Leveling Up with the 2021 C&A double point promotion

John&LaLa

Will you level up with the new Double Point Promotion  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How far will you level up with the new double point promotion?

• Pre Diamond to Diamond
    • Pre Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond to Diamond Plus
    • Diamond Plus to Pinnacle
    • Some level below Diamond
    • Pinnacle to Double Pinnacle

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We have 101 days booked in 2021, all in suites.  We have 14 suite-days booked in December but I don't expect those to sail.  Of course, I realize that some or all of the 2021 sailings might not happen, either.  We just have to move forward and hope for the best !

IF they all sail (doubtful), we would make P on our May Serenade Alaska trip.  If not then, my hope is that we achieve P before our Ovation NZ/TP in April 2022.  We're only in a JS on those cruises and while I understand that P amenities can be adjusted on the long cruises, it will still be nice to be "in the club".

That’s awesome. 

M8

• Thanks 1

We've lost 243 points due to cancellations and moving cruises. I also don't expect cruising to resume until March or April. Our remaining bookings for 2021 will probably give us back less points then we lost. We will remain D+. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve never understood the obsession by some regarding the meal with an officer. 

They should be asking to eat with us. 😂

M8

I wouldn't be surprised if that perk disappears for a while

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We have 14 suites booked in 2021. Additional  7 suites booked in 2022.  We will be Pinnacle in Oct 2021. Will have and additional 115 points just in case any of my early ones get cancelled. Never thought we would live that long after we made Diamond Plus and have that long ,long  way to Pinnacle.    Nancy & Bob The Villages, Florida

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve never understood the obsession by some regarding the meal with an officer. 

We always look forward to it.  You'll be at a table for 8-10 with one or two officers.  The meal will usually include steak and perhaps lobster.  Also good wine.

You'll have the opportunity to learn about the particular job the officer has.  We're had the head of the laundry to the air conditioning officer, for example.   You can also glean a sense of the person and their family, likes and dislikes.

Bottom line - a lot of fun, good food, good company.

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We always look forward to it.  You'll be at a table for 8-10 with one or two officers.  The meal will usually include steak and perhaps lobster.  Also good wine.

You'll have the opportunity to learn about the particular job the officer has.  We're had the head of the laundry to the air conditioning officer, for example.   You can also glean a sense of the person and their family, likes and dislikes.

Well now....steak, lobster and good wine makes it worth it. I will look forward to this one day!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EDiamond22 said:

will you get the double points if the cruise is already booked? I am 87 away from diamond plus, don't believe ill make it their, hoping to get at least 2 in this year. only 40 more years until i retire and do this full time lol

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Glad you enjoy. 

Just not our thing. We try to avoid groups. The boss deals with mostly 50+ (age) and their families in many settings. When we cruise, it’s to get away from all that she sees and does. 

M8

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

will you get the double points if the cruise is already booked? I am 87 away from diamond plus, don't believe ill make it their, hoping to get at least 2 in this year. only 40 more years until i retire and do this full time lol

Yes.

Loyalty 2X Points applies to new bookings made on 10‌/‌19 – 12‌/‌31‌/‌20 to Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Loyalty 2X Points provides Loyalty members 2X Crown and Anchor points on sailings departing on 1‌/‌1 – 12‌/‌31‌/‌21 ("Eligible Sailings"). Crown and Anchor points will be applied once the guest pays the booking in full and completes the sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation.

Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates, as well as existing bookings for Eligible Sailings made prior to Oct‌ober 1‌9, 20‌20.

• Like 1

Assuming our April 2021 cruise happens we will have had about 160 points not earned from cancelled or shifted cruises.

For the period of 4/21 to 12/21, with double points,  we will gain 188 points.  Already being Pinnacle, not much difference for us. 

This whole situation has really messed up my scheduling of what ship to be on to get the blocks I need...   

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If all our scheduled cruises this year were a go, we would have made Pinnacle sometime mid-year in 2021.  IF the cruise we already had scheduled for 2021 departing after mid-February are a go, we will make Pinnacle about the same time-- mid-year 2021 due to the Double points.  Without the double points it is unlikely we would make it by the end of 2021 or into 2022

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Glad you enjoy. 

Just not our thing. We try to avoid groups. The boss deals with mostly 50+ (age) and their families in many settings. When we cruise, it’s to get away from all that she sees and does. 

M8

It is unique though and worth a visit

• Like 1