Wish I did know, as am very keen to see them. I don't think there is going to be any significant change to the layout from their time with HAL but obviously the names of the venues will change.

We liked the Terrace Balcony cabins on Boudicca and Black Watch.  The nearest equivalent on the “new” ships are the TC cabins on Deck 3.  They have sliding glass doors on to the promenade deck, so strictly speaking they are not balcony cabins.  

Before booking, however, I would like to know if any of these cabins are under the kitchen or entertainment areas.

You should be able to tell something from this information about the two HAL ships Amsterdam (now Bolette) and Rotterdam (now Borealis)--they were considered R-Class ships under HAL: https://halfacts.com/r-class/

If you Google Amsterdam and Rotterdam deck plans, you can probably find the old deck plans online that will at least give you locations of kitchens and restaurants which I can't imagine they will move easily, perhaps just rename.

Thank you comcox.  The HAL deck plans show a Pinnacle Grill restaurant and a small theatre/demo kitchen above some of the TC cabins.  It will be interesting to see if Fred decides to keep these.  

4 minutes ago, LandC said:

Thank you comcox.  The HAL deck plans show a Pinnacle Grill restaurant and a small theatre/demo kitchen above some of the TC cabins.  It will be interesting to see if Fred decides to keep these.  

My guess is that they will. The current fleet has a fine dining restaurant called The Grill, which I would think will be in the Pinnacle Grill area and I have seen in some of the publicity from Fred that the new ships will have cookery demonstrations.

12 hours ago, LandC said:

I would like to know if any of these cabins are under the kitchen or entertainment areas.

9 hours ago, LandC said:

The HAL deck plans show a Pinnacle Grill restaurant and a small theatre/demo kitchen above some of the TC cabins

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

My guess is that they will. The current fleet has a fine dining restaurant called The Grill, which I would think will be in the Pinnacle Grill area and I have seen in some of the publicity from Fred that the new ships will have cookery demonstrations.

On the former HAL ships, the Pinnacle Grill had its own section of the Galley, maybe even its own Galley--I don't accurately remember.  Some noise might be heard in cabins beneath.

Cabins under the former Wajang Theater, I would not expect much noise to be produced by that venue.  

10 hours ago, comcox said:

The former Wajang Theatre, later Cooking Demo space, was used to show movies originally, and occasionally they would have other events in there.

Fred has a cinema on Black Watch so agree it will be used as such, so could get noise until mid night or so.  There is also white space by the restaurant on the same deck which I have been told is a kitchen and creates noise on lower prom deck.

Those cabins are also quite small and expensive for what they are, so would not be our choice tbh though we did like the terrace balcony cabins.

Edited by tring
On 10/18/2020 at 4:16 PM, tring said:

There is also white space by the restaurant on the same deck which I have been told is a kitchen and creates noise on lower prom deck.

That would have been the galley for the Pinnacle Grill.  

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is relative. The Terrace (Lanai) cabins on deck 3 are the same size as all the Oceanview cabins on deck 3. But their layout is different. While the Oceanview cabins have the beds opposite the door under the window, the Terrace have a glass door there. The Terrace cabins have the beds on one side wall with a very small aisle along the other side wall.

Here are the sizes of the various cabins:

Owners Suite 87 m2

Premiere Suite 36 or 43 m2

Balcony Suite 22-25 m2

Terrace Cabin 20 m2

Oceanview Cabin 20 m2

Inside Cabin 17 m2

20 m2 is the same 20 m2 between Terrace and Oceanview Cabins. 
The cruisemapper web site has drawings of the various cabin and suite layouts.

Whereas the sizes are the same, the difference in their layouts make them feel different. Terrace cabins are smaller than Balcony suites, but not by that much. 

Edited by electricron

Thanks for the information electricron.  I wonder if Fred will do the same as HAL and provide steamer chairs outside for the occupants of the Terrace Cabins?  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.  

On 11/7/2020 at 2:22 PM, LandC said:

Thanks for the information electricron.  I wonder if Fred will do the same as HAL and provide steamer chairs outside for the occupants of the Terrace Cabins?  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.  

Well, if deck chairs are not provided, what's the point of booking such a stateroom?  Oh: "I can step outside my stateroom and am on an open deck."  If that's the reason, why not book an outside stateroom on one of the two lower decks, get some exercise by climbing one or two flights of stairs, and save some money?

• 4 months later...

They finally added more to the deck plans for both ships such as the main lounge being named Neptune and a few other small things. The rest should be updated in the coming weeks.