Grand Celebration on the move

4 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

The Celebration is on her way to Freeport Grand Bahama Island. I don’t see any movement on the Classica. Maybe BPCL will be the first cruise out of the USA. 

Cruise Industry News has released what the CDC had to say:  a "warning against cruising", basically.  

As you, I am hopeful. However...

Perhaps the Celebration is on her way to Freeport to re-fuel, re-supply, etc.?

52 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Cruise Industry News has released what the CDC had to say:  a "warning against cruising", basically.  

As you, I am hopeful. However...

Perhaps the Celebration is on her way to Freeport to re-fuel, re-supply, etc.?

She has been moored in the Port of Palm since March. If she were to be re-fueled or re-supplied it would have been in the port of Palm Beach. BPCL reported that they weren’t going to use the Celebration for their first cruise, they  were going to use the Classica. So, this begs the question, “will the Classica sail back to the Port of Palm Beach to take on passengers in November. So far the Classica still remains moored in Freeport as she has been since March. Something is happening, what it is remains to be seen. 

33 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

She has been moored in the Port of Palm since March. If she were to be re-fueled or re-supplied it would have been in the port of Palm Beach. BPCL reported that they weren’t going to use the Celebration for their first cruise, they  were going to use the Classica. So, this begs the question, “will the Classica sail back to the Port of Palm Beach to take on passengers in November. So far the Classica still remains moored in Freeport as she has been since March. Something is happening, what it is remains to be seen. 

You make good points.  So, why use the fuel, etc. to sail Celebration to Freeport?  Fuel and supplies more inexpensive?  

There has been so much of 2020 that makes no sense and this is part of it, I think.

With the CDC's warning:  I am pessimistic that cruising from any North American port will soon begin.  

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, roeco9084 said:

-Well it looks like we have our answers as to why the Grand Celebration went to Freeport. She was Sold on Nov.9th 😞 and looks like she may have been destored and stripped of her valuables for transfer to the Grand Classica. 

Where can I find this that you are saying ti was sold? All I can find is that in September "Storylines" the rip off company, was saying again they were going to purchase it. That did not happen.

1 hour ago, pinkie60 said:

According to Marine Traffic site the Grand Celebration is on its way to India. RIP Grand Celebration 

Thanks for posting this disappointing information.  But, it's really not a surprise.  

23 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

According to Marine Traffic site the Grand Celebration is on its way to India. RIP Grand Celebration 

And there you go, 100% truth just could not tell you the source.

Carnival Corp will either let the Classica be arrested and sold off (this relieves it of it's debt) or take it back directly.

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

What does Carnival Corporation have to do with this?  Was the ship only chartered by BPCL?

Guess they have their information from a black cloud. Carnival has nothing at all to do with either the Grand Celebration especially the Grand Classica. PBCL owns the ships.

Year built 1987  /  Age: 33
Flag state  Madeira
Builder (Saab Kockums AB) Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads (Malmo, Sweden)
Class Holiday
Ferry route / homeports West Palm Beach (Florida USA)
Owner Paradise Cruise Line Operator Ltd
Operator Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
Speed 19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph
Length (LOA) 223 m / 732 ft
Beam (width) 28 m / 92 ft
Gross Tonnage 47263 gt
Passengers 1502 - 1896
Crew 670
Passengers-to-space ratio 32
Decks 10
Cabins 751
Decks with cabins 9
Last Refurbishment 2014
Sister-ships Carnival Jubilee (Henna), Carnival Holiday (CMV Magellan)
Former names Costa Celebration, Carnival Celebration, MS Celebration

On 23 December 2014, it was revealed that the ship had been purchased by the newly formed Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, who would reuse the name Grand Celebration and sail out of the Port of Palm Beach in Riviera Beach, Florida starting in February 2015.[4][5] Bahamas Paradise was formed by former executives from the defunct Celebration Cruise Line that operated the Bahamas Celebration.[6]

Looks like my bad, this information was in their SEC filing in 2015. Grey cell's ain't what they used to be.

"In November 2014, we entered into a bareboat charter/sale agreement under which the 1,440-passenger capacity Grand Holiday was chartered to an unrelated entity in January 2015 through March 2025. Under this agreement, ownership of  Grand Holiday will be transferred to the buyer in March 2025"

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

Looks like my bad, this information was in their SEC filing in 2015. Grey cell's ain't what they used to be.

"In November 2014, we entered into a bareboat charter/sale agreement under which the 1,440-passenger capacity Grand Holiday was chartered to an unrelated entity in January 2015 through March 2025. Under this agreement, ownership of  Grand Holiday will be transferred to the buyer in March 2025"

Don't feel bad.  With the changes that are taking place in the cruise industry these days, it is difficult to keep up with them all.  

Obviously, between November, 2014 and December 23, 2014 a further business transaction occurred between CCL and BPCL.  

6 hours ago, quattrohead said:

That's the former CMV Magellan, recently purchased by SeaJets.

Of the pre-1998 Carnival fleet, the Tropicale (Peace Boat's Ocean Dream), Holiday (Magellan), Celebration (Grand Celebration), Ecstasy, and Sensation are currently the only survivors. Celebration appears to be done, and I can't imagine Peace Boat will be holding onto the Ocean Dream much longer after picking up newer tonnage.