I am trying to understand how they determine the amount of the FCC.  On our cancelled cruise they issued FCC credit for 125% of the the paid amount minus the taxes/fees.  I understand that part but does that mean they are suppose to refund the taxes/fees separately?  Or is that just a calculation to reduce your 25% bonus for letting them keep your money?  Thanks for the help.

Good Sailing

Tom

51 minutes ago, 39august said:

Taxes and fees are to be refunded to the credit card used to pay.

Any hint as to how long till they issue the refund?  The FCC was issued in September for a 22 October cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

18 minutes ago, tunaman2011 said:

Any hint as to how long till they issue the refund?  The FCC was issued in September for a 22 October cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom

You can apply the FCC to another cruise within a few weeks.  To get the email from Celebrity if booked directly months likely.  My TA applied one to a new cruise after 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, tunaman2011 said:

Good Sailing

Tom

If you actually received your FCC in September I guess I'd call.   Are you sure they weren't refunded to the card used to pay?   There won't be any email or other notification that it was done.

I got the credit card refund of the Taxes an Port charges about 2-3 days after FCC.    They may be hard to figure out as they are not a single transaction and may be spread over 3-4 separate transaction in odd amounts. 

Best to search your credit card for "Celebrity" and look for credits.

54 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I believe the FCC will include cruise price plus "fees", and the taxes are what will be refunded to credit card.

There is a line item on the Celebrity Guest Invoice called Taxes/Fees and Port Expenses.  This is the amount that will be refunded.   Subtract that from the total paid and that should be the value your FCC is based on.

I reviewed the guest invoice and yes, the FCC was for exactly 125% of the total fare minus the taxes/fees.  They still haven't given us any credit for the taxes/fees.  Guess we will need to follow up on this.  Thanks for the help.

Good Sailing

Tom