Royal Downgraded Food 2008 - 2020

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think I know how the Barista met the ex-husband. It was on FB.

She was trying to friend me on FB to move up the ladder. It appears that if the tongue is pierced, it must be further back. Her name has been blanked out to protect her identity.😉

As you can see, I did not friend her.  However, one can see why he might have wanted the frothing somewhere other than home. 🤷‍♂️

C99C5500-8646-46D6-9444-0EB139981505.thumb.jpeg.f609752670f559178aedeea817cb38ff.jpeg

It's easy to see why ex dumped the wacko. 

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This is my first time making it. Seemed like something fun to do. Hopefully it'll taste good also.

I think I'm on batch 5. 22 bottles in fridge, we've drank 2 or 3 so far. The Everclear batch was the only disappointing one.  I'm hoping it mellows with age

On 12/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, mek said:

I love Lemoncello -  the best I ever had was on a tour along the Amalfi coast.  We made numerous stops along the way and the locals would bring out their coolers with their homemade brew.  It was delish!

I've never made my own - I think I'll give it a try.

It originated in the Naples area. They have unique Lemons.

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think I'm on batch 5. 22 bottles in fridge, we've drank 2 or 3 so far. The Everclear batch was the only disappointing one.  I'm hoping it mellows with age

Is the Everclear to strong from alcohol?

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is the Everclear to strong from alcohol?

No, i added filtered water to the lemon infused mixture and it clouded up more than I expected. It just has an odd aftertaste.

It definitely produced the most oil.

We are handing it out next week, I think

Edited by John&LaLa
22 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think I know how the Barista met the ex-husband. It was on FB.

She was trying to friend me on FB to move up the ladder. It appears that if the tongue is pierced, it must be further back. Her name has been blanked out to protect her identity.😉

As you can see, I did not friend her.  However, one can see why he might have wanted the frothing somewhere other than home. 🤷‍♂️

C99C5500-8646-46D6-9444-0EB139981505.thumb.jpeg.f609752670f559178aedeea817cb38ff.jpeg

A&L, seriously, I'm like OMG I'M WTH are these girls doing?? But at the same time, it must be working to make them homewreckers, right? it absolutely makes sense and I am not happy if they met this way on FB! And yes remembering the good times when my boys were young is healing for me even he tries to start a 3rd family brings tears!!

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No, i added filtered water to the lemon infused mixture and it clouded up more than I expected. It just has an odd aftertaste.

It definitely produced the most oil.

We are handing it out next week, I think

All of the limoncello I've had is cloudy - how do you determine if it gets to the too cloudy stage?  I'm just going to use some Absolut vodka that I already have, so guess I just need the lemons.

12 minutes ago, mek said:

All of the limoncello I've had is cloudy - how do you determine if it gets to the too cloudy stage?  I'm just going to use some Absolut vodka that I already have, so guess I just need the lemons.

I got a huge disparity with the Everclear batch

20201206_083749.thumb.jpg.9f84714a5c25f0513f1b5210bac2f51d.jpg

Mixing oil and water creates something called louche effect. The alcohol pulls the oil from the skins. Stronger alcohol pulls it out faster. 

Basically all vodka starts at around 190 proof and the cut it with water to make it drinkable.

We've been discussing Limoncello for a few months in Floataway Lounge, Friends of Bella thread

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I got a huge disparity with the Everclear batch

20201206_083749.thumb.jpg.9f84714a5c25f0513f1b5210bac2f51d.jpg

Mixing oil and water creates something called louche effect. The alcohol pulls the oil from the skins. Stronger alcohol pulls it out faster. 

Basically all vodka starts at around 190 proof and the cut it with water to make it drinkable.

We've been discussing Limoncello for a few months in Floataway Lounge, Friends of Bella thread

Think I'll head down there.  I think this thread has run it's course - time to move on.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

McRib

Yes, it's processed crap, but I like it 

20201206_121056.jpg

omg, it looks sooo delicious! Especially the onion. I love onion so much, I always ask to put some extra onion when I go to subway or order a burger on MC or BK. In any case - GOOD APPETITE my friend! 

On 10/25/2020 at 5:21 AM, Biker19 said:

Not sure the OP is willing to pay $500 pppd rates to get that though.

Yep. There's always that.   The "I want to pay bargain basement prices and get top of the line food. I want to pay for Golden Corral and get Ruth Chris."  LOL  

On 10/25/2020 at 6:39 PM, George C said:

I have eaten in some of the better restaurants in NYC and they are way better than anything in rccl ,I did like 150cp but thought coastal kitchen was on par with a decent chili’s restaurant.

I don't think there is a decent Chili's restaurant.  Where on earth did you find such a place?  LOL  Every time I have ever gone to Chili's, I have spent at least the next two days becoming intimately acquainted with the porcelain gods.  

On 10/26/2020 at 12:59 AM, grandgeezer said:

About that time the “free drink packages” were introduced and now half the people can’t really taste the food completely anyway. 

That's very much the case with some of our neighbors. LOL  For them, it's just geography. They do the same thing on a cruise they do at home.  They have never taken an excursion to see anything of interest. As far as they get when they disembark in port is the whatever commercialized bar is at the pier  (think Senor Frogs). If they drink in a different country, they consider they experienced the culture.  For goodness sakes, you can at least try to keep it interesting and drink something typical of that country or that island-  Go to Bahamas- have some Kalik.   Go to Jamaica- have some rum or some Red Stripe. Drink some tequila in Mexico.  LOL

Drink all night, stumble to bed, sleep half the morning, wake up and have a mimosa, drink the rest of the day and night. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.    I doubt they taste much of anything besides alcohol.  They definitely "get their money's worth" from the "free" drink package. 

They probably couldn't even tell you the name of any restaurant on any ship on which they have cruised.   

2 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

I don't think there is a decent Chili's restaurant.  Where on earth did you find such a place?  LOL  Every time I have ever gone to Chili's, I have spent at least the next two days becoming intimately acquainted with the porcelain gods.  

Actually I think chillies started here in dallas in the early 70s and was a favorite place a bunch of us from Ross Perry's eds hung out at. Its changed after it became a chain, imo

On 11/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, Beeline Cruiser said:

I have a small update, and I'm the glad the soon to be ex wife keeps me in the loop!! The barista took him to meet her family and tell the news. The magic of holiday didn't help things and her father kicked him out!! Such a hard season because they just found out she had moved in her boyfriend! Glad karma could bring some magic!

Thank you for the update, and Happy Holidays to you, your husband, kids, ex husband, his second wife, her kids, the barista, her baby, her parents, her boyfriend, and your mother in law.  Wishing the entire cast the all the best.

Did you get your kids back home?

On 11/30/2020 at 2:29 AM, Beeline Cruiser said:

Seriously, is that what you would expect from a Beattles BEST OF?? New cruisers need to know the SLOP everyone puts up on here!! I feel like, all the food dreaming the last few days - none were from THE SHIP!!

I was thinking the other day, how much you remind me of the Beatles. Are using "slop" to refer to the food on Royal, or the posts on here, or both? 

On 12/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, Beeline Cruiser said:

I feel like we'll have more holiday spirit if we avoid RCL + FOOD topic - Seriously not until Jan 1st we'll see if there's NEW YEARS RESOLUTION for healing!!

Well... This is the RCL Forum, and the Thread topic is Food Downgraded, so it may be hard to steer out of this skid. 

On 12/1/2020 at 2:46 AM, Beeline Cruiser said:

Seriously?? I feel like I went the EXTRA MILE showing photo evidence plus my and other ex loyal to Royals experience - EVEN newbie reviews and you don't get to make the call!! I am quitting the RCL foodie topic until NEW YEARS! For really reals, which photo was photoshopped?? If you can't get into the holiday spirit I'm not happy about that but NOT MY FAULT!!

I don't know what else you could have done.  Concise posts stating your case?  Check.  Photos showing why you feel the way you do? Check.  Reasonably answering questions from others? Check.  Staying on point by not introducing other things? Check.  

On 12/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, Beeline Cruiser said:

Hey, if they're like my ex husband, they'll just pull out their credit card information to her . . .😂

I guess since she gets around maybe someone on here already knows the answers and... feels the burns from one of those "cappuccinos" right now.  BWAHAHAHAHA

Huh?

On 12/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, Beeline Cruiser said:

It's pretty weird if you are TOO CLOSE to the forest to see the trees, seriously. If you look at the newest CC reviews it is a fresh take scientifically. I'm being very restrained for 31 days, PROMISE!! Maybe Mr. Fain will feel the holiday joy and have GOOD NEWS so I don't have to!

Can you suggest a proper distance from which one should view the forest so as to see the trees?  

Nothing on here has seemed very scientific.  I see you there, kindler and gentler for the holiday season. 

On 12/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, Beeline Cruiser said:

It is a totally a unique thread now, and I didn't really promise anything other than a 30 day break from criticizing the mentions in the title. That's my olive branch for holiday magic DESPITE your great unpleasantness!

What a nice foodie comments everyone else is leaving, thank you!!

In the spirit of the holiday, I think we can all agree "unique" is the word that describes this thread.  I for one thank you for such a wonderful gift in this season of giving.

On 12/2/2020 at 8:09 PM, Beeline Cruiser said:

Lol yeah Thanksgiving had other issues! Sorry mother-in-law....

Always good when new characters get introduced.  Will she be around through Christmas?

15 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Like wait was this a good idea to post that?? But yes it was hard time and divorce is never fun! It’s ok to be sad and feel those things.

It is indeed, seriously.