Received my refund!!!

Hflors

HAL cancelled my December 9th cruise on August 11th.  I called in August 12th and asked for a refund of my money.  On October 13th I called the cc company and filed s dispute to have the money returned.  I just checked my online statement today October 21st and found that the refund was posted to my cc account on October 17th.

Thank you HAL/ cc company for my money back.

• Like 2

I think you got the credit because you disputed the charge not because they actually gave you the refund.  Credit card companies are required by law to give you a provisional credit while they look into the dispute.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I think you got the credit because you disputed the charge not because they actually gave you the refund.  Credit card companies are required by law to give you a provisional credit while they look into the dispute.

I actually got a message from the cc company saying that the "dispute" was closed because the vender paid the claim.    I do believe that HAL was "prompted" by my filing the claim.  My father always said.  "The sweaky wheel gets the oil".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hflors said:

I actually got a message from the cc company saying that the "dispute" was closed because the vender paid the claim.    I do believe that HAL was "prompted" by my filing the claim.  My father always said.  "The sweaky wheel gets the oil".

Good deal, HAL must have done as you said.

I am surprised they were so slow, we recently cancelled three cruises, one each with Oceania, Azamara and Hurtengruten and received refunds within a week.

4 hours ago, Hflors said:

HAL cancelled my December 9th cruise on August 11th.  I called in August 12 and asked for a full refund of my money.  On October 13th I called the cc company and filed s dispute to have the money returned.  I just checked my online statement today October 21st and found that the refund was posted to my cc account on October 17th.

Thank you HAL/ cc company for my money back.

Glad you got your refund!

HAL cancelled our Nov. South America Cruise Aug. 11.  I applied for a full refund, and was pleasantly surprised that it posted to my cc today, a little over 60 days.  That was faster than the 90 days it took last spring for the March HAL cancelled Hawaii cruise.  HAL now has refunded on all 3 of our 2020 cruises, so money must be coming in by way of new bookings.  We are booked for Alaska next July and hope it goes!

My October TA was cancelled in May. I never got my refund until late September. I was booked on the Maasdam for a Mexican Riviera cruise in April 2021, and told my TA to pay the balance with my FCC from the cancelled transatlantic. Because HAL took so long to refund that, all that was on there was my $300 deposit when they sold the ship, and that was refunded in double. I had rebooked the 2022 version on the Volendam with no money as I was owed shipboard credit and that was cancelled-and HAL gave me nothing. So I should have around $10k and I have $2800 instead because of HAL's delays. My TA is working on it, but I am really unhappy with my treatment from HAL. 

• 3 weeks later...

I thought we were never going to see any return of our money since our cruise was cancelled July 15 when they sold Rotterdam.  When we booked a cruise last week, our PCC managed to get the amount owing transferred to our new cruise.  So we are happy to see it accounted for, if not in our hands!    They also gave us back our FCDs, and double the amount in additional FCCs.   

We were cancelled in April for a May cruise and applied for our money back through our credit cards. My brother thought he had not received his $200 deposit back but when he looked carefully at his July credit card bill in fact he had-so he was happy to see that he was not out any $.

• Like 1