Spain Cruise with Canary Islands

Looking at the new release of cruises for 2022 I like the October 11, 2022 Barcelona to Barcelona itinerary which is mainly Spain and the Canary Islands. It will give us a chance to try the Splendor (we love the Explorer) and all of the ports are new for us except Barcelona...we have been to Barceloa a few times. Has anyone been on a similar itinerary and if so, can you let me know what you think? The ports are Valencia, Alicante, Almeria, Granada, Gibraltar, Tangier, Arrecife, Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. I think October will be a good time to go there as well. Thoughts?

We have been to the Canary Islands on cruises a couple of times, once on Regent. We found it very enjoyable with lots of things to see. October should be a perfect time to go.

Go and ride a camel on Lanzarote!

Hi Carol

i reckon this could be a great cruise especially if most of the destinations are new to you. Anything with Barcelona in it is off to a good start, even if you have been a few times before. One of our favourite cities (been there at least a dozen times and still finding something new or in case of the Sagrada Familia something that changes each visit).

Valencia is another beautiful city and would certainly reward a full day tour. If you are looking for a non-urban day you could try a tour of the paella rice fields, very interesting.

Alicante is a city that many British people are guilty of overlooking as they head for the beaches but it has many interests.

Almeria we have not been to, but a visit to Granada is definitely worth the bus trip. The Alhambra is genuinely world class as an attraction.

Gibraltar has the rock but a quieter day of shopping may be just as rewarding. We have not been to Tangiers.

Camel riding is certainly one option in Lanzarote, but in Tenerife you will be rewarded by some truly amazing views at the top of Mount Teide, think New Mexico landscape but with a big mountain and the sea in the distance. On a good day you should see your other port of call, Gran Canaria.

October can be a tad wet at times in Spain, so a light jacket might be a good idea but it should also still be warm. This week it has been 30 degrees Celsius in Tenerife.

Enjoy Splendor

• Like 1