what about a refund instead of fcc's

if you like me are fed up with rccl's changing ships and itineraries  and would like a refund instead of more fcc's, what are the chances of getting a refund in lieu of the fcc?????diamond member merely fed up with rccl and their deceitful practices. thanks for intelligent replies......

2 minutes ago, retired dude said:

if you like me are fed up with rccl's changing ships and itineraries  and would like a refund instead of more fcc's, what are the chances of getting a refund in lieu of the fcc?????diamond member merely fed up with rccl and their deceitful practices. thanks for intelligent replies......

Depends on if you used it or not.

If you get cancelled, you can get a refund, yes. As long as you didnt use a fcc to book it.

yes we did use fcc's to book the two cruises that we want out of......the lift/s--- program would not work with either one and i know that rccl can move ships around and make changes that completely disrupt our lives and plans with no consequences, but i am fed up with it....after supporting rccl for the last 20 years and not complaining at all, it just seems like the customer is no longer #1, it is now all about the almighty $. rccl got by with dumping millions of gallons of garbage into our beautiful oceans and rarely got caught. when they did the fine was a slap on the wrist....what goes around comes around......more deceit from rccl on the way, get ready for it.

38 minutes ago, retired dude said:

If Royal Caribbean cancels your cruise, you have a choice of refund or FCC.  You can get that refund right up until 72 hours before embarkation date.  (yes, I know that it says 48 hours, but that's based on a whole bunch of fuzzy language, so pretend that it's 72 and you won't get caught out).

The "exception" is a nonrefundable deposit.  You can't get that back in cash, only as FCC.  If you booked with a refundable deposit, you can get the whole thing back.

If you have a refundable deposit, and it's before final payment date, you can cancel and get every penny back.

If you have a nonrefundable deposit, and it's before final payment date, you lose your deposit, but are not on the hook for any other money.  (if you made payments before final payment date, you can get those back)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Depends on if you used it or not.

If you get cancelled, you can get a refund, yes. As long as you didnt use a fcc to book it.

If you used a FCC that was issued as a result of a sailing cancelled by Royal and the sailing that you applied it to is subsequently cancelled then yes you can get a refund on that FCC

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you used a FCC that was issued as a result of a sailing cancelled by Royal and the sailing that you applied it to is subsequently cancelled then yes you can get a refund on that FCC

Sorry awesome. Thought once used cant refund but could have cruiselines confused. 

50 minutes ago, retired dude said:

both of the cruises were booked with fcc's that were cancelled by us, not the cruise line, so i am to guess that our only option is to cancel them both and do more of the fcc horrible route.......

Correct, you won’t be able to get cash back for those. Even if you made final payment and the cruise line cancelled you would only get a refund for new cash on the reservation and the original FCC’s would be restored.

• Thanks 1