Jump to content

CC Screen names, how and why did you choose them?


Renmar
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, SopOma said:

My DH "made" me sign up for this. Don't expect too many posts from me yet, just wanted to see if the name was taken. Thanks Thrak for your kind words re our granddaughter. Say hi to Chris from me.

 

Anke

 

Ahh... I'm not too sure he is able to "make" you do anything. 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love to sew so LovetoSew was my cruise critic name.  Every cruise was an excuse to find that unique fabric store in Japan or France or England for that special piece to take home and sew up.  Many memories. I can hardly wait to get cruising again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lovetosew said:

I love to sew so LovetoSew was my cruise critic name.  Every cruise was an excuse to find that unique fabric store in Japan or France or England for that special piece to take home and sew up.  Many memories. I can hardly wait to get cruising again.

DW, who is an elementary school art teacher, is into quilting. She has even had quilts displayed in shows, but that is one thing she has not thought of when we have been in cruise ports (or land travel).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My screen needs COVID revision I guess, as we're no longer planning any cruises.  We've always been long range planners, booking best cabin within our price range once an interesting itinerary is released.  This also allows us to plan extended pre cruise visits to interesting places. 

 

Our first post COVID cruise will be a very last minute booking in whatever decent cabin is still available.

 

From three cancelled cruises with HAL we chose not to take generous FCC and at this point HAL just owes us $50.

 

Ruth

Edited by Been There, Planning That
Grammar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

 

Ahh... I'm not too sure he is able to "make" you do anything. 😁

My now husband tried that about 42 years ago. Then boyfriend  I forbid you to go out tonight over the phone ! Challenge excepted! Got a few girlfriends together we went out and staggered I mean got home and about 4:00AM. He never tried that again! lol 

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

DW, who is an elementary school art teacher, is into quilting. She has even had quilts displayed in shows, but that is one thing she has not thought of when we have been in cruise ports (or land travel).

 

When doing land trips check out the Row by Row stuff. We've been to fabric stores around the US and Canada picking up kits for sections.  It makes for a nice "memory piece". These pieces were from a 7 week camping trip up to Fairbanks, Alaska. We picked up bits in several US states as well as Alberta, BC, and Yukon. Each area had it's own particular piece. (We didn't get all of them by any means. There were a lot.) We did the trip in our teardrop trailer which is the one on the bottom portion. This was just a small wall hanging . (Note: The Row By Row stuff is only a "summer event" and each year the places all come out with their own "pieces" for that year.)

 

We have also picked up fabric on various other trips. On a cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific my wife got several pieces. She made a nice Hawaiian patterned dress (with little matching under shorts) for one of our granddaughters who was only about a year old at the time. She also makes beautiful large quilts for beds. We have one on our bed, one on a guest bed, and she has given a number of them as gifts. She quilts quite a bit.

 

image.jpeg.d68490ec1e035c2ad8d6c6c0425f8d73.jpeg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

 

When doing land trips check out the Row by Row stuff. We've been to fabric stores around the US and Canada picking up kits for sections.  It makes for a nice "memory piece". These pieces were from a 7 week camping trip up to Fairbanks, Alaska. We picked up bits in several US states as well as Alberta, BC, and Yukon. Each area had it's own particular piece. (We didn't get all of them by any means. There were a lot.) We did the trip in our teardrop trailer which is the one on the bottom portion. This was just a small wall hanging . (Note: The Row By Row stuff is only a "summer event" and each year the places all come out with their own "pieces" for that year.)

 

We have also picked up fabric on various other trips. On a cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific my wife got several pieces. She made a nice Hawaiian patterned dress (with little matching under shorts) for one of our granddaughters who was only about a year old at the time. She also makes beautiful large quilts for beds. We have one on our bed, one on a guest bed, and she has given a number of them as gifts. She quilts quite a bit.

 

image.jpeg.d68490ec1e035c2ad8d6c6c0425f8d73.jpeg

I showed this quilt picture  to DW, and she liked it a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I showed this quilt picture  to DW, and she liked it a lot.

 

It's not a master work or anything fancy but she enjoyed it. Each piece has a memory attached. In the one bottom panel she did add the toolbox to the truck and also to the front of the teardrop so they would match our stuff. This was really a great trip. It was 7 weeks and would actually have been at least a week longer but BC was on fire on the way home so we kind of zipped through. Glad that when we were northbound there were no fires. It's an amazingly beautiful province. All of the people we met in Canada and Alaska were wonderfully friendly. Hopefully, one of these days the stupid virus will be under control and we can travel again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2020 at 5:44 AM, rabin1 said:

Mine is for my afghan hound Rabintinathia. My mom used to tell me by the time I called her she would be gone. So I gave her a nickname Rabin. I had another one named Dulcinea (does anyone know what that is from)?

Kathy

 

Are you a fan of Tagore and/or Cervantes' Don Quixote?

 

My handle is still with me, although the house we had on the Canary Island of the same name is - thank goodness - finally sold (only took 12 years to do so!)

 

BTW - another Mustang fan here ... my first "real" self-bought car was a '66 wine-red 'ragtop' bought in 66.  Wish I still had it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TenerifeSharon said:

Are you a fan of Tagore and/or Cervantes' Don Quixote?

 

My handle is still with me, although the house we had on the Canary Island of the same name is - thank goodness - finally sold (only took 12 years to do so!)

 

BTW - another Mustang fan here ... my first "real" self-bought car was a '66 wine-red 'ragtop' bought in 66.  Wish I still had it! 

You are correct!!! You must be a theater fan as I am.

Stay safe

Kathy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2020 at 11:35 PM, PrincessDano said:

Princess for obvious reasons, Dano was my nickname growing up

 

Diane

Hi Diane,

I know the real reason. It’s because you married my friend Fred The 🤴 King of Kelowna. 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back when Star Wars first came out, we drove across Canada and our young sons wanted to talk to the truckers on the 401. One trucker asked who they were and the answer was R2D2. We told them we were driving the white Ford LTD car. It has stuck for many, many years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...