Jump to content

Congressional Investigation into CDC No-Sail Order


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The exchange took place March 18.  It is not propaganda, it is what was said.  You can find the video to view

I’m not disputing what took place nor that the reporting is inaccurate.  To me, the article practices a bit of sophistry in that little information/perspective on why the Order remains in place and what actions cruise lines have taken to comply with the Order were offered.

Edited by d9704011
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I’m not disputing what took place nor that the reporting is inaccurate.  To me, the article practices a bit of sophistry in that little information/perspective on why the Order remains in place and what actions cruise lines have taken to comply with the Order were offered.

That could be.  When I saw the article discussed yesterday, I immediately went to the source as is my habit.  The propaganda designation does seem to me a bit much

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to politicize, but this is the administration's MO.  Just like the border issues, the WH defers to DHS. Here the CDC is punting to DOT...  Really?

 

CDC is feckless and has no clue what to do.  I'd be pushing for answers too.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a bit surprised by Dr. Walensky's answer to Lisa Murkowski's question about which other agencies were involved.  She said "the Department of Transportation and I believe several others".  The "I believe several others" without actually naming them, to me, is a bit suspect.  Either she doesn't know or is making it up, is what it sounds like. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was a bit surprised by Dr. Walensky's answer to Lisa Murkowski's question about which other agencies were involved.  She said "the Department of Transportation and I believe several others".  The "I believe several others" without actually naming them, to me, is a bit suspect.  Either she doesn't know or is making it up, is what it sounds like. 

 

That stood out for me as well.  

 

The question was specific to the CDC's orders.  Not other items that are related to passenger vessel operations.

 

The CDC created the CSO banning cruise ships but is now claiming they aren't in control of the CSO any more.  Now it's some other agency or agencies that can't be named.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is quite sad, as we've all been thinking the CDC has all the control.  If it is a 4 phased approach I would think that the agencies  involved would be called out in that documentation.  Being that this issue has been on the table for such a long time the CDC should have made it clear what the path is to sail. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The CDC doesn't want ships sailing.  This is all smoke and mirrors to kick the can down the road.  It's not about science or data or facts.

 

Hopefully the senate isn't buying this hogwash. 

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

The CDC doesn't want ships sailing.  This is all smoke and mirrors to kick the can down the road.  It's not about science or data or facts.

 

Hopefully the senate isn't buying this hogwash. 

 

 

50% plus 1 is in agreement with CDC.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's a really bad look from the CDC.  Playing dumb and saying it's not their decision?

 

Totally agree.  It also undermines the effective of vaccinations.

 

Basically the CDC is saying that even with vaccines PLUS all of their best practice protocols such as distancing, masks, and frequent testing that nothing has changed, it is too risky for anyone to gather at any level.

 

Hours before getting my first dose and now I am questioning if I should vaccinate.

 

If vaccines combined with all the best protocols in the world can't move America forward we really have little choice but to let the virus run its course. 

 

If vaccines aren't the answer or game changer we thought, nothing will be.

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Not to politicize, but this is the administration's MO.  Just like the border issues, the WH defers to DHS. Here the CDC is punting to DOT...  Really?

 

CDC is feckless and has no clue what to do.  I'd be pushing for answers too.

sad, but not surprising.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure the CDC will eventually have an epiphany one night and reverse things the next day, much like they did for the 6 foot/3 foot school rules, even though most schools have been doing 3 feet or less since August and the CDC director herself said last July that 3 feet was fine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

Totally agree.  It also undermines the effective of vaccinations.

 

Basically the CDC is saying that even with vaccines PLUS all of their best practice protocols such as distancing, masks, and frequent testing that nothing has changed, it is too risky for anyone to gather at any level.

 

Hours before getting my first dose and now I am questioning if I should vaccinate.

 

If vaccines combined with all the best protocols in the world can't move America forward we really have little choice but to let the virus run its course. 

 

If vaccines aren't the answer or game changer we thought, nothing will be.

 

It is frustrating.  Ive had both for over 2 months so you can imagine how annoying it is.  I tend to lean towards Dr. Paul rather than Dr. Fauci so I may be biased.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

why can't anyone in government take some responsibility and stop passing the buck?  So ridiculous watching this video.

That's a good one !  The government taking responsibility ?!  (I'm not laughing at you....I'm laughing at the buffoons).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

While the Senator from Alaska was quoted, I'm sure other Senators are interested to hear the CDC's plan to reopen which don't depend on Canada.

That was my question. Alaska sailings are unique as it depends upon Canada opening their ports. Maybe that’s why she suggested multiple agencies?

 

M8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That was my question. Alaska sailings are unique as it depends upon Canada opening their ports. Maybe that’s why she suggested multiple agencies?

 

M8

 

The question to her was specific to the CDC orders.  

 

The senator from Alaska knows all to well the complexities of the PVSA and immigration law.  She wasn't asking the CDC director to give opinions on other areas of federal law.  

 

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That was my question. Alaska sailings are unique as it depends upon Canada opening their ports. Maybe that’s why she suggested multiple agencies?

 

M8

The line of questioning was solely on the CSO though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

The question to her was specific to the CDC orders.  

 

The senator from Alaska knows all to well the complexities of the PVSA and immigration law.  She wasn't asking the CDC director to give opinions on other areas of federal law.  

 

They didn’t have time to consult the puppet master(s). 😇

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They didn’t have time to consult the puppet master(s). 😇

 

She did a fine job evading.  Basically "I have no recollection of that".  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...