Buenos Aires cruise terminal

RonPaula

I’m looking for information on the cruise terminal and cruise port situation.  I understand that they are separate places and accessed by shuttle  busses. I use a manual wheelchair and need information on how the process would work for me. I posted on the South America port board but haven’t received a reply.

Paula

I dont know if this will be helpful but the BA port was (I assume Celebrity uses the same terminal) more like an industrial port than a typical port such as Miami or Barcelona.   

As I recall, Celebrity used the ramp to access the ship and not the "bridges"    That should be okay with a wheelchair.   I would be more concerned with the shuttle busses being ADA compliant more so than anything else.   

2 hours ago, RonPaula said:

I’m looking for information on the cruise terminal and cruise port situation.  I understand that they are separate places and accessed by shuttle  busses. I use a manual wheelchair and need information on how the process would work for me. I posted on the South America port board but haven’t received a reply.

Paula

@RonPaula

Howdy Paula! emo22.gif 

To help you out I have moved your thread from the Celebrity Cruises forum  to the Disabled Cruise Travel forum where it will be on-topic. That's where cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences. Browse through the thread titles on the forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

We were not impressed with ship access/egress arrangements or the terminal to be honest. 

The terminal is quite a distance from the dock and requires you to use a bus. Access and egress to ship is via a very steep ramp. there were restrictions in place to manage how many people were on it at any one time, which obviously led to delays.

my memories of the terminal are vague, but I seem to recall that ground areas adjacent to terminal were quite uneven.

I am sure there will be arrangements to assist you, but I doubt it will be as straightforward as in Miami or port Everglades.

19 hours ago, RonPaula said:

Paula

There is some information in these articles:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news-headlines/buenos-aires-cruise-terminal-becomes-more-user-friendly

https://curbfreewithcorylee.com/2020/06/27/wheelchair-accessible-buenos-aires-argentina/

And a bit older article here:

https://wheelchairjimmy.com/south-america-wheelchair-accessible-transportation/

On 10/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, RonPaula said:

Paula

They have a shuttle bus which Is Wheelchair accessible between ship and terminal.   The shuttles run about every 15 minutes.  Terminal is pretty well laid out and you should have no problems with a wheelchair.   Taxis are available in front of Terminal. 

WE DID A CRUISE OUT OF BA IN DEC. 2018, and boarding the ship was something out of the past - perhaps the 1950's.  The boarding was accomplished via metal ramps with steep slopes, perhaps 20 to 30 degree angles.  The ramps looked like something your children would have made from their erector sets! 

And yes, the docking area is in the commercial port area.  This was all new experience for me, not one I wish to repeat in the future.

Perhaps in the last two years, improvements have been made, though.  I don't have info on that.

Edited by GeorgesGal

• 4 weeks later...

There are several docks that your ship might be assigned to, so some of this depends on where it is tied up. 

The first time I was in BsAs we were tied in the “interior”, among container ships. The second, we were on the channel that goes along the Rio Plata.