

Laurie JJ

52 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

If it's so rare, how did you hear about it? How about some facts to back up your statement or it's just what you think?

I know I've posted that it has personally happened to me.

2 cabins booked at Christmas and I got a call 3 days prior to sailing asking if wed be willing to have all 4 in one cabin and if we agreed they would refund us the cost of both cabins.

I've also received similar offers for clients.

Two weeks ago  I was double booked in a grand suite on the Jewel

• Like 1

This happened to me in late February.  Booked a last-minute four-night cruise on the Brilliance,  and received a call from Revenue two days later.  I was asked to take a full refund on the booked cruise and select any four to seven night cruise on the Brilliance or Rhapsody through the end of April, for only port fees/taxes.  I accepted.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

If they cancel everyone at first and make people rebook, I think that will be a nightmare!  Might be easier to move those who have booked insides and ocean view cabins into available balconies.  I really don't want to lose my sky loft on Quantum, I will never get it for the price I got it for and likely, wouldn't book.

Easy way to get more money for it

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That seems like the plan given the initial prices for Quantum, but they canceled those at east two months out and it's only one ship - not sure that would work for the Caribbean. 

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Of course it is an easy way for them to get more money for cabins.  I still think it would be a nightmare for them to cancel all bookings on all ships and then rebook them.  They have had enough problems handling all the cancellations and refunds up until now, they would need to rehire a lot of their phone reps to handle rebookings.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Of course it is an easy way for them to get more money for cabins.  I still think it would be a nightmare for them to cancel all bookings on all ships and then rebook them.  They have had enough problems handling all the cancellations and refunds up until now, they would need to rehire a lot of their phone reps to handle rebookings.  

That's why I said I wasn't sure anymore 

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

This is all you said, thus my response.

But I followed up with Ellen before you replied.

This is one of the key challenges in responding to a thread. Do you reply immedietely, or read to the end for additional clarification.😉

I tend to reply immediately in most cases

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

This happened to me in late February.  Booked a last-minute four-night cruise on the Brilliance,  and received a call from Revenue two days later.  I was asked to take a full refund on the booked cruise and select any four to seven night cruise on the Brilliance or Rhapsody through the end of April, for only port fees/taxes.  I accepted.

Nice!!  Wish I could sign myself up for one of those deals!  Congrats!!  

20 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

If it's so rare, how did you hear about it? How about some facts to back up your statement or it's just what you think?

It happened to me.  I had booked a JS on a ship and they double booked it.  I booked about a month before sailing.  The TA notified me it was double booked and not available.  They upgraded me to a Grand Suite for the same sailing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Nice!!  Wish I could sign myself up for one of those deals!  Congrats!!  

I know, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing!  We took the cruise following the original one (the end of February), so that was our last cruise before COVID.  Our memories of that cruise are even happier than they would have been, because of free!

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

It happened to me.  I had booked a JS on a ship and they double booked it.  I booked about a month before sailing.  The TA notified me it was double booked and not available.  They upgraded me to a Grand Suite for the same sailing.

Double booking isn't the same as cancelling someone's cruise so the line can rebook it at a higher price or to someone who spends more money on the ship.

1 minute ago, Blizzard54 said:

If they do have to bump some pax to satisfy capacity restrictions I wonder if they will look and B2B's.  I can imagine the outrage if some is bumped off 1/2 of their B2B.   

I know at least one of the lines currently sailing in Europe Is not allowing consecutive cruises.

• Thanks 1