Carnival Corporation isn't messing around

10 hours ago, fyree39 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/violated-protocols-cruiser-carnival-corp-133310061.html

It happened again, this time with a passenger on AIDA who left and excursion and went out on his own. A Carnival spokesperson mentioned how the corporation is handling cruising in the world of Covid.

Good

1 hour ago, strickerj said:

Only denied boarding? From the thread title I thought maybe he got keelhauled or walked the plank. 🙂

This started on the Carnival board and was moved 3.7 seconds later to this board. Lots of Carnival cruisers are pushing back on the ship-only excursion requirement and I was posting to show the corporation is currently taking a stance of zero-tolerance on its Covid-era restrictions. If an American is denied boarding in Cozumel or Freeport or Key West or wherever, I'm looking forward to the reaction on Cruise Critic. So many American cruisers seem to believe these restrictions aren't going to be mandated for US sailings. I'm not saying a majority, I'm saying a very vocal CC minority. I thought this article and in particular the quote by Roger Frizzell was an indication of things to come. It further says that Arnold Donald and Carnival Corporation is looking at current Europe cruises to see how to move forward with sailings out of the U.S. If kicking off passengers who ignore mandates works in changing cruisers' behavior in European sailings, maybe they'll stick with those measures when cruising comes here.

Edited by fyree39
8 minutes ago, strickerj said:

Ah, that makes sense then. I would expect the same here - the airlines have taken a similar stance on masks.

Love your avatar btw - we have a longhair kitty that looks just like that.

That's Fluffy. He's my old man who sleeps on my pillow above my head every night.

Just now, fyree39 said:

That's Fluffy. He's my old man who sleeps on my pillow above my head every night.

Aww. Mine's name is Charlie. I get him in my lap every morning while I'm working (from home), and our other cat poking me in the face every night in bed. That's if the dog decides to even let me into my side of the bed. 🙂