Congratulations Melbourne - one new case, no deaths

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

124335452_691112438187089_7412323904693692890_o.jpg.69a65dba8226ef4c9cf68f0eef69d7af.jpg

We actually had donuts for afternoon tea yesterday Les. Similar to the ones in your photo. We were looking after our granddaughter and bought the donuts as a treat for her (and us). Don't know the last time I ate a donut. I actually would have preferred the choc eclairs!

Leigh

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

We actually had donuts for afternoon tea yesterday Les. Similar to the ones in your photo. We were looking after our granddaughter and bought the donuts as a treat for her (and us). Don't know the last time I ate a donut. I actually would have preferred the choc eclairs!

Leigh

Thanks Leigh, the chocolate eclairs would melt today, 34C here. Nearly time to put the a/c on.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Leigh, the chocolate eclairs would melt today, 34C here. Nearly time to put the a/c on.

Has anyone else thought the supermarkets are colder than normal lately.?

Just realised ... its to stop all the chocolate they have in stock for Christmas from melting.

11 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Just realised ... its to stop all the chocolate they have in stock for Christmas from melting.

Bought a choc eclair today, very nice.

Glad to see the hard measures taken have yielded solid results. In British Columbia right now we find ourselves with an alarming number of daily cases as we try to deal with the second wave.

Here on Vancouver Island we had quite low numbers for a long time, Lynn & I felt pretty safe here. We kept to ourselves, only went to a few trusted stores and restaurants. Now we have cancelled our little get away in December, not going to stray very far from home. We will take the time off, go to a couple places we enjoy, have dinner at a Greek Restaurant we like (They were forced to move because there building they were in is being redeveloped) so we want to check out the new space. We can check out some places that are usually packed with pesky tourists😉

6 hours ago, possum52 said:

Did you see Giuliani's latest press conference? Oh my goodness, he has completely lost the plot too. I saw some photos of him from the PC and it looked as if his hair dye was running down his face! Perhaps if he is being paid so much per day, he could afford to have his hair coloured properly. He has gone from a hero of 9/11 to a farce as DT's attorney.

Leigh

Looney tunes with a bad dye job!!

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

And the easter eggs out the back, ready to roll in January, lol.

11 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Early call for Saturday. active cases down to 1

Sewerage testing for traces in suburbs to the west of where I live (Altona, Point Cook, etc). Call for people in those areas to go for tests.

38476EEF-9286-4E93-AA43-4AA0FE6E7FB8.thumb.jpeg.60ce0dab781019b3b6885e01385701eb.jpeg

Same in Batemans Bay, traces of covid in waste at our sewerage plant, services 21,000 people and 100,000 at holiday season. Health commission is advising people to get tested if they have symptoms of covid.

Happy dance for Melbourne and Adelaide.  

That is interesting that traces of the virus were found in the sewerage in both Vic and NSW.  Does that mean the virus is in the community undetected?

What do you think made that pizza worker say he bought a pizza rather than he worked in the pizza shop?  It was not illegal to work two jobs.  Caused havoc in Adelaide with contact tracers thinking the virus must have spread on a pizza box, which was the reason for the six day lockdown.  

Latest news from China which is checking frozen foods from a variety of countries, inc NZ, for the virus.  I always wondered about foreign frozen foods. 

9 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Honestly it is a shame they can't charge the pizza guy for lying.... all the trouble he has caused ...

Personally stopped buying stuff from china full stop..

Don

Don me boy....I buy my gear at Lowes, full of stuff from China. They get it on consignment, sell now, pay the supplier later.

lowes.jpg.447029ef1491c5889dbf91084090c17c.jpg

Edited by NSWP
1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I always wondered about foreign frozen foods. 

I do not take China's accusations seriously.

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has previously dismissed the risk of COVID-19 infection from frozen food and food packaging, saying they are not known routes of transmission.

And Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) says: "There's no evidence COVID-19 can be contracted through food or food packaging."

China's testing has not been the subject of international scrutiny or peer review." See ABC's full article.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Happy dance for Melbourne and Adelaide.  

That is interesting that traces of the virus were found in the sewerage in both Vic and NSW.  Does that mean the virus is in the community undetected?

What do you think made that pizza worker say he bought a pizza rather than he worked in the pizza shop?  It was not illegal to work two jobs.  Caused havoc in Adelaide with contact tracers thinking the virus must have spread on a pizza box, which was the reason for the six day lockdown.  

Latest news from China which is checking frozen foods from a variety of countries, inc NZ, for the virus.  I always wondered about foreign frozen foods. 

The waste water testing is a pointer to it possibly being in the community. Obvious concern of asymptomatic people, or minimal symptoms, who don’t get tested and isolated. 

It may have little impact on them, but the potential to infect more vulnerable people is the worry.  

10 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I do not take China's accusations seriously.

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has previously dismissed the risk of COVID-19 infection from frozen food and food packaging, saying they are not known routes of transmission.

And Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) says: "There's no evidence COVID-19 can be contracted through food or food packaging."

China's testing has not been the subject of international scrutiny or peer review." See ABC's full article.

Thank you.  I worried about the possibility of the virus being on frozen food before China, when a lot of people in Aust got the virus working in cold storage in NZ and Aust. 

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

The only reason I can come up with to explain why the man who worked in the pizza shop lied, is if he was being paid cash in hand for that job.

46 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  I worried about the possibility of the virus being on frozen food before China, when a lot of people in Aust got the virus working in cold storage in NZ and Aust. 

This was discussed in many news articles. People with the virus passed it on to other workers, not passed from the food. Here is one I found from the BBC.

""Factories and, in particular, indoor areas which are cold and damp, are perfect environments for coronavirus to linger and spread," according to Lawrence Young, Professor of Molecular Oncology at the University of Warwick.

"Virus-containing droplets from infected individuals are more likely to spread, settle and stay viable.""

47 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The only reason I can come up with to explain why the man who worked in the pizza shop lied, is if he was being paid cash in hand for that job.

As many in that industry do.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Most likely he is not on the books and being paid in cash

The story about the person who worked in the pizza shop then lied to contact tracers, is a bit more complicated than just someone working for cash in hand. Here are details:

The pizza bar worker whose lie sparked South Australia's strict six-day lockdown has been identified as a 36-year-old Spanish man whose visa is due to expire next month.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens revealed on Saturday morning the 36-year-old had also worked as a kitchen hand at the Stamford Hotel and was in Australia on a temporary graduate visa that's due to expire in mid December.

The commissioner said although the employee's actions had an 'unbelievable impact' on South Australians, there was no penalty for lying and he won't yet be charged or fined.

His actions could easily ruin the business of the pizza shop involved. I wonder if contact tracers visited the shop. They might have because the story told by this 'covidiot' was that he caught the virus from the packaging on a pizza he bought at the shop. Contact tracers then contacted 4,000 customers and family who had to go into isolation. 

Edited by Aus Traveller