How many of you haven't cancelled your December bookings yet?

CineGraphic

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The invoices from my TA state in the terms that they will automatically charge the balance due to the credit card on file.

They also make the final payment date a week earlier than the actual due date in an effort to prevent any errors.

I would have a talk with TA if they are doing that to you. My TA has told me her agency MUST get authorization just before final payment is due to charge credit card balance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

I would have a talk with TA if they are doing that to you. My TA has told me her agency MUST get authorization just before final payment is due to charge credit card balance. 

I'm not the least bit worried. This is not a problem for us, as we always pay everything off before the actual due date.

20 hours ago, rcp6146 said:

Paid in full for December 19th 2020 cruise.  Boarding Passes and Luggage Tags are printed!  Christmas Eve in Panama.

I would not pack my bags just yet. I really don’t see US ports opening for quite some time especially here in the West Coast

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I would not pack my bags just yet. I really don’t see US ports opening for quite some time especially here in the West Coast

I seriously do no see Los Angeles allowing cruises out any time soon. Our kids are not even allowed at parks yet!

• Thanks 1

has anyone ever researched all the destinations for the cruises to see if they are even accepting people from the USA? id think that would dictate if cruising will start. even absent any order not to cruise if no countries accept us, we cannot go anywhere so why fight about it lol. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

has anyone ever researched all the destinations for the cruises to see if they are even accepting people from the USA? id think that would dictate if cruising will start. even absent any order not to cruise if no countries accept us, we cannot go anywhere so why fight about it lol. 

Ensenada, Mexico and Princess Cay, Bahama would be a good start - baby steps 🥃 🍻 🍷 🍸 🚢

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Ensenada, Mexico and Princess Cay, Bahama would be a good start - baby steps 🥃 🍻 🍷 🍸 🚢

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

oh thats great then id book today to go in december. i have a nice penthouse booked in cancun in december so id rather cruise than fly there. 

36 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Per an article re CDC Framework for Conditional Sailing Order on Cruise Industry News website:

Cruises from the US can be no longer than seven days. The CDC reserves the right to shorten cruises.

Which article said that? I can't find it.  Thanks

On 10/29/2020 at 4:44 PM, johnmik1 said:

All paid for Emerald for 15 nights leaving from San Pedro on 12/20/20 to FLL and then 10 days on Sky on 1/5/21 to the southern

Caribbean!

We are on the same cruise and have paid the final and am fighting with Carnival at this time to get my discount

on Carnival Stock (it has to be worth something to them at least - I bought it rot the future)

we have a forum   20 December 2020 - Full Panama Canal Transit - LA to Fort Lauderdale     that I have not seen you on but the cancellations outnumber the sailings

Patrick

8 minutes ago, Sail4th said:

Anyone here know what (if any) bonus Princess offers in compensation for cruises that they have to cancel in December 2020 that were purchased with FCC from Princess cruises that were cancelled last March? 

No additional compensation.   We attempted to use FCC from an April cancelled cruise on 2 additional cruises which have now been cancelled.  Funds in different amounts were credited to our accounts, but total remains the same.   
You might get an additional 25% if you used a FCD and have it refunded as a FCC.   I requested mine be credited back as FCD.   

Edited by kiwimum

Interesting that the Princess website is still allowing reservations to be made for the 25 December cruises that were still on their schedule.  Thinking that the timing of the parent company announcement caught them by surprise.