Royal Downgraded Food 2008 - 2020

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely choose the pony.  However, since my choices are not so limited... I would choose a Mini 18 years ago... wow.... long time.  Or a Gladiator...Rubicon... loving it.  Might have to get rid of the Mini...White dog likes the Mini, as he has the whole back to look out of, but the Gladiator is bigger and badder.

My mid life crisis was an FJ40 the first year they came out. It was badass for a straight six

Voodoo Blue Beast

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, my MINI, I bought when they reintroduced it.  It was built in England... I love the entire world of English engineering... F1.... Sir John Cooper.  I am not from there.  Never lived there.  

You see a picture and assume so much... and it just proves how toolish you are.

Just sayin

Isn't she half German?

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, I have seen crappy slop in the Jammer.

Right?? See you CAN still love RCL and call a spade a spade!! And yes it is people willing to call it out that holds the line!! Everyone wants to grab their pitchforks for the ones trying to help!

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Big fan of stir fry stations in Jammer

We are too. I like being able to choose what to put in. We like it spicy (it's not hot enough unless you sweat) so it's nice to be able to do that.

I personally don't think the curries and Indian food look good but sure is some good eating.

The only thing I had trouble with was on one cruise the staff in the jammer kept putting the tartar sauce on a warming burner.

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No, I'm not helping. Remember Mac n Cheese.

I can agree that some food is crap, but disagree with your delusion. That is the basic problem with your assesment. You find a couple sucky things and declare its all bad.

Move on, its over

SERIOUSLY 

You know what?? It's bad when the Mac n Cheese fan thinks some is crap!! And yes it is ok to like mac n cheese but it shouldn't be an upcharge at CHOPS! Seriously, what cruise line has Mac n Cheese in the steakhouse??

NO, SERIOUSLY!! Its over when Fain makes it over - and yes I'll be super excited for 2021 if we put the pressure on!!

FIRST PAGE of RCL reviews:

"The food was, well, this isn't the vacation if you are a foodie. One night in the MDR, the options were so unappealing, we ordered a few appetizers and went to the buffet. We had 5 meals at specialty restaurants. At Sabor Mexican, I expected greatness, but it seemed to be the prepared quality of Taco Bell. We tried Chops twice, amazing service, but the food was equal to Applebees."  DanCait

"Also dining room was not friendly and they tried to dance around but they didn't look into it and it was just awkward. Staff didn't look excited to be there.  We ate breakfast once in the dining room and it was cold and horrible. Hash was not even cooked it looked like spam from a can."  gifontana

"First cruise ever where restaurant service was awful (begging for drink refills, long waits for food, unable to get bar service), ship is a bit dated and found things broken or missing (no shampoo dispenser in one cabin), and duplicate & incorrect bar and onboard charges"  FLtravelmom3

"Menu choices in the main dining room - for 3 nights straight the chicken & steak dishes were EXACTLY THE SAME... Not slightly varied - it was the same thing 3 nights in a row. Meat & 3 veg. They mixed up the pasta, but I warily saw some people return theirs so I didn't feel like trying." craigbro159

"The food onboard was very mixed. Windjammer food was pretty average, the food was often lukewarm and the quality went downhill towards the end of the cruise." CarolineK

" Food is lukewarm .... you just don’t ever get a hot meal. Long waits for restaurant bookings are common ....If you are paying top dollar, but getting a wow factor experience with food and service, then it’s justified, but this is c-grade experience at a-grade prices." 06012020

"We did MyTime dining and our experience was mixed. On the first few days, the queues for dinner were ridiculous even though we had booked a time. Carnival do this much better than RCI." jessica3152

"We found the food on board to be disappointing. " terrid1

7 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Fake, Seriously?? NO - it is just that bad!! And yes, big thanks to TravelTouristVideos for showing everything AS IS!!

"AS IS"?  Sure looks pretty good to me!  Thing is, there is something for everybody.  If something doesn't look appealing to you,  move along and I'm sure you'll find something else that'll suit your tastebud.  There is a stir-fry station or on some nights a pasta station where you customize your dish by choosing whatever ingredients you want in it.  Freshly made just for you- nice and hot!  But everything else looks fantastic in the video which makes me miss cruising a lot!

• Like 1

What about the desserts on RC? The ones at lunch mostly seem the same and not very tasty. They have squares of cake with something in the middle and on top of them. Cool whip maybe? They all seem to be a like except for having different flavors. I like the cookies. 🍪🍪🍪

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What about the desserts on RC? The ones at lunch mostly seem the same and not very tasty. They have squares of cake with something in the middle and on top of them. Cool whip maybe? They all seem to be a like except for having different flavors. I like the cookies. 🍪🍪🍪

Right?? Empty tasting AND empty calories enriched wheat flour crap!!

1 minute ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Right?? Empty tasting AND empty calories enriched wheat flour crap!!

That I will agree with you on. They do have some pretty decent ones, but I think those are mostly at dinner time and usually in the MDR. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

RCI really falls flat on desserts. They usually look better than they taste. Fortunately, I am not big into sweets and if I do want sonething then ice cream is ususlly available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

You know what?? It's bad when the Mac n Cheese fan thinks some is crap!! And yes it is ok to like mac n cheese but it shouldn't be an upcharge at CHOPS! Seriously, what cruise line has Mac n Cheese in the steakhouse??

NO, SERIOUSLY!! Its over when Fain makes it over - and yes I'll be super excited for 2021 if we put the pressure on!!

FIRST PAGE of RCL reviews:

Umm, it's not an upcharge at Chops, it's part of the std menu because its popular. As @Milwaukee Eight says, choice is good.

And its not bad because I think a few things are crap. That's life. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI really falls flat on desserts. They usually look better than they taste. Fortunately, I am not big into sweets and if I do want sonething then ice cream is ususlly available.

Crepes on Symphony are spectacular 

Up in Jammer, next to Oriental station

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Did it have the heated/cooled headrests?

Yes. I think it had just about everything except the largest engine. The seats even moved when cornering. I think it had speakers in the head rest and the lights were adaptive. 

I like the ride and storage space on my GLE. Her Porsche Cayenne is too much of a sport ride for me. Her previous 911was just flat uncomfortable for me. Felt like my butt was on the ground and dragging. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

My 50th birthday is coming up this summer. We were supposed to be celebrating on Jewel in the British Isles. I'm thinking I need to buy myself a fun car instead!

Fun cars last longer than cruises. 😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Nobody does if you can find seating! I meant the MDR is the problem now so people head to the Windjammer!!

You were talking about windjammer during dinner. Every time I’ve gone in during dinner its empty.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Back to mac & cheese and Windjammer slop.....

Some times I really like the WJ, other times it's just okay. I guess it depends on the ship or time of day.

But I always like Mac and Cheese.

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Back to mac & cheese and Windjammer slop.....

Sounds good to me and a side order of a cheeseburger. 😉 I sometimes order the M&C from the kids menu in the MDR. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1