Grand Celebration on the move

I'm pretty possitive that when cruising gets back to normal, and Bahama's Paradise gets their finances together, they will quite easily find a replacement for Grand Celebration. The second hand market is booming, with many ships leaving fleets and only part of them being dismantled.

On 11/23/2020 at 5:01 AM, sealynx said:

I'm pretty possitive that when cruising gets back to normal, and Bahama's Paradise gets their finances together, they will quite easily find a replacement for Grand Celebration. The second hand market is booming, with many ships leaving fleets and only part of them being dismantled.

Quite possible one of Carnival's older ships will be available. Possibly the Sensation or Ecstasy.

22 hours ago, toad455 said:

Quite possible one of Carnival's older ships will be available. Possibly the Sensation or Ecstasy.

It's interesting to me as to the reason the "suits" at CCL have chosen to keep Ecstasy in potential service while sending some of her younger sisters to the breakers.  

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

It's interesting to me as to the reason the "suits" at CCL have chosen to keep Ecstasy in potential service while sending some of her younger sisters to the breakers.  

Fantasy, Imagination, and Inspiration all lacked non-suite balcony cabins. Ecstasy and Sensation were drydocked in October 2019 and January 2020. Fascination was sold as it was literally due to be in drydock last month.

Ironically, Ecstasy's due date for its next drydock (October 2022) would be about the time the new Celebration enters service. So far Carnival is selling Ecstasy sailings as far out as April 2023, but we shall see if that holds.

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Not knowing what they will do to the ship. Many cruisers prefer the old ships. We love the old décor of sailing vessels and pictures of the old sailing ship captains. Along with rustic nautical décor in the bars etc. But yes we also love most of the newer ships. Two bookings for the Mardi Gras. Halloween 2021 and 2022. Two cruises for this year cancelled already. One in mid year on RCL for a 10 dayer that I am sure it will be cancelled also. That will leave only two for 2021.

On 12/5/2020 at 12:55 AM, tidecat said:

Fantasy, Imagination, and Inspiration all lacked non-suite balcony cabins. Ecstasy and Sensation were drydocked in October 2019 and January 2020. Fascination was sold as it was literally due to be in drydock last month.

The lack of balcony cabins probably did play a role in the decision to scrap them.  I have wondered, though, particularly with Fantasy, why was Ecstasy selected to get the upgrade and not the introductory ship of the Class?

On 12/5/2020 at 4:17 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Many cruisers prefer the old ships.

A well worn pair of slippers always feel more comfortable than a new pair.  

I understand what you are saying.  Lots of "new stuff" I enjoy.  But, if you have followed my posts on CC, you know how much I enjoyed and fondly remember my first cruise ship, Rotterdam V.  All of the "bells and whistles" of the newbies don't replace the three experiences that I have had on that ship.  

10 hours ago, roeco9084 said:

pretty sure all of Carnvials Fantasy class are too big to dock at West Palm Beach.

You are absolutely correct. The Grand Celebration is 755 ft long with a 93’ beam. The carnival fantasy is 855’ long with a 103’ beam. The Fantasy class is too wide and too long to fit in their slip. The a Grand Celebration and the Grand Classica barely fit in their slip.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 11:09 AM, pinkie60 said:

You are absolutely correct. The Grand Celebration is 755 ft long with a 93’ beam. The carnival fantasy is 855’ long with a 103’ beam. The Fantasy class is too wide and too long to fit in their slip. The a Grand Celebration and the Grand Classica barely fit in their slip.

Costa still has neoRomantica [from 1993], which is a sister ship to Grand Classica [ex-neoClassica from 1992] and is the same 718.5' long [according to Berlitz, which lists Grand Celebration at 732.6'].  My guess is that when Bahamas Paradise is ready to buy, Costa will be ready to sell.  That would update the fleet by 6 years – and having two almost identical ships should make marketing easier.

10 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Unfortunately for BPCL, Costa NeoRomantica has been sold to Celestyal Cruises in Greece.

She is now the Celestyal Experience and will assume the itineraries of Celestyal Crystal.

Pity.  They would have made such nice ship sisters.  Does Costa still have neoRiviera?  She's even shorter, but slightly newer.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Pity.  They would have made such nice ship sisters.  Does Costa still have neoRiviera?  She's even shorter, but slightly newer.

She transferred to AIDA cruises last year and is now the AIDAmira.