Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Most restaurants ask you to wear a mask until you are seated at your table. We need to be open, business can’t continue to survive. I was in Publix today and everyone I noticed had on a mask. Most people in SAMS have on a mask. 
 

Our ICU’s are not getting overrun, our hospitals are not full. I remember the doom a gloom from back in May/June. We’ve had personal friends who have tested positive. One with minor complications. These friends are all getting up there in age. My neighbor, his entire family tested positive. He is a Primary Care Physician and likely caught it at home. No symptoms. Him and his family have quarantined and he is now back at work. 
 

If you are vulnerable, take care of yourself and avoid situations that might get you infected. 
 

Off my sand box. 
 

M8

Are the stores requiring you to wear a mask or is it left to the individual?  Also when you say fully open is there capacity control?   The reason I ask is because I can't imagine anyone who is not required to wear a mask and doesn't have to practice social distancing or capacity control at home would be willing to do it on a cruise. Since the majority of the passengers are from Florida it's a concern that they wouldn't want to live by those rules at sea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Are the stores requiring you to wear a mask or is it left to the individual?  Also when you say fully open is there capacity control?   The reason I ask is because I can't imagine anyone who is not required to wear a mask and doesn't have to practice social distancing or capacity control at home would be willing to do it on a cruise. Since the majority of the passengers are from Florida it's a concern that they wouldn't want to live by those rules at sea.

Everything is now a suggestion. Most restaurants are now at full open. No capacity limits. Bars are open. Most places have no limits on capacity. Movie theaters are open (we avoid). No penalties or fines for not wearing a mask. Most places still have lines on the floor for spacing. 
 

We have been eating out (dine in) since the restaurants opened at 50% capacity. Most places have kept up the plexiglass and most business employees wear a mask, probably required by their employers. 
 

We maintain proper social distancing and are aware of our surroundings. 
 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Of course, and there are about 25,000 at the Cowboys games next door each week.  I haven't heard of any one having a positive test and tracing back to these locations (I live here and it would be all over the news if they were able to track someone back to one of these gatherings, lots of politics between state government and local leaders on this particular subject)

In addition the bars and restaurants are open in most counties in this area as well

I think last I heard about 20% capacity? To me better than not open.

 

You evidently arent in dallas county as bars here are still closed. I'm not counting ones that managed to sell food and get around it at reduced capacity. Judge jenkins said bars closed, however ft worth bars open, so it varies here. 

 

I feel bad for the children not getting adequate schooling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think last I heard about 20% capacity? To me better than not open.

 

You evidently arent in dallas county as bars here are still closed. I'm not counting ones that managed to sell food and get around it at reduced capacity. Judge jenkins said bars closed, however ft worth bars open, so it varies here. 

 

I feel bad for the children not getting adequate schooling.

Tell that to the young people in Dallas 

 

Dallas Club shooting

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think last I heard about 20% capacity? To me better than not open.

 

You evidently arent in dallas county as bars here are still closed. I'm not counting ones that managed to sell food and get around it at reduced capacity. Judge jenkins said bars closed, however ft worth bars open, so it varies here. 

 

I feel bad for the children not getting adequate schooling.

Who is Judge Jenkins?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Who is Judge Jenkins?

He is the county judge of Dallas county.  Not a trial judge but the lead person of our county commissioners

Edited by Mary229
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bouhunter said:

https://www.cruisehive.com/financial-analysts-think-no-cruises-until-march/42956

 

A lot of what's in this article seems to make sense.


I agree with the article. So many people on here are living in denial thinking cruises are about to start. I love cruising and hope our summer 2021 sails!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Who is Judge Jenkins?

Hes apparently the judge in dallas and keeps making decisions. I never heard of him until covid when he sheltered us in place to death. Council keeps telling him he needs to run stuff by them first. One guy I cant remember his name, on the council said he had 2k barbers going out of business.

 

Usually our news doesnt show us so much local politics until 2020.  I usually dont follow it that close but cant watch the news this year without a dose of covid politics. 

 

And yes I know barbers and beauticians now open at last. But watched the arguments on our local news.

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

How long are you in Florida? I think you turned into a NY tourist. With that said you don't know what you are missing until it's gone. This pandemic as locked me down in NY due to quarantines. I may get to visit Niagara Falls, and the Statue of Liberty. I have never been to either one. Sailed on the Staten Island Ferry for the first time last year. That may be the closest I get to a cruise. It's free and at least it has a bar. 

Bar is closed, along with restrooms😷

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

With the increasing cases in Florida I would not expect cruising from Florida to resume anytime soon.

The Governor has noted that hospitalization rates, particular ICU rates, are not rising. Florida is actually doing ok. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

The Governor has noted that hospitalization rates, particular ICU rates, are not rising. Florida is actually doing ok. 

Unfortunately hospitalization and ICU rates are not the only things that matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

The Governor has noted that hospitalization rates, particular ICU rates, are not rising. Florida is actually doing ok. 

Exactly.  That was the original purpose - to shield the medical care system from overload.  Now hospitals are complaining about the amount of money they are losing because they are not being used to the intended capacity.  People don’t seem to understand that we don’t build hospitals to be vacant, they are built according to carefully analyzed demographic data. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Unfortunately hospitalization and ICU rates are not the only things that matter. 

Then what?  People becoming infected is not really an issue unless they add undue stress on the medical systems.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

Unfortunately hospitalization and ICU rates are not the only things that matter. 

They are important indicators of healthcare capacity. I actually thought that cases would go through the roof in South Florida when schools and universities went back to on-campus learning, but the rates have not dramatically increased/skyrocketed. What has increased is the number of tourists who are here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

They are important indicators of healthcare capacity. I actually thought that cases would go through the roof in South Florida when schools and universities went back to on-campus learning, but the rates have not dramatically increased/skyrocketed. What has increased is the number of tourists who are here.

That's definitely another consideration.  Those tourists have the potential to bring the virus back to their home cities and states, some of which are heavily burdened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Lingering effects later on in life.

You should provide links to reliable data that there are significant lingering affects and to a significant portion of the population.   Most of the impacts I have heard, anecdotally, are related to treatment procedures practiced early on.  Those procedures are rarely being used often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

You should provide links to reliable data that there are significant lingering affects and to a significant portion of the population.   Most of the impacts I have heard, anecdotally, are related to treatment procedures practiced early on.  Those procedures are rarely being used often. 

It's too early to have much meaningful data about it.  Here are some relevant links:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects.html

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-hidden-long-term-cognitive-effects-of-covid-2020100821133

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs

 

Added:  I don't see where these effects are related to treatment procedures.  Can you provide a link to this information?

Edited by time4u2go
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...