Congratulations Melbourne - one new case, no deaths

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Brandee, it is a nightmare what is happening in your country - both with the virus and politically. After one method of fighting the result fails, what will be tried next??? I hope he doesn't interfere with the next step. 🙂

Already trying to get the members of the electoral college to be freed to vote their way, not the voters choice. Can not believe the republican legislators are allowing a temper tantrum demolish the democratic process.   A reality show gone real bad.

5 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Already trying to get the members of the electoral college to be freed to vote their way, not the voters choice. Can not believe the republican legislators are allowing a temper tantrum demolish the democratic process.   A reality show gone real bad.

As someone looking from the outside, I have to ask "If the members of the electoral can vote how they like and not follow what the majority of people in that State voted, what is the point in having the people vote at all? Just let the members of the electoral college do it all."😁

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

As someone looking from the outside, I have to ask "If the members of the electoral can vote how they like and not follow what the majority of people in that State voted, what is the point in having the people vote at all? Just let the members of the electoral college do it all."😁

It has never been done before, but, if the college does not cast their vote by second week in december, then the supreme court can release the electors to vote as they wish. That is why, instead of addressing the covid issue the past months..our leader was pushing to get another conservative on the supreme court.   I would call it a civil war..if it happens.

51 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

It is starting to become a national security worry.  Also, without a smooth transition the possibility of getting the vaccine out is going to be slower.  Hoping Australia can get the vaccine out to all its citizens by next fall..that seems to be the timetable we hear in the US.  But what if a large amount of people do not want to take it..will it become mandatory?  Guess what..eight months later and we both still have antibodies...still giving plasma.  

Agree the situation in the US is a worry on many counts.  Our Govt. has said it won't be mandatory here.  It is good that you are still giving plasma.  Is that for research or for treatment?

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Agree the situation in the US is a worry on many counts.  Our Govt. has said it won't be mandatory here.  It is good that you are still giving plasma.  Is that for research or for treatment?

We were told that the convalescent plasma is being used in the hospitals and given to patients in the ICU.  It helps with recovery..quicker and shorter time in hospital. It seems to help in the respiratory recovery.   NY is currently sending it to other states as we (for now) have enough. We were also told a small amount collected each day goes towards research.  You can donate every 8 days the first six times and then once a month.

Our daughter in law is involved in research on the vaccine. She said the numbers are good for success, but, as a researcher, she is having a hard time with a drug getting approval without a three to five year trial.  What happens later??  She is a cancer survivor and is not sure she will take it immediately. Since the vaccine is based on antibodies, the question is will those who get the vaccine get some of the side affects people who had covid have gotten??

Yesterday, there was an article regarding immunity and those who had covid.  Now they are leaning more towards immunity lasting longer, since so many who had covid early on (like us) still have antibodies. Testing was done on people who had covid and  very few had a second infection.   Hoping that the immunity is longer lasting than originally thought.  Time will tell..but we do not have time to waste.  

27 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I find it telling that there are several opinion articles written in past months discussing what could happen if he lost the election. These people didn't have a crystal ball, they just analysed the character and projected what might happen.

Didn't need a crystal ball to see this coming.  Imagine a spoiled rich kid..always given what he wanted and never told ..no.  Someone who got rid of anyone who did not agree or praise him.  His way or the highway!  Someone who bragged about getting around the rules, just because he was rich and smart.  Someone who would put a good partner under the bus to get his way.  I grew up with this person as he screwed person after person in deals. A disaster waiting to happen.  And it is happening! Horrifying are the 70 million who wanted this type of character leading their country.

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

From your lips to God's ears!!  Second wave coming back in NY..too many are just not listening.  Seems, if a person either did not get it or a relative get it..they do not believe.  Then the ones who are claiming the government is trying to take away their freedom by telling them to wear a mask.  I admire your countrymen fo,llowing the rules.  I also understand the population of our countries are so different..but too many nit wits (for a better word) here in America.  I am sad for my grandchildren!

I think with the Ozzie’s and kiwis, we are carefree and fun loving but we are disciplined.

Take care.

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think with the Ozzie’s and kiwis, we are carefree and fun loving but we are disciplined.

Take care.

More to the point, in my opinion, while we tend to take a pretty easy going attitude, when things are serious we take them seriously. A bit like on these boards, there is a lot of banter, but not till the question has been dealt with.

11 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Is there now a little (or more) irony that someone is hiding away in a cellar, only coming out to play golf.

Cue Nero fiddling.

It takes a lot of time every day to put those posts on Twitter. 🙂It would also take time to liaise with his legal team. Giuliani apparently is getting $20,000 a day.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It takes a lot of time every day to put those posts on Twitter. 🙂It would also take time to liaise with his legal team. Giuliani apparently is getting $20,000 a day.

Did you see Giuliani's latest press conference? Oh my goodness, he has completely lost the plot too. I saw some photos of him from the PC and it looked as if his hair dye was running down his face! Perhaps if he is being paid so much per day, he could afford to have his hair coloured properly. He has gone from a hero of 9/11 to a farce as DT's attorney.

Leigh

34 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Did you see Giuliani's latest press conference? Oh my goodness, he has completely lost the plot too. I saw some photos of him from the PC and it looked as if his hair dye was running down his face! Perhaps if he is being paid so much per day, he could afford to have his hair coloured properly. He has gone from a hero of 9/11 to a farce as DT's attorney.

Leigh

Watching some of his ramblings in defence of DT,  I agree, lost the plot, big time.  He does not need the money.

Edited by NSWP

Melbourne’s data very late today. There was a post about 45 minutes ago saying it was still being processed.

I am going to lodge a lawsuit against any late data being included.

So we can have a picture, here is the CHO’s page (he has been on holidays).  Note interesting aspect?

69AB121E-FDE8-42A8-8722-3C76506EA171.thumb.png.7d94fb5edec3a23fe05b5c778406393c.png

Edited by Docker123
6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Melbourne’s data very late today. There was a post about 45 minutes ago saying it was still being processed.

I am going to lodge a lawsuit against any late data being included.

So we can have a picture, here is the CHO’s page (he has been on holidays).  Note interesting aspect?

69AB121E-FDE8-42A8-8722-3C76506EA171.thumb.png.7d94fb5edec3a23fe05b5c778406393c.png

So are doughnuts due to Vic today? I am confused re above info from Vic CHO.

Edited by NSWP
4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

That has been his page for some time, not just today. So not a comment.

He is on holidays.

Noted, where has he gone on holidays ? Somewhere in Victoria no doubt.🏊‍♂️

Edited by NSWP
Just now, NSWP said:

Noted, where has he gone on holidays, somewhere in Victoria no doubt.🏊‍♂️

He was up near Bright.

There was a news article about him being turned away from an establishment, twice, because under his rule it was at its capacity.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

one more week and Victorians can go to Queensland and WA without quarantine or playing footy..

And travel to NSW from 23 November, like on Monday. The Princes Hwy down south will be busy.

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

He was up near Bright.

There was a news article about him being turned away from an establishment, twice, because under his rule it was at its capacity.

Very nice area up there, or is it down there? 

8 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Ok, doughnuts for day 21.

1083239D-3B1C-4560-9AEE-B72FA25D28FE.thumb.jpeg.eefa3db157fae14deb7b3c6d7281e263.jpeg

I was getting a bit worried that the latest results were so late in being released, but saw on Covidlive website a few minutes ago that there were no new cases. Although I have just read there is one possible new case that is being investigated whether it is a weak positive or a past infection. There will be further testing today and a review by an expert panel to determine its status.

Leigh

18 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I was getting a bit worried that the latest results were so late in being released, but saw on Covidlive website a few minutes ago that there were no new cases. Although I have just read there is one possible new case that is being investigated whether it is a weak positive or a past infection. There will be further testing today and a review by an expert panel to determine its status.

Leigh

124335452_691112438187089_7412323904693692890_o.jpg.69a65dba8226ef4c9cf68f0eef69d7af.jpg