Congratulations Melbourne - one new case, no deaths

Just now, getting older slowly said:

Sorry...... but    us in Victoria have taken a lot of flak about Case numbers

I will not bring it up again

Everybody have a great day     Don

It's okay Don, I understand your feelings. I actually chuckled at your cheeky post. Others don't seem to have a sense of humour.

17 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Interesting lots of zeroes for Thursday. I note that there have been 20+ returnees moved to “hot hotels” as they have shown symptoms. However, still none testing positive.

After a long flight, as it is quite common for passengers to have sniffles, coughs etc, all the symptons of Covid 19, I would think it would be expected that there will be some with Covid symptoms. 

Leigh

33 minutes ago, possum52 said:

After a long flight, as it is quite common for passengers to have sniffles, coughs etc, all the symptons of Covid 19, I would think it would be expected that there will be some with Covid symptoms. 

Leigh

Based on what NSW has bern getting from quarantine cases you'll probably see one or two a day. I can't remember how many passengers Melbourne is now taking compared with Sydney but Sydney has been getting 4-6 cases a day, sometimes more, in quarantine so Melbourne would be half that or less.

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Or double that if coming from the worst hit countries.

I think Sydney has been getting a fair mix from various countries and I imagine Melbourne will be the same. I saw a picture of the flight arrivals board for Melbourne the day they started receiving them again and it seemed like a fairly varied mix. Probably very similar to Sydney.

Good evening my CC friends,  Uncle Les reporting on deck for duty....I have had a traumatic couple of days in hospital, they cut out a chunk the size of an apricot, down to the muscle out of my left upper arm, this time 30 sutures. I did not bleed almost to death this time. My GP also does shifts at the local hospital so organised it all for me and did the surgery. Now I have to wait a week for the second pathology result. Very sore arm as I am left handed I have to drink and do everything right handed. If I can drive ok will head up to Qld re family Xmas  on 21/12, Dr has given me a letter to produce to hospital or Doctor up in Qld re taking sutures out etc.

Standfast.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good evening my CC friends,  Uncle Les reporting on deck for duty....I have had a traumatic couple of days in hospital, they cut out a chunk the size of an apricot, down to the muscle out of my left upper arm, this time 30 sutures. I did not bleed almost to death this time. My GP also does shifts at the local hospital so organised it all for me and did the surgery. Now I have to wait a week for the second pathology result. Very sore arm as I am left handed I have to drink and do everything right handed. If I can drive ok will head up to Qld re family Xmas  on 21/12, Dr has given me a letter to produce to hospital or Doctor up in Qld re taking sutures out etc.

Standfast.

Good news Uncle Les. Hopefully the path results are good. 

Remember, for your recovery drugs are your friend. Doping up helps the body heal. Here are some I prepared earlier. 

69D63414-E38A-48EF-AE55-751CFE9573C9.jpeg.d35c3ba4382debde5f0d8ebcaf12b111.jpeg

DD1A5877-ADC4-412E-825B-98FED5971557.jpeg.f447723da8c2bf913b049e9820d5e56d.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Good news Uncle Les. Hopefully the path results are good. 

Remember, for your recovery drugs are your friend. Doping up helps the body heal. Here are some I prepared earlier. 

69D63414-E38A-48EF-AE55-751CFE9573C9.jpeg.d35c3ba4382debde5f0d8ebcaf12b111.jpeg

DD1A5877-ADC4-412E-825B-98FED5971557.jpeg.f447723da8c2bf913b049e9820d5e56d.jpeg

Thank you Dr. Adrian...Empty cups, what use, put some Dimple Haig or Chivas Regal Scotch in them for heavens sake. Am on ye olde Endone and antibiotics, you know they cannot guarantee the sterility of dressings these days, hence the antibiotics, the dressings come from China, scary.

Another scary bit is that my Veterinarian grandaughter and a niece who is an A&E Sister at Gold Coast Hospital said they will attack my sutures together on Boxing Day at Currumbin, Holy Moly, I will need a triple Chivas prior.

Edited by NSWP

So glad you're back home after your "ordeal" Uncle Les.  Yep, dressings - scary!  So make sure you finish your antibiotics before you can hit the 'good stuff' again.  Best of luck with your recovery and fingers crossed for good path results.

Are you allowed to eat an Aussie pie?  Sure hope so, that'll kill any dressing germs!

5 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

So glad you're back home after your "ordeal" Uncle Les.  Yep, dressings - scary!  So make sure you finish your antibiotics before you can hit the 'good stuff' again.  Best of luck with your recovery and fingers crossed for good path results.

Are you allowed to eat an Aussie pie?  Sure hope so, that'll kill any dressing germs!

Cheers, LC1950, you and I have the same initial but I am LC1948, lol.  No real pie, I am coeliac, the flour in a normal pie upsets my gut. I have to eat these..

jasesgfbeefpie.jpeg.c31903272b28ca1835b7e388d0f9d4e2.jpeg

Edited by NSWP

Surely you could have a gluten free Aussie Pie?  And hey, looks like you're a couple of years older than I.  Mmmmm Hubby was born in '44 so you're a bit of a spring chicken compared to him.  LMFO, no, I am NOT a cougar!!!!  So relax. 

But all the very best to you for a speedy recovery - meat pie or not. 🙄

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks you young Adrian...Empty cups, what use, put some Dimple Haig or Chivas Regal Scotch in them for heavens sake. Am on ye olde Endone and antibiotics, you know they cannot guarantee the sterility of dressings these days, hence the antibiotics, the dressings come from China, scary.

They did hold various strengths of Endone (immediate or long release), or various palexia (immediate or long), or Valium, or or or...

Of course, the nurses studiously observed them being swallowed. 

I did ask for some liquid “medication”, but they said the dr said no.

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

They did hold various strengths of Endone (immediate or long release), or various palexia (immediate or long), or Valium, or or or...

Of course, the nurses studiously observed them being swallowed. 

I did ask for some liquid “medication”, but they said the dr said no.

Uncle Dans has plenty of good medication, lol.  BTW that is a lot of pill cups.

Edited by NSWP
1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Standfast.

Great news so far, hope recovery and results are also good.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Standfast.

It is good to see you are back on deck, as it were.🙂 Most likely the pathology result this time will be all OK. This second surgery would have been to have a margin around the malignant melanoma. I hope you can drive to see your family for Christmas. All the best. 🙂

BTW, my suspected melanoma turned out to be pre-melanoma. All good.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

It is good to see you are back on deck, as it were.🙂 Most likely the pathology result this time will be all OK. This second surgery would have been to have a margin around the malignant melanoma. I hope you can drive to see your family for Christmas. All the best. 🙂

BTW, my suspected melanoma turned out to be pre-melanoma. All good.

Thanks, yes, bigger chop. Good news re yours.❤️

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Another scary bit is that my Veterinarian grandaughter and a niece who is an A&E Sister at Gold Coast Hospital said they will attack my sutures together on Boxing Day at Currumbin, Holy Moly, I will need a triple Chivas prior.

We are going on a beach holiday from Saturday - weather doesn't look good. My doc will see if the stitches from the excision of my suspected melanoma can come out tomorrow. If not, my daughter and maybe daughter in law will do the job while we are at the Sunshine Coast. They don't have the medical quals of your grandaughter and niece. 🙂

Les, when I had my first melanoma (1994) the protocol was to take 50mm in all directions - therefore an excision 4 inches wide and 2 inches deep from my left upper arm 🙂. The 20cm long 'gully' down my arm has filled in a lot in the intervening years. Now (thank goodness) they have found they don't need to take such a big margin.

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. 💘

16 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Best of luck with the pathology results Les. I got the all clear on mine last month.  We 48's are a tough lot.

Cheers John, yes 48 was a good year, the future King Of Australia is a 48 man too.🍾🍷🍺🤴🏻