Jump to content

B2B OBC and onboard account


Recommended Posts

I seem to recall that on previous B2B cruises my onboard account was not closed out after each cruise and we only got billed when we finally left the ship.  So effectively any OBC from the first cruise just applied to the final bill and didn't vanish between cruises even if not spent.  And maybe OBC on second cruise can cover a charge on the first.

 

When we transferred our Cruise Planner Credit from three cancelled cruises to a future set of cruises each credit had to be applied to only one cruise each.  So for a B2B2B we now have $50/$650/$1250 showing in the new Cruise Planners.  Prior to sailing these are separate and we can only use a specific amount for purchases now.

 

But what happens on the cruise?  If I bought drink packages on the second cruise for say $1200 will the large amount of OBC on the third cruise cover that?  It won't if I buy packages now but might onboard if the purchase on cruise 2 carries into the final bill.

 

Your thoughts and experience with B2B accounts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LeeW said:

I seem to recall that on previous B2B cruises my onboard account was not closed out after each cruise and we only got billed when we finally left the ship.  So effectively any OBC from the first cruise just applied to the final bill and didn't vanish between cruises even if not spent.  And maybe OBC on second cruise can cover a charge on the first.

 

When we transferred our Cruise Planner Credit from three cancelled cruises to a future set of cruises each credit had to be applied to only one cruise each.  So for a B2B2B we now have $50/$650/$1250 showing in the new Cruise Planners.  Prior to sailing these are separate and we can only use a specific amount for purchases now.

 

But what happens on the cruise?  If I bought drink packages on the second cruise for say $1200 will the large amount of OBC on the third cruise cover that?  It won't if I buy packages now but might onboard if the purchase on cruise 2 carries into the final bill.

 

Your thoughts and experience with B2B accounts?

The accounts are closed at the end of each voyage on Royal. Each is separate and things will not carry over from one to the next

 

Cruise planner accounts are the same...only good for that specific cruise.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Ken.

 

That's what is supposed to happen, just hasn't always been my experience.  But we have only done maybe 6 B2B so not sure if this happens all the time or was a one-time situation.  Might have been a case where cruise went to different ports due to hurricane and all the excursions were cancelled.  First cruise did show credit there that carried into second cruise.

 

I stuck the large OBC on the third cruise because that is where I expect to spend the most.  Worst case is I do casino charges if I don't spend it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Thanks, Ken.

 

That's what is supposed to happen, just hasn't always been my experience.  But we have only done maybe 6 B2B so not sure if this happens all the time or was a one-time situation.  Might have been a case where cruise went to different ports due to hurricane and all the excursions were cancelled.  First cruise did show credit there that carried into second cruise.

 

I stuck the large OBC on the third cruise because that is where I expect to spend the most.  Worst case is I do casino charges if I don't spend it.

It must have just been a one time thing and I don't even know how they did that as your account is totally closed and you have a new seapass and folio for the next sailing.  The casino is always a handy option.  I'm going to have to take that route as well on an upcoming cruise

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was the Allure hurricane it was certainly different.  First cruise got extended and second one shortened and free.

 

Similar problem coming up on Disney.  The 125% FCC covered whole cost of new cruise and left around $1000pp.  On Disney they don't issue a new FCC, just give it to you as OBC.  Even after paying for all the excursions, gratuities and some spa will still have maybe $600pp left as OBC.  Apparently we can use this for transportation, hotels and similar but anything needs to be booked as part of that cruise.  We already have a Goport hotel/transportation reservation that was an FCC and airline that was an FCC so not much left to spend it on.  Doubt we can get a cabana.  Any suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have done many b2b each one is treated as a new cruise , account has to be closed for you to chime off and manifest checked before boarding can commence with a new seapass card . But duty free alcohol is a different kettle of fish , and the fish are very happy 😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LeeW said:

If it was the Allure hurricane it was certainly different.  First cruise got extended and second one shortened and free.

 

Similar problem coming up on Disney.  The 125% FCC covered whole cost of new cruise and left around $1000pp.  On Disney they don't issue a new FCC, just give it to you as OBC.  Even after paying for all the excursions, gratuities and some spa will still have maybe $600pp left as OBC.  Apparently we can use this for transportation, hotels and similar but anything needs to be booked as part of that cruise.  We already have a Goport hotel/transportation reservation that was an FCC and airline that was an FCC so not much left to spend it on.  Doubt we can get a cabana.  Any suggestions?

You can spend the money in the shops. A few t-shirts, sweatshirts, stuffed animals, a new Mickey watch and you can blow more then $600.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LeeW said:

If it was the Allure hurricane it was certainly different.  First cruise got extended and second one shortened and free.

 

Similar problem coming up on Disney.  The 125% FCC covered whole cost of new cruise and left around $1000pp.  On Disney they don't issue a new FCC, just give it to you as OBC.  Even after paying for all the excursions, gratuities and some spa will still have maybe $600pp left as OBC.  Apparently we can use this for transportation, hotels and similar but anything needs to be booked as part of that cruise.  We already have a Goport hotel/transportation reservation that was an FCC and airline that was an FCC so not much left to spend it on.  Doubt we can get a cabana.  Any suggestions?

Find someone at the shops making a large purchase and offer them the $600 for $500 cash.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, bearette said:

You can spend the money in the shops. A few t-shirts, sweatshirts, stuffed animals, a new Mickey watch and you can blow more then $600.

The 6 year old plans on spending her $371 remainder on Goofy Gummies.  That is what is left after all excursions (estimated) and gratuities for her.  Almost enough for a Bibbidi appointment!  DW and I have $750 if we get a cabana (doubtful) and $1500 if we don't.  Son and family have $2035.  Other folks have complained that cruise cost for next year went up enough to eat the extra 25%, but for our 2021 cruise the cost is within $100 of this year's cost.  So we are netting 1/4 of Disney booking costs as OBC.  And they even transferred the taxes and insurance directly to the new cruise.

 

Ken may have the best idea, although not sure people bring that much cash on a Disney cruise.  We only do that when there is a casino.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 3:56 PM, Hogbay said:

We have done many b2b each one is treated as a new cruise , account has to be closed for you to chime off and manifest checked before boarding can commence with a new seapass card.

 

+1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...