Jump to content

Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@VMax1700 @kazu while I have no empirical evidence, my gut tells me the current promo will be extended again possibly to the end of the year.

Thank you!  Perhaps they will post details tomorrow or Friday. 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scubadawg said:

I was referring to the Have It All promo


yes - “Have it all” is the same thing as the “save now cruise later” advertised on HAL website, just different verbiage.  The shore excursion offer was layered on top of have it all.

 

December 8th seems reasonable as that would carry them through the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales period.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a standard balcony cabin (the ones over the tenders) for the transatlantic and orginally booked it as a non upgrade because I liked the cabin (so much for that...) Anyway I just got off the phone with HAL and what she told me was they do not have any rooms assigned yet and quoted me by the end of Nov also for our booking numbers. But she also said that they would not assign an "ocean view" to a reservation that currently had a balcony as that would be a "downgrade" which under these circumstances they would not do. Anyway she recommended when we do receive our new booking number if we are unhappy with the cabin to call and at that point they will do what they can or even assign a suite (us paying extra of course) but she also said we would get a refund for the two days shorter cruise so that should help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, paganwoman said:

I had a standard balcony cabin (the ones over the tenders) for the transatlantic and orginally booked it as a non upgrade because I liked the cabin (so much for that...) Anyway I just got off the phone with HAL and what she told me was they do not have any rooms assigned yet and quoted me by the end of Nov also for our booking numbers. But she also said that they would not assign an "ocean view" to a reservation that currently had a balcony as that would be a "downgrade" which under these circumstances they would not do. Anyway she recommended when we do receive our new booking number if we are unhappy with the cabin to call and at that point they will do what they can or even assign a suite (us paying extra of course) but she also said we would get a refund for the two days shorter cruise so that should help. 

 

I’m a bit confused by this. (Bolded). Verandahs on this ship are classified as suites - Vista Suites.  They are not suites, just verandahs but they are classified as such.

So, I’m not sure if they are telling you that you will pay to get what you booked or are offering a Neptune Suite (which is very pricey on this ship).

 

Yes, the cruise will be prorated for 2 days cost.  But, it’s nowhere near the itinerary we booked and now there are only 4 ports instead of the 7 we had.

In any case, it is what it is and we just have to figure out what is best for each of us. 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After talking it over with our PCC today we've cancelled our Zuiderdam cruise.  He agreed with us that it's very likely we'd end up in a Vista Suite on the Volendam (had a Signature Suite booked on the Zuiderdam). That plus we prefer the larger ships now -- so we booked 25 days on the Westerdam to add to the 26 days we had booked already.  We got the same cabin for the whole 51 days, so we're happy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

After talking it over with our PCC today we've cancelled our Zuiderdam cruise.  He agreed with us that it's very likely we'd end up in a Vista Suite on the Volendam (had a Signature Suite booked on the Zuiderdam). That plus we prefer the larger ships now -- so we booked 25 days on the Westerdam to add to the 26 days we had booked already.  We got the same cabin for the whole 51 days, so we're happy. 

Wow, that’s amazing you got the same cabin-was meant to be!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kazu said:

 

OMG 😱 

thanks so much.  You have helped a lot.

That’s not good at all.

If I were in a Signature Suite and ended up in a Vista I wouldn’t be a happy camper.

 

 

Well, if that happens to us (we'll know by Nov. 30) we will probably cancel UNLESS there was significant incentive to stay the course. We really don't want to cancel though because we got a TON of promo items when we booked. Somebody has to get the Neptune Suites on Volendam so maybe it will be us?  I wonder if higher star level cruisers will get priority? I'll report back after the change is made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Well, if that happens to us (we'll know by Nov. 30) we will probably cancel UNLESS there was significant incentive to stay the course. We really don't want to cancel though because we got a TON of promo items when we booked. Somebody has to get the Neptune Suites on Volendam so maybe it will be us?  I wonder if higher star level cruisers will get priority? I'll report back after the change is made.

Remember the Volendam has half as many Neptunes as Zuiderdam, so many of the Neptunes on Volendam will be taken upfront by those in Neptunes on Zuiderdam, like us. But, we are also looking to see if we can transfer to Westerdam, which happens to sail the exact same dates, and has an interesting route, including Israel. Hopefully they will allow us to transfer without any additional costs...thus freeing up a Neptune on Volendam, to help there.

 

Overall, I suspect the bookings for any of the European cruises are probably pretty low, so, other than the straight capacity issue, I think there is not a huge problem getting people over to the Volendam from Zuiderdam...in pure numbers. But, yes, the difference is cabin category types is complicated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Remember the Volendam has half as many Neptunes as Zuiderdam, so many of the Neptunes on Volendam will be taken upfront by those in Neptunes on Zuiderdam, like us. But, we are also looking to see if we can transfer to Westerdam, which happens to sail the exact same dates, and has an interesting route, including Israel. Hopefully they will allow us to transfer without any additional costs...thus freeing up a Neptune on Volendam, to help there.

 

Overall, I suspect the bookings for any of the European cruises are probably pretty low, so, other than the straight capacity issue, I think there is not a huge problem getting people over to the Volendam from Zuiderdam...in pure numbers. But, yes, the difference is cabin category types is complicated.

 

Switching to Westerdam will be at prevailing rates and promos - it is essentially a new booking with no fare/perk protections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

Switching to Westerdam will be at prevailing rates and promos - it is essentially a new booking with no fare/perk protections.

 

Promotions are the same as when we booked right now but I don’t see why our payments and OBC that we already have (not from a promotion other than the $750 payment) can’t be transferred.  It seems several on our roll call have done it.

I’ll find out later on today when I talk to my TA I guess. 😉 

 

No problem on the price difference - it’s cheaper 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

Promotions are the same as when we booked right now but I don’t see why our payments and OBC that we already have (not from a promotion other than the $750 payment) can’t be transferred.  It seems several on our roll call have done it.

I’ll find out later on today when I talk to my TA I guess. 😉 

 

Your deposit will transfer over to the new booking and they will honor the Early Payment OBC bonus if requested (not automatic).  Cruise fare and taxes will not be protected and will be at prevailing rates.  If you booked under HIA promo then yes, that is ongoing so will be available on the rebooking.

 

If you have air on the booking and you still want the same flights/pricing/travel dates make sure they detach the air from the current res and then re-attach it to the new res.  Otherwise the air will auto cancel and you have to start over.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately, I still had a private fare attached to the Westerdam.    It amounted to $80 more per person than when I originally was comparing the Zuiderdam and Westerdam, but, I can live with it.  Mine is a fare with no promotions.  And, I was able to get the same room, so happy camper.  We had a wonderful Roll Call going for the Zuiderdam, and am disappointed I will miss meeting these wonderful people.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Fortunately, I still had a promotion attached to the Westerdam.    It amounted to $80 more per person than when I originally was comparing the Zuiderdam and Westerdam, but, I can live with it.  Mine is a fare with no promotions.  And, I was able to get the same room, so happy camper.  We had a wonderful Roll Call going for the Zuiderdam, and am disappointed I will miss meeting these wonderful people.

 

what a nice thing to say. ❤️ 

You might not be missing as many of the people as you think.  Stay tuned and watch for a new roll call thread for the Oct. 30th sailing 😉 

I just need to dot a couple of i’s and cross some t’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

Your deposit will transfer over to the new booking and they will honor the Early Payment OBC bonus if requested (not automatic).  Cruise fare and taxes will not be protected and will be at prevailing rates.  If you booked under HIA promo then yes, that is ongoing so will be available on the rebooking.

 

If you have air on the booking and you still want the same travel dates make sure they detach the air from the current res and then re-attach it to the new res.  otherwise the air will auto cancel and you have to start over.

 

Thanks.  You have confirmed all I thought.

No air with HAL.  It’s way too early for that so no one will have to fret about that one.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to alert us and help us all with what is a major change.  Personally, I love the Volendam but the itinerary change was drastic and not near what we booked. 😢 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would always go for a cabin with a balcony. I dont see a legit reason to choose a regular cabin. I mean you want to have a fresh air in your cabin everyday and make sure the sun hits it from time to time. Moreover, its always fun to watch the see with a drink on a balcony 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to put a bit of perspective on rehousing those of us who have been evicted from Zuiderdam, I put these figures together.  They are from various sources so may be one or two cabins out, but it does highlight the problem for those who booked Verandah, Signature and Neptunes.  Have fun HAL!

Cabins.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Just to put a bit of perspective on rehousing those of us who have been evicted from Zuiderdam, I put these figures together.  They are from various sources so may be one or two cabins out, but it does highlight the problem for those who booked Verandah, Signature and Neptunes.  Have fun HAL!

Cabins.PNG


Very interesting to see this.  We are/were booked in a VA balcony on the Zuiderdam and of course now been moved to Volendam.  Others have already cancelled or rebooked but we are going to wait and see where HAL puts us.  I’ve never been to Europe and this cruise is our second try since this years was cancelled because of COVID.  If we don’t like where we are placed we will cancel.  
 

Thanks for posting the photo. Appreciate the visual.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Remember the Volendam has half as many Neptunes as Zuiderdam, so many of the Neptunes on Volendam will be taken upfront by those in Neptunes on Zuiderdam, like us. But, we are also looking to see if we can transfer to Westerdam, which happens to sail the exact same dates, and has an interesting route, including Israel. Hopefully they will allow us to transfer without any additional costs...thus freeing up a Neptune on Volendam, to help there.

 

Overall, I suspect the bookings for any of the European cruises are probably pretty low, so, other than the straight capacity issue, I think there is not a huge problem getting people over to the Volendam from Zuiderdam...in pure numbers. But, yes, the difference is cabin category types is complicated.

 

We’re booked on the Westerdam to Israel in May 2021.   We’re worried it may be cancelled and I also recall it visiting  in the Fall.   However,  when I look now I can’t find it anywhere?   Has the itinerary been changed?  Or can you please share the date?  I’ve looked from September to December with no luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bennybear said:

 

We’re booked on the Westerdam to Israel in May 2021.   We’re worried it may be cancelled and I also recall it visiting  in the Fall.   However,  when I look now I can’t find it anywhere?   Has the itinerary been changed?  Or can you please share the date?  I’ve looked from September to December with no luck.

Don't see any other date, but May 26th is still listed and bookable!

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E1M12D/W130.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bennybear said:

 

We’re booked on the Westerdam to Israel in May 2021.   We’re worried it may be cancelled and I also recall it visiting  in the Fall.   However,  when I look now I can’t find it anywhere?   Has the itinerary been changed?  Or can you please share the date?  I’ve looked from September to December with no luck.

Just looked at it just now...the May 26th 24 day sailing is still there, as is the May 2, 24 day sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Just to put a bit of perspective on rehousing those of us who have been evicted from Zuiderdam, I put these figures together.  They are from various sources so may be one or two cabins out, but it does highlight the problem for those who booked Verandah, Signature and Neptunes.  Have fun HAL!

Cabins.PNG

Did you look at posts 32 and 33?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Did you look at posts 32 and 33?

Yes I did. Thank you for asking.

Posts 32/33 discuss Volendam to Zuiderdam equivalence and mentions suites availability on both ships.

Post 98 displays the stateroom inventory of both ships in a tabulated format, which is easier to read for simple folks like me.

But as I said, thank you for asking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the zuiderdam April 2021 transatlantic was my second try for that trip...I really liked the ports but do prefer the voyage of the Vikings ...darn covid. I was informed that our trip was completely cancelled with no move over to volendam ..sigh.  I have two offers to think about and have until dec 2022 to use up the fcc’s.  So I’m waiting for the 2022 summer and fall schedule comes out to see if anything appeals to me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...