Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

Trying to gauge the amount of new Lounge Eligible cruisers that will be anointed in 2021.

And yes, I know there is no level known as Dbl Pin, I just wanted the Pinnacle members a chance to play along😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

We have been 10 points away from D+ since January 2020.  So far have had 6 2020 cancellations.  Our pending Dec 2020 cruise will level us up if it happens.  Our currently booked 2021 cruises on Royal will net us 122 points if all of them happen.  I am hoping that by this time next year we will have at least 10 more points.  😨

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Trying to gauge the amount of new Lounge Eligible cruisers that will be anointed in 2021.

And yes, I know there is no level known as Dbl Pin, I just wanted the Pinnacle members a chance to play along😉

Can you add a choice for too far from the next level to get there? (aka On the long road between D+ and P)   If you are D+ between 175-600 points or so it's a pretty lofty goal even solo at 4 or 6 points per night to reach Pinnacle

Edited by molly361
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Can you add a choice for too far from the next level to get there? (aka On the long road between D+ and P)   If you are D+ between 175-600 points or so it's a pretty lofty goal even solo at 4 or 6 points per night to reach Pinnacle

^^ what she said!!

Hanging around in the Half 🍍 doldrums! 

• Like 3

Hello,

I will be going from the 'Half pineapple doldrums' to full pineapple aided by 6 points per night from a JS on Odyssey that was cheaper than a balcony!

I might take a rest in 2022 to give my liver a holiday.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Sorry. I guess you're stuck in the kicked out of CL group. I couldn't vote either, Laura wants to cancel Ovation. Not sure it's even going anyway 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry. I guess you're stuck in the kicked out of CL group. I couldn't vote either, Laura wants to cancel Ovation. Not sure it's even going anyway 

Can’t vote, but we are currently D+ and might get one cruise done next year in October if the border opens.  Highly doubt our March one will happen and already cancelled our January cruise. Instead of 84 points we might get 28. It still leaves us 150 points away from what Pinnacles currently is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I thought pinnacle was 340 or 350 pts ... 600? 

My TA was right as usual, dont chase pts.

3 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

It will move us closer to Diamond + but not quite there.  I do wonder about the number of D and D+ members RCI will have when all of the dust (and virus) settles.

Based a sample of one (me 😁),  even with  a heavy for us number of cruises for 2021, our we only accelerate our path to Diamond+ by a month or two. 

In order for this to make a big difference in loyalty levels, many people will have to book more cruises in 2021 than they would have booked in 2020 and 2021 combined.  While I'm sure Royal would love for that to happen,  I have my doubts. 

Just my (sometimes) humble opinion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Based a sample of one (me 😁),  even with  a heavy for us number of cruises for 2021, our we only accelerate our path to Diamond+ by a month or two. 

In order for this to make a big difference in loyalty levels, many people will have to book more cruises in 2021 than they would have booked in 2020 and 2021 combined.  While I'm sure Royal would love for that to happen,  I have my doubts. 

Just my (sometimes) humble opinion.

Agree, most people will not change their cruising habits because of this. The double points just gets them back what they would have earned in 2020. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Was there something at 350 for reduced solo supplement.. 700 sorry but omg.

Yes. 150% solo supplement at 350, also 2 gift choices at 350 and 3 gift choices at 525 (the 2 unnamed different levels of D+

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Wow thanks for letting me know- I was just going to contact him to book 7 or 8 suites for next year.  Guess I won't do that😇

You better hurry. All suites for my next cruise april 25th say sold out. 

I was tempted by the low prices the week before, but he said wait for clarity on b2bs. 

Actually I'd like the half priced solo supplements, but it's not worth chasing pts. Hes right about me. Lol didnt mean you. You can book away hahahaha