Grand Classica sailing Dec 18 2020

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well, just received an email stating they are switching to the Classica because less rooms and more space on the ship. Will go to 60% capacity max. Sails to Freeport.

CDC gave them the Okay to go after October.

Thanks for posting this news!  Maybe this is an advance "tip" as to what the "big news" might be that Royal Caribbean indicated may be coming next week.  

1 hour ago, pinkie60 said:

I think the Grand Celebration isn’t going to survive the season. She is rusting terribly. I don’t think they maintained her exterior very well during this pandemic. 

Rust is on ALL ships. It just gets removed and repainted. Even brand new ships show rust. 

6 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

I think the Grand Celebration isn’t going to survive the season. She is rusting terribly. I don’t think they maintained her exterior very well during this pandemic. 

Time will tell whether her service continues or not.  My opinion:  I think there ought to be quite a few ships in drydock for inspection and repair before they return to service because of their long lay-off.  

I have friends who sail the Grand World Voyage on HAL yearly.  During one conversation that they had with a senior Officer, he told them that the Amsterdam had rust issues.  She was rusting from the inside out.  Might be a reason that she is no longer a part of the HAL fleet.    

5 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

In the NAVY. The ship is chip hammered and painted from stem to stern. Once it is completed. They start all over again. A never ending battle against rust on any ship.

Even as a cruise guest, how can one miss seeing crew members carrying buckets of paint and painting during a cruise?  Even in some ports, cherry pickers can be observed with crew members painting and doing other maintenance.  

(During my first cruise, I learned the "hard way" about frequent painting on a ship.  Wearing a brand new Navy Blue suit, I leaned against a rail that had been freshly painted (there was no sign that warned one of that).  White paint splotches on my new suit!  My Cabin Steward took the suit to the "cleaners" on the ship to try to remove the paint with no success.  My local dry cleaners had no success as well.  The suit ended up in the dumpster.    

On 10/20/2020 at 4:30 PM, rkacruiser said:

Even as a cruise guest, how can one miss seeing crew members carrying buckets of paint and painting during a cruise?  Even in some ports, cherry pickers can be observed with crew members painting and doing other maintenance.  

(During my first cruise, I learned the "hard way" about frequent painting on a ship.  Wearing a brand new Navy Blue suit, I leaned against a rail that had been freshly painted (there was no sign that warned one of that).  White paint splotches on my new suit!  My Cabin Steward took the suit to the "cleaners" on the ship to try to remove the paint with no success.  My local dry cleaners had no success as well.  The suit ended up in the dumpster.    

An immediate trip to guest services and you would have been compensated for the loss.