Jump to content

Royal Downgraded Food 2008 - 2020


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You look to be enjoying yourself. I went there once with a friend but italian not my thing, but most love it. I'm hoping for some asian or indian. We all know there is enjoyable food, but ms bee probably didnt try any for pay restaurants. 

It really isn't necessary to pay extra to find enjoyable food on RCI.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

Fake, Seriously?? NO - it is just that bad!! And yes, big thanks to TravelTouristVideos for showing everything AS IS!!

 

 

Funny these people don't seem to have any issues with the food. The girl says it's good many times. Bee must not have watched it. Now she's looking foolish for posting something that goes against her slop crusade.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It really isn't necessary to oay extra to find enjoyable food on RCI.

I agree. We haven't eaten at a pay for food place on a cruise. Id rather pay for a nice restaurant at home.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It really isn't necessary to pay extra to find enjoyable food on RCI.

Of course not unless the person has a personal agenda she wants to push and keeping pushing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can only dream of the day that everyone continues to take their medication as prescribed by their Dr.

 

You know what?? I was given Xanax and QUIT!! And yes, I felt like a robot and started hallucinating late at night. Now I just go with however I'm feeling instead of fighting it - and yes it helps feeling the highs and lows kinda in 3rd person!!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Funny these people don't seem to have any issues with the food. The girl says it's good many times. Bee must not have watched it. Now she's looking foolish for posting something that goes against her slop crusade.

She probably watched it but is incapable and not equipped to understand any of it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It really isn't necessary to pay extra to find enjoyable food on RCI.

Yes but a little is ok too.

 

Oasis had free oriental place for dinner but it's gone, and the italian has been renamed and I'm sure a different menu. The steak and salad at dinner in the buffet was ok with me and watermelon if its ripe. There used to be indian table in the buffet for lunch and on oasis in particular I enjoyed city park which is free and the what's it called opposite end from Windjammer, healthy food was there. 

 

I never went hungry. I fill up on salds. ..that someone else fixed. I was just suggesting ms bee try some for pay since she is so convinced the WJ food is terrible. There has gotta be something she likes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Windjammer is so disgusting why is it that it is becoming more crowded in there for dinner as the years go on? I don't really care what anyone thinks about the food in there. It suits me fine. And that really is all that matters to me.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If the Windjammer is so disgusting why is it that it is becoming more crowded in there for dinner as the years go on? I don't really care what anyone thinks about the food in there. It suits me fine. And that really is all that matters to me.

 

Between my 1st and 2nd cruise - long wait times and lukewarm food. And yes I don't think it was perfect in 2008 because I've become pickier, but yeah those two things seriously annoyed us the most!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree. We haven't eaten at a pay for food place on a cruise. Id rather pay for a nice restaurant at home.

I've eaten at a few, and chops had bad lobster. Ok sometimes it's not perfect. Life goes on. Next time will be better. I was full anyway. Is anything in life always perfect. Lol next time at chops I'll just order the steak which was wonderful. ..and I'm not usually a big steak eater, but theirs is really good.

 

I'd rather get a cheap cabin and splurge a little on food. Some like to drink. I like to eat. Something for everyone. ...just hope there is a next time. I'm so ready to vacation. Hope cruises start this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If the Windjammer is so disgusting why is it that it is becoming more crowded in there for dinner as the years go on? I don't really care what anyone thinks about the food in there. It suits me fine. And that really is all that matters to me.

The salad bar is always good with lot of fresh fruits and many other healthy choices.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

Between my 1st and 2nd cruise - long wait times and lukewarm food. And yes I don't think it was perfect in 2008 because I've become pickier, but yeah those two things seriously annoyed us the most!

Your comments are all based on a cruise you took 13 years ago???😏

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Giovanni's on RCG Independence of the seas.

Screenshot_20210113_221845_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210113_222327_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

 

I feel like maybe we missed out not trying some of the specialty dining but also, typically, the most options will be available on the bigger ships!! That seriously looks good, thanks for sharing!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

Between my 1st and 2nd cruise - long wait times and lukewarm food. And yes I don't think it was perfect in 2008 because I've become pickier, but yeah those two things seriously annoyed us the most!

I think lines are common to larger and larger family oriented ships. Now that's something we agree on. I avoid drawing, free drink get togethers of past guests etc. But I do go to the shows. 

 

The dive show on oasis for instance lots of waiting. Smaller ships equal larger prices. 

 

Maybe try celebrity? For what you get it might suit you better. Everything, even tips included.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think lines are common to larger and larger family oriented ships. Now that's something we agree on. I avoid drawing, free drink get togethers of past guests etc. But I do go to the shows. 

 

The dive show on oasis for instance lots of waiting. Smaller ships equal larger prices. 

 

Maybe try celebrity? For what you get it might suit you better. Everything, even tips included.

 

That's a great idea and I really do need to give up on finding the PERFECT line;). Seriously, we won't be able to afford Azamara and DH will be bored anyways. But yes, Celebrity has new features and yummy looking food!!

 

 

Edited by Beeline Cruiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

She probably watched it but is incapable and not equipped to understand any of it. 

So true.

 

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes but a little is ok too.

 

Oasis had free oriental place for dinner but it's gone, and the italian has been renamed and I'm sure a different menu. The steak and salad at dinner in the buffet was ok with me and watermelon if its ripe. There used to be indian table in the buffet for lunch and on oasis in particular I enjoyed city park which is free and the what's it called opposite end from Windjammer, healthy food was there. 

 

I never went hungry. I fill up on salds. ..that someone else fixed. I was just suggesting ms bee try some for pay since she is so convinced the WJ food is terrible. There has gotta be something she likes.

I'm sure she finds plenty that she likes. She isn't happy if she's not complaining. Just her mentalitym

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

Between my 1st and 2nd cruise - long wait times and lukewarm food. And yes I don't think it was perfect in 2008 because I've become pickier, but yeah those two things seriously annoyed us the most!

I have never experience long wait time for dinner in the Windjammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

The salad bar is always good with lot of fresh fruits and many other healthy choices.

 

I've found Royal's salad bar outstanding. If they are grilling chicken (sometimes shrimp if it's a stir fry night) it's easy to add protein to a salad. I have to admit that I find their salad dressings to be flavorless so I stick with oil & vinegar.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

It doesn't really seem like you are all that into cruising anyway.

 

I had moved on to short road trips after my divorce - but those dang things don't take you to EXOTIC BEACHES or PAMPER like a cruise!! But yes it is smart to work on your DH - even if he needs warming up to trying it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

Between my 1st and 2nd cruise - long wait times and lukewarm food. And yes I don't think it was perfect in 2008 because I've become pickier, but yeah those two things seriously annoyed us the most!

 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've eaten at a few, and chops had bad lobster. Ok sometimes it's not perfect. Life goes on. Next time will be better. I was full anyway. Is anything in life always perfect. Lol next time at chops I'll just order the steak which was wonderful. ..and I'm not usually a big steak eater, but theirs is really good.

 

I'd rather get a cheap cabin and splurge a little on food. Some like to drink. I like to eat. Something for everyone. ...just hope there is a next time. I'm so ready to vacation. Hope cruises start this year.

I wasn't saying that others shouldn't eat there. I have no problem if they do and many like the restaurants. All I was saying is that I would rather pay for a nice restaurant at home at another time and not on a ship. I'm fine with the cruise food. That's just what we do. 

 

I'm with you on the vacation. We are desperate to have one especially a cruise. So happy there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...