Jump to content

FCC enhancement


Recommended Posts

Great news.  You no longer have to wait until your cruise returns to apply the remaining FCC.

 

 

Enhancements have been made to the existing FCC process where any balance remaining on an FCC no longer has to await the return of the existing cruise vacation before applying the balance to a future/new reservation. That means the same FCC can now be redeemed on 2 active bookings! Once a portion of the FCC is applied to a reservation, the remaining balance FCC will be generated and, in turn, sent to your client for use as they wish. Please note that any FCC with a pending balance from the past few months will now be run through this process, with an anticipated completion date for all by end-of-October.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ken, DW and I  each had a FCC from our last year's cancelled Oasis TA as a result of the crane accident on this ship at the Grand Bahamas shipyard.

I had a portion of mine applied to our last November Explorer cruise and the balance was to expire on April 30th of this year.

This was due to me receiving a much higher FCC since DW was at a 60% off fare rate. Her's was used up complete for that Explorer cruise

My balance was not used because of the Covid 19 pandemic. 

I believe the expiration date for these FCCs were extended due to the above. I believe it may have been to the end of this year.

Is this correct and if so is the above expiry date correct ?

Thanks

Edited by robtulipe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Ken, DW and I  each had a FCC from our last year's cancelled Oasis TA as a result of the crane accident on this ship at the Grand Bahamas shipyard.

I had a portion of mine applied to our last November Explorer cruise and the balance was to expire on April 30th of this year.

This was due to me receiving a much higher FCC since DW was at a 60% off fare rate. Her's was used up complete for that Explorer cruise

My balance was not used because of the Covid 19 pandemic. 

I believe the expiry date for these FCCs were extended due to the above. I believe it may have been to the end of this year.

Is this correct and if so is the above expiry date correct ?

Thanks

You’ll have to call to find out the expiry date.  I know they have extended many of them and some were extended and then Re-extended.   Some they gave an apply by date to and others they gave a sail by date.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This change should be helpful to a lot of people.  
 

But like the poster above, I’m happy that I did not take the future cruise credit for any canceled cruises. I still have an FCC to use for a cruise that Royal Caribbean canceled back in 2019.  Prior to the expiry date,  I had  applied it to a cruise in October 2021.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We only took one FCC for a canceled cruise. The rest we had refunded. The only reason I took a FCC on that one was that it was tied to an initial spend limit on a new CC that got me 100K airline miles. Had I taken a refund, I would have lost my miles.  The amount of my one FCC is more than any current Cruise I have booked. So, this is very good news. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Every changing rules, just another reason to skip the FCC and get your money back.

 

FCC was the only option for a lot of the early cancellations.  Many of us would have chosen a full refund had it been possible, but it wasn't, so a FCC was better than forfeiting our complete cruise fare.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

FCC was the only option for a lot of the early cancellations.  Many of us would have chosen a full refund had it been possible, but it wasn't, so a FCC was better than forfeiting our complete cruise fare.

I didn’t know there were any RC cancellations where you couldn’t get a refund. We had one cancelled in the very first round, 13 days before we were to sail in March. I know FCC or moving a cruise were the only options for those who needed to cancel ahead of RCs cancellation of a cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

I didn’t know there were any RC cancellations where you couldn’t get a refund. We had one cancelled in the very first round, 13 days before we were to sail in March. I know FCC or moving a cruise were the only options for those who needed to cancel ahead of RCs cancellation of a cruise. 

 

We are one of the many that cancelled prior to our cruise being officially cancelled because my DH's company put a quarantine policy in effect on March 1st.  Our cruise was not officially cancelled until either the second or third wave of cancellations, forget when as it made no difference in what the cruise line would allow us to do.  If we had the option to change our FCC into a refund, we absolutely would, but we cancelled at the time we did, based on the information we had at that time and we accept that.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depending on your cruising habits I guess this policy could also work against you.  If you are not a frequent cruiser and they issue you a new FCC right away your window for using it could be a lot shorter than waiting for you to return from the cruise and then getting a new one dated 12 months out

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an FCC applied to a April 2022 cruise (that will have an excess amount after cruise) so perhaps can I change it to apply to my March 2022 B2B cruises instead? If so when do I have to do this by? It was an FCC from a cancelled RCI cruise May 2020.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I have an FCC applied to a April 2022 cruise (that will have an excess amount after cruise) so perhaps can I change it to apply to my March 2022 B2B cruises instead? If so when do I have to do this by? It was an FCC from a cancelled RCI cruise May 2020.

They are going through and working thRough  the backlog of FCC’s That have already been partially applied and are issuing new FCC’s fir the remainder.  Give it a couple months and you should have the new FCC. Once you get that you can apply it to whatever you want. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are going through and working thRough  the backlog of FCC’s That have already been partially applied and are issuing new FCC’s fir the remainder.  Give it a couple months and you should have the new FCC. Once you get that you can apply it to whatever you want. 

So even though it's already applied to a April 2022 cruise they're going to issue the remainder before that cruise sails?

I thought I had to sail first? My question was whether I should change the FCC to my March 2020 B2B's instead that way they'll be no excess. I understand to hold off doing anything right now since they're dealing with so many changes. Just wanted to know if I can change my mind about an FCC already applied.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

So even though it's already applied to a April 2022 cruise they're going to issue the remainder before that cruise sails?

I thought I had to sail first? My question was whether I should change the FCC to my March 2020 B2B's instead that way they'll be no excess. I understand to hold off doing anything right now since they're dealing with so many changes. Just wanted to know if I can change my mind about an FCC already applied.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Yes, that is why I posted this new enhancement. They are no longer waiting for the Cruise to finish before reissuing the FCC.  The remaining FCC will be reissued as a new FCC within a week or two of it being applied. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, budmeister said:

If I cancel a cruise, how long do I have to use the FCC?  Is it from the date I cancel or from the cruise date? Can it be applied to a cruise as OBC ?

If you cancel, the FCC has an apply by  and a Sail by date of Dec 31 2021 or 12 months from the date you cancel, whichever is greater.

 

it can only be applied to cruise fare and extra cannot be used for OBC. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What does the last sentence of the announcement mean.

 

Please note that any FCC with a pending balance from the past few months will now be run through this process, with an anticipated completion date for all by end-of-October.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

What does the last sentence of the announcement mean.

It means that if you have already applied an FCC to a sailing that has not yet sailed they are working on re-issuing that excess FCC by the end of October instead of you having to wait until your sailing is completed for it to be re-issued

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It means that if you have already applied an FCC to a sailing that has not yet sailed they are working on re-issuing that excess FCC by the end of October instead of you having to wait until your sailing is completed for it to be re-issued

Just wanted to make sure in case I or my TA had to initiate any action.  I guess I have to wait for my TA to inform me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Just wanted to make sure in case I or my TA had to initiate any action.  I guess I have to wait for my TA to inform me.

FCC e mails are supposed to go to the guest as well as the TA.  key word supposed to.  I'm going to wait until mid November then call and see if they have been re-issued for both myself and clients

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

FCC e mails are supposed to go to the guest as well as the TA.  key word supposed to.  I'm going to wait until mid November then call and see if they have been re-issued for both myself and clients

Thanks,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question,we have a FCC from our canceled Nov 1st Allure TA which we used to pay off our balance on our Nov 2021 cruise and have a balance left. If we use it to pay off our cruise in Apr 2023,we will still have some FCC left,can we use it on our Sept 2021 cruise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...