Cruises looking good to restart by Dec (florida)

seaman11

12 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Man its like funeral in this section,  lol  you would think Cruisers would be thrilled , there is a clear path to start back up now....  

Don't count your chickens too soon, your seafaring days are still some way off. The 'clear path' you refer to reminded me of a 7 stage smoking cessation plan, used by many in the UK, back in the 80's. The main attraction was that you didn't actually stop until the 5th stage. So, in the cruise return context, at what stage in the phased plan do passengers actually get to board.....answers on a postcard please!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

is there a list of countries that would accept USA departures at this time? without assurance i can visit where i want to go, i dont see the point of even fighting about starting cruising again. 

gotta go somewhere 🙂

This map of the Caribbean shows which islands are open for U.S. tourism. Updated regularly with new information.

Most of the Caribbean is,  or will soon be,  open to US tourists.   So there is no large limitation there.   This isn't specific to cruising, and there are some guidelines to much of them,   but they're not turning people away for the most part.   

I see the doom and gloom crowd is upset,   this is good news whether some like it or not, or are not ready to cruise.   

Do you really think they want to keep losing millions sitting around when the cdc said they can slowly start ?  the Florida cruise port gave the ok . 

they have investors and stock holders to answer to. 

They have already called some crew back last week.   

• Like 6

1250 deaths today among England, Spain, France, and Italy.

USA on track for another 1000+ day once Texas and a few other states report in.

Now is not the time to start it back up anywhere.

Even if the ship testing is good it is the traveling to and from that is a problem.

Looks like Europe is starting to shut cruising back down. Lockdowns and curfews will prevent travel.

Just now, HaveWeMetYet said:

1250 deaths today among England, Spain, France, and Italy.

USA on track for another 1000+ day once Texas and a few other states report in.

Now is not the time to start it back up anywhere.

Even if the ship testing is good it is the traveling to and from that is a problem.

Looks like Europe is starting to shut cruising back down. Lockdowns and curfews will prevent travel.

We didnt handle it right from the beginning so that ship has sailed (pun intended)

6 months from now will not be a better time, a year ... still not,  we have to at some point move on with life and just like other viruses around, learn to live with it. 

• Like 9

On 10/29/2020 at 3:17 PM, chengkp75 said:

And, this folks, is what the CDC is worried about from the get go.  They really don't care if you got infected before the cruise, or during the cruise, they only care about what happens after the cruise.

However they dont care what happens after the flight back from Mexico? or other places we can travel by plane now?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

we have to at some point move on with life and just like other viruses around, learn to live with it. 

Yeah, like we have come to learn to live with the flu. However, the difference currently is that we have a flu vaccine. Hopefully sooner rather than later, we'll also have one for covid-19.

I think this is great news.  

For the people who are concerned about it, I say take heart in knowing that cruise passengers and crew will likely be heavily monitored, and if they do cause an outbreak, that will be responded to quickly. JMO, based on their recent Level 3 warning, it seems the CDC is not thrilled about this, and will probably be watching very closely.  One significant outbreak will probably get the ban back, so cruise lines are going to be very vigilant about protocols and passenger behavior. Covid mitigation strategies will be strict and will not be handled like a shorts in the dining room or a chair hogging violation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, macandlucy said:

I think this is great news.  

My initial reaction was the same- great news!! 

After a skim Of the Conditions to return, I thought “good news”

After reading the entire 40 page document (twice) I’m very sad. The requirements the cdc have laid out seem nearly impossible to meet- or keep.

I’m sad. I think these condition make cruising less likely to resume quickly w/any sense of normality. 

i sure would like to read the “technical” document that is referenced multiple times.

Hopefully I’m wrong 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

6 months from now will not be a better time, a year ... still not,  we have to at some point move on with life and just like other viruses around, learn to live with it. 

Seaman is of course correct.  If we don't get a vaccine the vast majority of the population (US/Europe) will demand a return to a reasonably normal life.  A life that will of course require sensible precautions, but a life which will not tolerate the continuing closure of businesses that provide people with their outlet and freedoms.  Hopefully the upcoming vaccines with 30% efficacy will sort things, but if they don't, most will demand return to normality, even if that means vulnerable/elderly need to take further precautions.  Human nature.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

My initial reaction was the same- great news!! 

After a skim Of the Conditions to return, I thought “good news”

After reading the entire 40 page document (twice) I’m very sad. The requirements the cdc have laid out seem nearly impossible to meet- or keep.

I’m sad. I think these condition make cruising less likely to resume quickly w/any sense of normality. 

i sure would like to read the “technical” document that is referenced multiple times.

Hopefully I’m wrong 

No , I dont think its impossible to do to start this thing back up, they either do it or fold.  im sure they have been eager for the chance to get this thing going. 

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

No , I dont think its impossible to do to start this thing back up, they either do it or fold.  im sure they have been eager for the chance to get this thing going. 

have you read the entire document? What are your thoughts on the “noNcommercial” transportation requirement if covid is detected? What about the 60 day waiting period to test crew? 

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

have you read the entire document? What are your thoughts on the “noNcommercial” transportation requirement if covid is detected? What about the 60 day waiting period to test crew? 

i did download and read the pdf, im not seeing were it says 60 day waiting period after submitting the request . 

I saw 30 days prior notice.    

its going to take some time, im not saying they can start up in a few weeks, but this is good news and a plan to get going. 

Edited by seaman11

2 hours ago, FLSteve11 said:

This map of the Caribbean shows which islands are open for U.S. tourism. Updated regularly with new information.

Most of the Caribbean is,  or will soon be,  open to US tourists.   So there is no large limitation there.   This isn't specific to cruising, and there are some guidelines to much of them,   but they're not turning people away for the most part.   

What is the source for this map?

7 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Seaman is of course correct.  If we don't get a vaccine the vast majority of the population (US/Europe) will demand a return to a reasonably normal life.  A life that will of course require sensible precautions, but a life which will not tolerate the continuing closure of businesses that provide people with their outlet and freedoms.  Hopefully the upcoming vaccines with 30% efficacy will sort things, but if they don't, most will demand return to normality, even if that means vulnerable/elderly need to take further precautions.  Human nature.

The "vast" majority will most definitely not demand a return to a reasonably normal life without a vaccine. The majority of Americans are in a risk group and the vast majority closely associated with one of more people in a high risk group under normal cirvumstances. Sure there are the selfish that care only for their comfort. Happily they do not constitute the vast majority.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i did download and read the pdf, im not seeing were it says 60 day waiting period after submitting the request . 

I saw 30 days prior notice.    

its going to take some time, im not saying they can start up in a few weeks, but this is good news and a plan to get going. 

They have to do the test cruises then apply for the Certificate. Probably early January at best. All that could change Nov 3rd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

They have to do the test cruises then apply for the Certificate. Probably early January at best. All that could change Nov 3rd.

That is fine as long as the picture is clearer that they can eventually start.  If they just extended the ban then the lines and pax are still in the dark.   This is great news 

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

That is fine as long as the picture is clearer that they can eventually start.  If they just extended the ban then the lines and pax are still in the dark.   This is great news 

I think expecting cruising to resume before a safe and effective vaccine is available is fantasy. Best case for general vaccine availability is fall / winter 2021. 

Constantly pushing more optimistic time frames then having to adjust just leads to frustration and a growing lack of trust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, broberts said:

I think expecting cruising to resume before a safe and effective vaccine is available is fantasy. Best case for general vaccine availability is fall / winter 2021. 

Constantly pushing more optimistic time frames then having to adjust just leads to frustration and a growing lack of trust.

I doubt it, that could take a year or more. And not even work. 

We spent all our vacation money on house projects so I’ll see everyone sometime late 2021 or 2022. Maybe 2023 if we start our family. Best wishes to everyone wanting to cruise soon and to those not ready yet. My hope is that cruising will still be around when I can finally go and that I can finally afford a Haven suite. 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 1

5 hours ago, macandlucy said:

. JMO, based on their recent Level 3 warning, it seems the CDC is not thrilled about this, and will probably be watching very closely. 

The Level 3 warning was issued in March. Been around for a while with a few tweaks for currency. 

14 hours ago, seaman11 said:

The curse has been lifted 

3nno5k.gif

I agree with Seaman that the lift on the ban is good news. They have to start somewhere. I did read that it will be a phased start up beginning with just crew, but at least they can start staffing the ships. Now I feel hopeful that I will be able to go on my cruise to Bermuda in the spring 🥂🤩 One can be hopeful and realistic at the same time.

• Like 1

I swore to myself that I wouldn't book another cruise after I cancelled my January 2021 one and saw that ships were actually sailing.  But I saw a really great price on a Princess 14 day cruise in November 2021 so I booked it with two fcds I had.  Now I'm wondering if this will even go because they stated only 7 day cruises.