Does anyone have any verified and certain information about the Clive Palmer’s project to build a replica of the Titanic? This controversial project has already been pushed back so many times. In the Internet you can find news that the project is not canceled, and the ship will enter into service in 2022. However, there are no official statements from the Blue Star Line and there is no contact with the company. It all looks suspicious.  If the ship is supposed  to be ready in 2022, the construction would probably already be in progress, right?

31 minutes ago, WorldTraveler151208 said:

Does anyone have any verified and certain information about the Clive Palmer’s project to build a replica of the Titanic? This controversial project has already been pushed back so many times. In the Internet you can find news that the project is not canceled, and the ship will enter into service in 2022. However, there are no official statements from the Blue Star Line and there is no contact with the company. It all looks suspicious.  If the ship is supposed  to be ready in 2022, the construction would probably already be in progress, right?

Agree.

February 2016 - Signed up to the inorginal  cruise waiting list and since late 2018 have received no updates - Pleased not to have purchased the required period clothing.

Do think it will happen, but no idea when.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

Nobody will be so stupid to burn money. This project would have never been profitable, not pre-covid-19 and for sure not post-covid-19. thats what they meanwhile surely have also realized but so far don`t want to make it official that this project will never happen.

48 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

Nobody will be so stupid to burn money. This project would have never been profitable, not pre-covid-19 and for sure not post-covid-19. thats what they meanwhile surely have also realized but so far don`t want to make it official that this project will never happen.

Burn money?

This reminds me of my first venture into offshore powerboat racing.

Was invited to try the 2 litre class.  While waiting got taking with a private owner in the F class.  I asked what it was like (driving F class), and the reply was..... "like sitting on a pneumatic road drill, in the pouring rain, watching a pile of £50.00 notes burn".

My 2L venture?  Last on the start, last at the first turn, first to loose it there, first to use the support boat.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • 3 weeks later...

I messaged them several months ago, pre-COVID and never got a response.  I'm an Unsinkable Molly (Margaret) Brown living history portrayer, so I would love to be on this recreated Titanic excursion (less the berg).  If anyone does know any more about it, please let me know.

JoAnn F Peterson as MTB 1.jpg