Anybody Booked on a Future Cruise Where the Ship Changed?

cjdixon4

I'm booked on a 2022 sailing out of San Juan, the original ship was the Freedom.  As of this week, Freedom has been redeployed to Miami and replaced by Explorer.  My cabin location is almost the same (just one deck difference, from deck 8 to 7), but I never received an email regarding the change.  Anyone else had that occur?

9 minutes ago, cjdixon4 said:

I'm booked on a 2022 sailing out of San Juan, the original ship was the Freedom.  As of this week, Freedom has been redeployed to Miami and replaced by Explorer.  My cabin location is almost the same (just one deck difference, from deck 8 to 7), but I never received an email regarding the change.  Anyone else had that occur?

Our Adventure changed to Jewel and we never received the e mail

Yes, our Freedom changed to Explorer out of San Juan.  We received a call and an email yesterday.  Still unsure on ports and no cabin number.  Undecided on what to do, but must make decision for full refund if canceling by 10/30.  We did this cruise two years ago on Freedom and loved it, but it's the ports that really made the trip, not the ship.

• Like 2

My jewel changed to liberty, never got a email. 

My allure changed to liberty, I did get a email I think, cant remember.

Still dont know where those are now going. One at a time... someone wrote yesterday first time they ever booked a cruise not knowing where it was going anymore. I can relate.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

The pandemic has led to a lot of changes that are unprecedented. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  Also because this particular sailing is so far out, I wouldn't be surprised if there are additional changes coming. I'm preparing myself for anything.

My Freedom B2B March 20 & March 27 changed to Explorer too.

I did get two emails the day it was announced.

I called and was told the sailing date same and same itinerary.

Said they were working on cabin assignments and I would get an email confirmation.

That my cabin (OS) location/category would be same..just a different number.

My cruises are not showing on their website still as of today.

Some said to go onto RCI account but it's still showing Freedom.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed everything they told me is correct

However they did say the $100 OBC would be pp but many on this board

have said no it's per cabin...so...there's the first bit of wrong info !

53 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I had three bookings change ships.  Got e-mails regarding them.  No OBC was given for any of them.

I wasnt offered any obc either and I think it was a step down from allure to liberty. It was take it or ,leave it.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wasnt offered any obc either and I think it was a step down from allure to liberty. It was take it or ,leave it.

That's one giant step down!  You definitely should have gotten some OBC.  Two of mine were steps up from Brilliance to Independence and one a lateral from Explorer to Mariner.

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

I had three bookings change ships.  Got e-mails regarding them.  No OBC was given for any of them.

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry you weren't but several of us have recently on ship changes..I guess this varies.

Agent got email , TP on Radiance changed with Quantum lost 2 days and two ports Hawaii to Brisbane no OBC and no cabins yet 😕

We are reaching out to you with an update from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines regarding your Radiance of the Seas, Transpacific voyage in September 2021.

They have today announced that they will be replacing Radiance of the Seas Brisbane deployment with one of their newest and most innovative ships, the Quantum of the Seas.  We are really pleased to advise that they are still operating a Honolulu to Brisbane  sailing in October 2021.

Royal Caribbean will give you the option to move over to the new sailing, which will enable you to experience this incredible ship, whilst still returning to Brisbane.

The new sailing departs Honolulu on the 14th October 2021 , and arrives into Brisbane on the 30th October 2021,  please see below map for itinerary:

0?ui=2&ik=4dd1624b77&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1681230965894036988&th=1754eea7eb803dfc&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-f9np5akoPbqiDjcqXAg8ax8VQ5ZkbKt6YC3RjOw9lPnJJmhTZ1-AkEFJz8LqE-p1TCHP0Nkql-9dsEUQ9-3tWzh_QMqM50eJra8raVLx2ZPBmVYBG3Es2t9M&disp=emb

If you are happy to proceed with the ship change and above itinerary, please let us know via email and we can facilitate this for you.  

Alternatively if you are unable to travel in October 2021, we can also approach Royal Caribbean to move you across to the Ovation of the Seas Honolulu to Sydney departing 28th September 2021 or alternatively a sailing in April 2022 from Brisbane back to Honolulu.

For more details on the ship, please refer to this link   https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruise-ships/quantum-of-the-seas

Due to the high volume of passengers affected by this change we request that you please reply to this email confirming your preference (including your booking number IG /MYC).  

Should you have any questions or concerns with the above change, please do not hesitate to contact us via return email (including your booking number IG /MYC) or call our office on

Please note we are expecting higher than normal call volumes, therefore email communication is preferred.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, however we are hopeful the Quantum of the Seas will certainly enhance your transpacific voyage experience.

Yours in travel

48 minutes ago, lovelife said:

That's one giant step down!  You definitely should have gotten some OBC.  Two of mine were steps up from Brilliance to Independence and one a lateral from Explorer to Mariner.

Roysl didn’t start offering the OBC until more recently for ships that were being moved.  In the case of the Liberty sailings no OBC was offered. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:52 PM, cjdixon4 said:

Technically we were never notified by RCI when our 2021 Explorer trip next December was cancelled/shifted to the Radiance.  RCI told our TA, and the TA notified us.

Edited by NthernLgts

On 10/24/2020 at 12:52 PM, cjdixon4 said:

I had this happen to me the week of thanksgiving 2021. I had 2 cabins, an aft balcony and an ocean view, right across the hall. I received a side balcony with an ocean view on a different deck. Not even close to comparable cabins. I canceled, got my money back. 

Still nothing from RCI over the phone or an email for my change from Freedom to Explorer March 2022.

However I was able to see on my account the change and my cabin assignment and one port change.

They said they were still working on these ship changes and I could call back on Monday....so it seems

like they aren't holding firm to the Oct 30th respond by date.

31 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Still nothing from RCI over the phone or an email for my change from Freedom to Explorer March 2022.

However I was able to see on my account the change and my cabin assignment and one port change.

They said they were still working on these ship changes and I could call back on Monday....so it seems

like they aren't holding firm to the Oct 30th respond by date.

My parents haven't yet rec'd notification of our Explorer to Radiance shift.
They proactively called in and the agent told them there was "probably" a second wave of bookings that hadn't even been looked at yet.

My suspicion is they're hoping they have enough cancellations with the first set of movements to transition everyone left over........ or they'll start bumping reservations.

What a gong show. 

Edited by NateUpNorth

5 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

My parents haven't yet rec'd notification of our Explorer to Radiance shift.
They proactively called in and the agent told them there was "probably" a second wave of bookings that hadn't even been looked at yet.

My suspicion is they're hoping they have enough cancellations with the first set of movements to transition everyone left over........ or they'll start bumping reservations.

What a gong show. 

I should clarify I did (almost immediately when it was announced) get two emails (B2B) for the change to Explorer....but nothing since.

Luckily I don't think going from Freedom to Explorer there will be many cancellations and category worries, but for your parents going from Explorer to Radiance....that would also have me worried....especially with the lack of certain category cabins.

Best of luck to them.

We had an A1 on Allure booked out of Galveston for 2022 and when that was cancelled they just put us on Liberty in a suite but not even close to the price we paid.  Called and talked to enough people that they changed Liberty to an A1 on Symphony.  But we got the e-mail with the cancellation and new room at the same time.  Any suite on Liberty is not an A1.

• Like 2

We were in a GS for the transpacific from Honolulu to Sydney on Quantum in October 2021. They have changed that ship to finish in Brisbane and sail from there for the season instead of Sydney. All of us on the transpacific were given no option to change to the cruise finishing in Brisbane. It was too late to try and get a GS on Ovation because these had been on sale for a while and all these rooms were long gone. None of us that had planned trips on Quantum out of Sydney were given a choice, just straight out cancelled and none of us are happy about it.

• Thanks 1