Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Don't believe Regent! They collected our final payment on August 7, 2020 and then cancelled our cruise on August 26, 2020. We are certain that Regent knew that they were cancelling our January cruise when they asked for our final payment. We hesitated in making our final payment as we thought the January 2021 cruise would cancel, but we were assured that we would be refunded our final payment if the cruise cancelled. As of today October 20, still no refund. We firmly believe this was a sales tactic by Regent collecting our final payment, then cancelling our cruise, with their goal of selling us a future cruise. But what else would you expect from a an NCL owned cruise line? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your refund is about 1 week away. We have been tracking these extensively. Sure, it sucks to wait 2 months but Regent hasn't stiffed anyone. Your TA can call and see if the credits were issued and will find out a few days before it hits your card. Obviously they want to keep the business but they have behaved properly...although we wish they would share a little more info. Be patient and you will have it soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't fully understand the reason why this topic is titled "Regent Reassurance" as the TS's complaint appears to be concerned with perceived tardiness in Regent processing a refund for a cruise that Regent was forced to cancel.

Regent Reassurance is a scheme that allows the customer to cancel up to 15 days prior to departure date and receive a Future Cruise Credit.

 

16 hours ago, chaunceyb said:

But what else would you expect from a an NCL owned cruise line? 

 NCL is a sister cruise line to Regent; with both under the ownership of NCLH

 

16 hours ago, chaunceyb said:

We hesitated in making our final payment

............. and then made your decision to pay it.

 

16 hours ago, chaunceyb said:

we were assured that we would be refunded our final payment if the cruise cancelled.

I am sure you will be refunded all payments made to Regent for the cancelled cruise; hopefully within the promised period of 60 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, flossie009 said:

I don't fully understand the reason why this topic is titled "Regent Reassurance" as the TS's complaint appears to be concerned with perceived tardiness in Regent processing a refund for a cruise that Regent was forced to cancel.

Regent Reassurance is a scheme that allows the customer to cancel up to 15 days prior to departure date and receive a Future Cruise Credit.

 

 NCL is a sister cruise line to Regent; with both under the ownership of NCLH

 

............. and then made your decision to pay it.

 

I am sure you will be refunded all payments made to Regent for the cancelled cruise; hopefully within the promised period of 60 days.

Received our refund October 19th

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 2:33 AM, chaunceyb said:

Don't believe Regent! They collected our final payment on August 7, 2020 and then cancelled our cruise on August 26, 2020. We are certain that Regent knew that they were cancelling our January cruise when they asked for our final payment. We hesitated in making our final payment as we thought the January 2021 cruise would cancel, but we were assured that we would be refunded our final payment if the cruise cancelled. As of today October 20, still no refund. We firmly believe this was a sales tactic by Regent collecting our final payment, then cancelling our cruise, with their goal of selling us a future cruise. But what else would you expect from a an NCL owned cruise line? 

The date of this post is 10/21. Yet on your most recent post on 11/01 you state that your refund was received on 10/19. What am I missing? You  say "Don't believe Regent." Whom am I to believe?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know the answer in this specific case, but I do know that often (probably usually) when a refund shows up on a credit card, it is back-dated by at least 2 or 3 days.  So the card holder does not know that a refund was posted until at least 2 or 3 days later. 

 

Dates can also be confusing on CC because we are in time zones all over the world.  The previous post says "The date of this post is 10/21."  But the quoted post in question says on my computer that it was on 10/20.

 

I suggest that people not get too hung up on this type of date discrepancy.

Edited by SusieQft
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CBWIR said:

The date of this post is 10/21. Yet on your most recent post on 11/01 you state that your refund was received on 10/19. What am I missing? You  say "Don't believe Regent." Whom am I to believe?

We received our refund the next day October 22. They credited our VISA card. Still want to try Regent, maybe in 2023!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a cruise with  "Regent Reassurance" and feel OK, we did have 2 cruises canceled early in the year-took some time but got the refund on one and FCC on the other.  Got what we expected. Think it will be the same--however I'm hoping to cruise-but we have a back up cruise we like just in case.  Better safe than the other option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...