A Message from our Chief Operating Officer

Azamara Team

Dear Azamara Circle members,

On behalf of the Azamara family, I’d like to send some warm wishes to our beloved Philip Herbert, who will be departing from his position as Hotel Director. As he closes a beautiful chapter, he leaves behind a legacy of many cherished memories and contributions. Philip has been with us since 2007, around the same time Azamara began operating. Since day one, his spirit for exploration and hospitality, paired with his years of experience in the cruising industry, has made him an essential part of our team. 

As Hotel Director for both Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, he worked very hard to make sure our crew's welfare was looked after, in addition to ensuring guest satisfaction. He was a force behind the strong morale we have on board, resulting in authentic connections and lifelong friendships. Without a doubt, he will be truly missed and I am happy to share a personal message Philip left for all of you: https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/whats-new

We wholeheartedly wish him the best of luck on his new endeavor that will allow him to spend more time with his family. 

All my best, 

Carol Cabezas

Chief Operating Officer, Azamara

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Azamara Team said:

addition to ensuring guest satisfaction

Philip watched me checking out what I could eat at a lunch time buffet and approached me with concern. When I explained that I am Dairy Intolerant, he arranged for the chef to make me a ‘Special ‘ sweet nightly. This was on the Quest TA, 09.09.16.

Thank you. 

BEDD852E-FDBE-4AEB-A335-3390FFAA3656.jpeg

21BA5417-91A6-4617-B939-413B6BDC7DBA.jpeg

C272D8A0-9D72-457A-8E6D-52A0D96DDDB5.jpeg

• Like 6

On 10/15/2020 at 10:47 AM, upwarduk said:

Philip watched me checking out what I could eat at a lunch time buffet and approached me with concern. When I explained that I am Dairy Intolerant, he arranged for the chef to make me a ‘Special ‘ sweet nightly. This was on the Quest TA, 09.09.16.

Thank you. 

21BA5417-91A6-4617-B939-413B6BDC7DBA.jpeg

How sad that all three outstanding gentlemen are gone from Azamara now.  They all represented all the best that Azamara ever wanted to be.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Philip is the epitome of customer service and professionalism.  A true gentleman to echo others' statements and what he did for Mrs. LOP's birthday and her surprise guests was beyond compare (16 months in the planning).

We wish him and Barbro and Sir Mugsley all the best in their future life and hope to enjoy their company once again.

Bon voyage Philip!

• Like 1