The Daily for Wednesday Oct 28, 2020 (2nd Posting)

today is Plush Animal Lovers Day, National Chocolate Day, and Lung Health Day

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats."
        -- Howard Aiken

Meal suggestion for today - Skillet Meat and Cheese Pasta

Drink of the Day - Gin Fizz

Wine of the day - Domaine de Beaurenard Châteauneuf-du-Pape vintage 2015

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Willemstad eta 10/29

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Caracas Bay
Nieuw Amsterdam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Portland UK
Volendam

Torquay GB
Nieuw Statendam
She is show on the map here but is listed as headed for Portland
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Oosterdam

Zelenika ME Anchorage
Zuiderdam

1028World.png

I did post this before 7am, and it seems to have been lost in whatever error occurred. The quote is different as it is generated new each time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

original quote --

The chief danger in life is that you may take too may precautions.

Edited by richwmn

Thank you for your dedication, Rich, especially having to post here twice.  

Thank goodness it's finally National Chocolate Day!!  My favorite sweet.  We can celebrate our plush animals and our lungs today as well, especially good lung health during our current pandemic.  

It's a dark and gloomy morning here in Georgia this morning, and expect a little rain from Zeta perhaps tomorrow.  Stay safe down there in Louisiana as you suffer your fifth storm this season.

Thank you for persevering & posting today’s Daily, Rich! As long as it is chocolate day, all is right with the world! I gave my lungs the gift of health 31 years ago, when I quit smoking.  Rich, I love this quote!

Roy thank you again for alerting us about the thread problem & updating our lists. Today starts the first of my Fall maintenance activities - my annual gas fireplace inspection & pilot lighting. Now if Fall weather would just stay for good, I would be happy.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

This iconic Rhône red blend has excellent ratings, and surprisingly decent prices - starting at $37.78! I admit, I was shocked. I might have to put this one on my list.

#58 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

Beautiful, deep and bright ruby red color. Complex nose, with fruits (cherries, fresh blueberries) and spices (rosemary, juniper and cedar). The mouth is broad like the nose. Crisp cherries with garrigue notes bringing the freshness on the finish. Very smooth tannins with a nice elegance.

Blend: 70% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Mourvedre, 6% Cinsault, 4% other AOC varieties

WS94

Wine Spectator
A beautiful wine, with dark fig, warm boysenberry reduction and alluring creamed raspberry flavors streaming forth, accented by graphite, black tea and pastis. There's a healthy dose of singed apple wood through the finish, but it's well-embedded as everything pulls together. Best from 2020 through 2040.

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Not really a fan of plush animals but they're very helpful, especially for kids.  Love Dark Chocolate and salute Lung Health Day, especially during this pandemic.   Love the new quote.  Skillet Meat and Cheese Pasta sounds interesting.  My alternate menu suggestion is Papaya with a Rainbow of Fruit, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Mixed Berry Streusel, as served on the Amsterdam October 28, 2017.  This time it isn't what I actually had and it isn't even something worth posting here.  I did post it on the "Memories" thread.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California and Colorado Wildfires, especially Southern California

Spiking Covid-19

Those in the path of Zeta

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

The Dodgers

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Lindaler’s sister and BIL coming for a visit.

Roy

23 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I did post this before 7am, and it seems to have been lost in whatever error occurred. The quote is different as it is generated new each time.

original quote --

Another good quote!

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Stay safe down there in Louisiana as you suffer your fifth storm this season.

I know! It is almost as if Mother Nature has a bullseye painted on the Gulf states this year. They have received more than their share for the next decade!

Thanks for the Daily, Rich & our morning smile 🙂 

I know lots of chocoholics who will be happy today 😉 and with the pandemic it’s definitely a day to celebrate Lung Health.

Love both quotes for today.

@richwmn thanks for redoing the daily for us.  I was getting errors this morning when I went into CC so I suspect that’s why your post went into never ever land.

I think I’ll pass on the meal suggestion.  Not sure what we will have tonight.  My mood needs to improve first.  I’m a grumpy Gus this morning.  Our cruise itinerary has changed dramatically due to the switch from the Zuiderdam to the Volendam.  I like the Volendam but now the itinerary bears little resemblance with what we booked.  Have no idea what HAL will do about that, if anything..  Really torn with what to do and timing.

A Gin Fizz would be great onboard.

Prayers for those on Roy’s Care list & for all those who need them, especially those in the path of Zeta.  And, a big toast to those on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 😷 

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. Twice!

Chocolate, yum! I try not to keep it because it disappears from the cupboard too quickly. 

funny easter jokes | Tumblr

Hi sisters. Ann..singed apple wood and graphite? Denise, all finished with garage pick ups? 

It is really chilly this morning. 37 when we got up with 100% chance of rain. We need it. 

Haven't a clue what's for dinner tonight. I'm still "stuffed" from our Tex Mex dinner last night.

Thank you Roy for the prayers and celebrations. Praying for those in the path of hurricane Zeta and people in the hard hit wildfire areas. What a crazy 2020. 

Wishing all a great day. Blessings!

A couple days ago I posted a sunrise from my fire house.   Today's is from that same 2014 trip and is still on land.  Before boarding QM2 and connecting to the Wind Star I spent 2 nights in New York at the Harbor House B&B, the host for the New York Harbor Webcam.  This was taken from Harbor House before boarding QM2 later in the day:

dawn1028.jpg

Roy

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily (twice).

Love the quotes.

Chocolate day should be everyday.

The meal suggestion sounds good, so does the wine.  I'd like a Sloe Gin Fizz.

Praying for everyone.   Raising a glass to toast all the celebrations.

Have a great day.  Stay safe.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

original quote --

I totally agree with this quote.

Rich:

Thank you for the Fleet update. I hope a few ships start to head to Ft. Lauderdale.  I am consiering booking a cruise at the end of January into Early February.  

Thankd to all who have posted this day.   God Bless all.

56 minutes ago, kazu said:

Our cruise itinerary has changed dramatically due to the switch from the Zuiderdam to the Volendam.  I like the Volendam but now the itinerary bears little resemblance with what we booked.  Have no idea what HAL will do about that, if anything..  Really torn with what to do and timing.

Good morning Jacqui!!🌺

I received the same email and now our cruise switched to your ship Zuiderdam from Volendam! I saw the email and told David here we go again! I figured it was cancelled. After 3 different ships I was ready to throw in the towel. I am sorry for your itinerary that might change.. Fingers crossed they will do your wonderful stops.

Our 18 day Hawaii hasn’t changed. Thinking if you

Denise😊

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!   @richwmn You had me at chocolate . . .

I've always been a fan of stuffed toys; when our son was little, we both decided when we grew up (lol),  we'd go to work in a stuffed toy factory, testing them for their "squishy-ness".  Both DH and I are grateful to have well functioning lungs, today and every day.

@kazu  I wasn't aware of ship and itinerary changes for our cruise . . . grrrr

Great quote - and today's menu suggestion sounds vaguely similar to one the other day that I referred to as Hamburger Helper.   I'm not sure what's on our menu for tonight, but there's a batch of buns to be baked today, so it might be a pot of soup and buns for dinner.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our wine glasses in celebration for all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Jacqui!!🌺

I received the same email and now our cruise switched to your ship Zuiderdam from Volendam! I saw the email and told David here we go again! I figured it was cancelled. After 3 different ships I was ready to throw in the towel. I am sorry for your itinerary that might change.. Fingers crossed they will do your wonderful stops.

Our 18 day Hawaii hasn’t changed. Thinking if you

Denise😊

Sorry for the threadjack.  Denise, I am aware we have the same PCC(R) but she has been off for an "extended period of time".  Do you know what is happening, and are you dealing with someone else directly?  I am affected by the switch, but have not been notified by HAL yet.

52 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Denise, all finished with garage pick ups? 

Good morning Joy🌺

YES!!!!! Now all of our projects are finished.

So tired I went to bed early last night and now I am up in the dark with coffee on CC!

Snuggled in bed. I am so hyper vigilant. Making my list for Thanksgiving 🙄

Have a beautiful day!

Denise😊

3 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Sorry for the threadjack.  Denise, I am aware we have the same PCC(R) but she has been off for an "extended period of time".  Do you know what is happening, and are you dealing with someone else directly?  I am affected by the switch, but have not been notified by HAL yet.

It is personal issues but Risa is still there with HAL! I know how your are feeling and I have been so frustrated. She is wonderful and would always be there for you!  I suggest you call here number like I do and she has 3 people who will help you with your cruises. I finally through them had an additional 10k FCC transferred to the Volendam from one of our cancelled cruises. The phone might ring awhile but they will answer. Risa was to be back in July, than end of August and then September! Just like in the Medical and Dental field with HIPPA they can not say!

But I was able to know it was not a health issue.Did you receive an Email yesterday! 
It does not effect us just the difference of the ship. Our Cabin will be the same.

Denise😊

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I totally agree with this quote.

In many situations but I think passing a deadly disease on to others requires extra caution.

Roy