Billion Pound Cruise, UK TV show on More 4

kernow

Just wondered if any other UK cruisers watched this last night and felt even more desperate to return to a ship:classic_smile:. It was lovely to be reminded of cruising in 'normal' times but left me feeling so sorry for all of the staff (onboard and portside) who must be currently without jobs.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Just wondered if any other UK cruisers watched this last night and felt even more desperate to return to a ship:classic_smile:. It was lovely to be reminded of cruising in 'normal' times but left me feeling so sorry for all of the staff (onboard and portside) who must be currently without jobs.

Hi Julie.

We watched it last night and wished we were on Symphony too.

It is so sad how this virus has affected so many people.

Graham.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I feel sorry for all the people in North America who have lost their jobs and are about to lose their jobs, it's a worldwide problem. 

Yes, really sad for everyone but seeing all the staff and remembering all the ones who have helped us in the past just made it feel a bit more personal somehow. At least there is some support for those affected in our countries, I'm sure many of the waiters, cabin stewards etc must be really struggling. Lets hope they can get back to work before too much longer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes, really sad for everyone but seeing all the staff and remembering all the ones who have helped us in the past just made it feel a bit more personal somehow. At least there is some support for those affected in our countries, I'm sure many of the waiters, cabin stewards etc must be really struggling. Lets hope they can get back to work before too much longer.

+1

This sounds similar to "Mighty Cruise Ships" on the Smithsonian Channel. I think they originate out of Canada because they have already aired season 3 which included Symphony of the Seas. Not sure when we in the states are going to see them. I've watched the first two seasons and they are very well done.

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Any way to view this here in US....BBCAmerica?

It's on More4 which is part of channel 4 here in the UK. Seems to have been made by them for the British market as it featured several British crew members and passengers. Can you stream Channel 4 in the US? 

5 minutes ago, kernow said:

It's on More4 which is part of channel 4 here in the UK. Seems to have been made by them for the British market as it featured several British crew members and passengers. Can you stream Channel 4 in the US? 

It was filmed in late 2019 by James Corden's company, Fulwell 73...

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Any way to view this here in US....BBCAmerica?

Watching it using a VPN having registered with a random UK address. 

Apologies in advance if you live at 123 Somewhere St in Glasgow.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1