Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

ULCajunCruiser

I know it's on the wrong side, but is this a "good" place to stay for an October 2021 cruise???   Got what I think is a decent price ($250 per night), so not sure it's a nice place to stay??.   If you hate it, what would you suggest??  We embark on Sunday, so I was thinking that we would fly in on Friday, see Boston on Saturday.   I know they shuttle from the airport, but any idea how we'd get to the cruise terminal on Sunday???

Thanks

Bill

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

It's an airport hotel, as in, on the grounds of the airport.

What date are you in October? You might be fighting Head of the Charles.

Well I knew it was close to the airport, does that make it a bad thing???   It overlooks the water, so I thought that'd be neat.   We will be checking in 10/15/2021, I don't know what Head of the Charles is???

57 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Head of the Charles is a major rowing regatta. Looks like you are a week early.

I've never stayed there, but the hotel itself is on airport grounds. Personally, I'd look at the Seaport hotel or hotels in that area.

OK thanks, I will!

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Head of the Charles is a major rowing regatta. Looks like you are a week early.

I've never stayed there, but the hotel itself is on airport grounds. Personally, I'd look at the Seaport hotel or hotels in that area.

Seconding this. Other than the hotel itself, there will be nothing to do at the Hyatt Regency. And it's an unremarkable airport hotel.

I'd stay in the Seaport District if you want to be (very) close to the cruise terminal or to stay in/near downtown (neighborhoods include: Downtown Crossing, Beacon Hill, Financial District, North End) to be near things. The dining options will be a lot better in either location, too.

23 minutes ago, EvoUSA said:

Seconding this. Other than the hotel itself, there will be nothing to do at the Hyatt Regency. And it's an unremarkable airport hotel.

I'd stay in the Seaport District if you want to be (very) close to the cruise terminal or to stay in/near downtown (neighborhoods include: Downtown Crossing, Beacon Hill, Financial District, North End) to be near things. The dining options will be a lot better in either location, too.

OK, makes sense.   Thanks for the info

13 hours ago, EvoUSA said:

Excellent advice. Depending where you stay the City can be quite walkable. 

It's too early to see real pricing for next October, but I agree with the others, don't stay at the airport unless you are just waiting between flights with a ton of luggage.

Book something refundable in town and check back at least every couple of weeks to see what shows up that might be a better deal.  And ONLY book refundable as who knows what things will be like a year from now.

5 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

Excellent advice. Depending where you stay the City can be quite walkable. 

5 hours ago, Nitemare said:

It's too early to see real pricing for next October, but I agree with the others, don't stay at the airport unless you are just waiting between flights with a ton of luggage.

Book something refundable in town and check back at least every couple of weeks to see what shows up that might be a better deal.  And ONLY book refundable as who knows what things will be like a year from now.

Thanks to you both.   I know I'm still a long way out, but the hotel prices I was seeing were scary!!!.   I will do as advised and book something refundable, and cross my fingers that they come down some

Just now, ULCajunCruiser said:

Thanks to you both.   I know I'm still a long way out, but the hotel prices I was seeing were scary!!!.   I will do as advised and book something refundable, and cross my fingers that they come down some

as mentioned above, missing Head of the Charles weekend is huge.  That is the second busiest weekend in Boston behind the Marathon (which has been postponed to "Fall 2021" from next April).  But all of October is busy here thanks to Parents' Weekends and leafpeepers, so pricing now for then will be hoping for crowds with high prices.  But if we don't see a vaccine nearby in the next 90 days or so you'll see those October prices start to drop

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

ULCajunCruiser;  I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency at airport.  It is nice hotel.  If you are coming from ariport and staying one night;  you should be fine.  Since you are right on the water;  the hotel has a shuttle boat that takes you across the water to downtown Boston.  

On 11/23/2020 at 7:30 AM, AF-1 said:

ULCajunCruiser;  I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency at airport.  It is nice hotel.  If you are coming from ariport and staying one night;  you should be fine.  Since you are right on the water;  the hotel has a shuttle boat that takes you across the water to downtown Boston.  

OK, Thanks for the info!!

• 2 months later...
On 10/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, ULCajunCruiser said:

I know it's on the wrong side, but is this a "good" place to stay for an October 2021 cruise???   Got what I think is a decent price ($250 per night), so not sure it's a nice place to stay??.   If you hate it, what would you suggest??  We embark on Sunday, so I was thinking that we would fly in on Friday, see Boston on Saturday.   I know they shuttle from the airport, but any idea how we'd get to the cruise terminal on Sunday???

Thanks

Bill

Bill, I just wrote to you on your other thread. To answer your how to get to the pier question, rely on a hotel concierge to hail a taxi, or call an Uber. Last time staying in town 10/2019, it was very hard getting a taxi back to the airport from the inner city. I'm not an Uber user, but I will be this time if we end up sailing.  Keep checking the Hilton Faneuil Hall (we are Hilton Honors).

I have stayed at the Hyatt at the airport and it's very nice but not near anything for touring or dining.

8 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Bill, I just wrote to you on your other thread. To answer your how to get to the pier question, rely on a hotel concierge to hail a taxi, or call an Uber. Last time staying in town 10/2019, it was very hard getting a taxi back to the airport from the inner city. I'm not an Uber user, but I will be this time if we end up sailing.  Keep checking the Hilton Faneuil Hall (we are Hilton Honors).

I have stayed at the Hyatt at the airport and it's very nice but not near anything for touring or dining.

OK great!!   Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Adding a note specific to the Hyatt. We live around the corner from the Hyatt and have been known to stay there during foul weather just because.  Yes, it's on Massport property so you'll either have a room looking over the runways or the more glamorous side overlooking the harbor. It's a fabulous view. 

Water taxis, a thoroughly civilized way to get around the harbor, are not currently running due to COVID, but are expected to come back into service in the Spring. These can take you straight over to Long Wharf/Faneuil Hall, North End, to the Seaport district including nearby access to Black Falcon. 

No matter where you stay, anywhere on the harbor will be a delight.