Tequila tasting excursion

werus

57 minutes ago, werus said:

Any recommendations on Excursion doing Tequila tasting?  want excursion as traveling alone, thanks

No personal experience with tequila tours as we are not particularly keen on tequila but the few tastings we have done seem to be limited to a particular brand, as a sales promotion. Tequila tasting gets very mixed reviews on Cozumel so do your research and be aware.

There is no saying which venues will still exist when cruising restarts but here are some suggestions for you to research:

Casa Mission, Mi Mexico Lindo, Hacienda Antigua, Buccanos, Discover Mexico, Chankanaab, Mr Sanchos and Sky Reef. Some of these you would need to arrange own transport (taxi, or private driver) but some venues are included in other excursions (independently, or through the ship) like self-drive buggy, trikes, ATV, Cozumel highlights tour. There are usually ship tours to Discover Mexico and Chankanaab although they generally mean taxi with a group. I have read good reviews of Mr Sanchos tasting in the past but transport and booking would need to be arranged on your own.

I am not aware of any group excursions solely to do tequila tasting. Perhaps you could  arrange a private tour with others through your roll call?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, werus said:

Any recommendations on Excursion doing Tequila tasting?  want excursion as traveling alone, thanks

At least initially you will likely be limited to ship sponsored tours - they want to control where you go and who you interact with before letting you back onto the ship.  Check with your cruise line for tours. 

Tequila is not naturally produced on Cozumel, so any tasting will be of products grown/distilled somewhere else and, as C-Legs said, may be part of a sales promotion.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 9:51 PM, werus said:

I did the tequila tasting at the discover Mexico park through an excursion from NCL, that tasting is run by Jose Cuervo. We tasted three types of tequila with different foods... the most expensive one with a nib of dark chocolate was the best. We then got a margarita afterwards and time to wander around the park. The discover Mexico park also has a a chocolate workshop and an art workshop. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/15/2020 at 4:24 PM, eileeshb said:

I did the tequila tasting at the discover Mexico park through an excursion from NCL, that tasting is run by Jose Cuervo. We tasted three types of tequila with different foods... the most expensive one with a nib of dark chocolate was the best. We then got a margarita afterwards and time to wander around the park. The discover Mexico park also has a a chocolate workshop and an art workshop. 

So - would you recommend this Shore Excursion ?

We are hopeful that cruising will resume, and that our January 2022 Cruise on the Breakaway from New Orleans happens - I did notice that NCL offers this excursion...

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2021 at 2:20 AM, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

So - would you recommend this Shore Excursion ?

We are hopeful that cruising will resume, and that our January 2022 Cruise on the Breakaway from New Orleans happens - I did notice that NCL offers this excursion...

Thanks 

If you want something other than Jose Cuervo then no, as it’s a Jose Cuervo tequila tasting class. But I knew next to nothing about tequila beforehand so it was good for me. I suspect anyone that’s already familiar with the higher end products may not be as interested. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, eileeshb said:

Anyone know if

a. The park is still open, as the web site has been down for sometime now

b. The Jose Cuervo tasting is still in Operation out front ?  

Going down in Oct and family would love to visit this site and the Tasting