The Daily for Wednesday Oct 28, 2020 (2nd Posting)

richwmn

53 minutes ago, Himself said:

95 % of people whe get Covid 19 recover.

Which is encouraging, but we still won’t know the long-term effects for some time.

I know there is a Utah medical community looking at the lung-damage in young COVID survivors. It is too soon to know if that will eventually heal itself. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I'm late to the party today.  Working on getting the pool back and running after getting it resurfaced.  Gave the last of the plush animals from DD's childhood to the local sheriff's office.  They keep them in their cars to use with children at accidents.  Chocolate....I agree with everyone else...it should be everyday.  And I have damaged lungs due to pneumonia twice and severe bronchitis many times.    Love both quotes and will pass on the menu. 

Gin Fizz:

Ingredients

• 2 oz Gin
  • 1 oz Fresh lemon juice
  • 3/4 oz Simple syrup
  • 1 Egg white (about 1/2 oz)
  • 1 oz Club soda

Prayers and congratulations where needed.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask!

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Which is encouraging, but we still won’t know the long-term effects for some time.

I know there is a Utah medical community looking at the lung-damage in young COVID survivors. It is too soon to know if that will eventually heal itself. 

That might be true.  We will not know for years.  We do know the dangers of vaping and a lot of young people continue to vape.

• Like 2

Good Morning.

The sun is trying to come out.  Fingers crossed for a bright and sunny day.

An excellent chocolate cake.

97975671_10222208601909207_4361317939358466048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Rpn8FZv3MXAAX-XGkGd&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=d0514db7729b6e8ab3bca39881601871&oe=5FC10E03

Not your typical KitKat.

38817513_10216597301590206_8360255318856302592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=2zYUxxxAy7sAX9Mw04_&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=d3b96887ceaba1357d15fdee2725707b&oe=5FBDD45B

Chocolate from Coombs.

21015958_10213669707842192_6688797531706286941_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=ZRUw3bwSUzgAX-zK5ZH&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=4459031d7c7d5846e84752652d3f3739&oe=5FBFB592

Stuffed toys are not just for children anymore.

23117025_10214234797049069_6778693985038737491_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rqQcnDdHuMkAX84QREn&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=188049d77415eb4e0c5e4415ff9a8954&oe=5FBFF50D

Val

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone!  Time got away from me yesterday and I didn’t get on CC. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich and for posting twice. CC is acting wonky this morning. It wouldn’t load page two and wouldn’t accept one of my “likes”. Got an error each time. Thank you for your lists Roy, love your sunrise and what a great location that must have been for you to stay, so close to the pier. 

I have a few plush animals left from our kids childhood toys. My favorite is my DD’s teddy bear, it still has a special place in my bedroom. @Marmot@Sea loved your picture of your dog and pumpkin!  Beautiful puppy you have. 

I love dark chocolate and hoard the HAL dark chocolate pillow chocolates. Yum. Lung health is so important now with COVID. My SIL still has lingering issues. I’ll pass on the meal suggestion although it sounds really good. I made my big batch of chili yesterday and gave some to DS because DGD loved it, she had two bowls before he pickled her up at 6:00pm and that was after having her usual after school meal. Like I’ve said before that girl has a hole in her tummy. 

It has been so cold here, yesterday’s high was only 57 and the low was 32. Today should be warmer but still really chilly. What an extreme from just days ago. But we are warming back up to normal temps for the weekend. 

BTW, Blue is doing much better. However it’s been tricky figuring out the right soft foods for him to eat. The canned food was a big disaster and waste. So I finally started soaking his dry food before he eats, but he sure doesn’t understand why it sits on the counter for so long. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Himself said:

That might be true.  We will not know for years.  We do know the dangers of vaping and a lot of young people continue to vape.

And if they are the only person they endanger, that would not be an issue. But secondhand vape smoke carries particles that endanger others, so one might want to take precautions if one often finds oneself in a room with a vaper. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 5

Good morning, all!  Another chocoholic here who thinks it should be every day.  Our grandsons have a couple of MY stuffed animals (oh do they look old!!) plus the ones their mother had as a child.  Every Christmas we line our staircase with stuffed bears that DH got each year from a client. There must be 15 of them. They're all dressed in clothes, it's quite a sight.

@kazu do you know where we can find our itinerary changes?  Wondering what inside info your roll call friend has 😉  

• Like 7

Just now, Cruising-along said:

Good morning, all!  Another chocoholic here who thinks it should be every day.  Our grandsons have a couple of MY stuffed animals (oh do they look old!!) plus the ones their mother had as a child.  Every Christmas we line our staircase with stuffed bears that DH got each year from a client. There must be 15 of them. They're all dressed in clothes, it's quite a sight.

@kazu do you know where we can find our itinerary changes?  Wondering what inside info your roll call friend has 😉  

The itinerary change is in the email that HAL sends.  That roll call person had their email before I got mine.  Mine came today and the itinerary change is there. 

I think they only include it IF there is an itinerary change?

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

The itinerary change is in the email that HAL sends.  That roll call person had their email before I got mine.  Mine came today and the itinerary change is there. 

I think they only include it IF there is an itinerary change?

Well hopefully ours didn't change than!  We got the email and it only says we'll get our new booking number and confirmation by Nov. 30. Thanks!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Well hopefully ours didn't change than!  We got the email and it only says we'll get our new booking number and confirmation by Nov. 30. Thanks!

Sounds like you are fine 🙂 

Most itineraries didn’t change from what I understand.

Sadly our unique one did 😞 

• Like 5

Thank you for the Daily report, Rich. We have tooooo many plush animals in this house! The 5 kids saved so many. Last Halloween, I put many of them in a tub on the front porch and, after the kids got their candy, they were invited to take a stuffy as an extra treat. The kids were excited. (probably the parents, not so much 🤣)  I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day.  Lung health is very important and often taken for granted. I have a (non-smoker) cousin diagnosed with lung cancer a few years back. And with COVID, the affect on the lungs (and heart) is still unknown, and I send prayers to all the long-haulers. And, Roy, I'm sending prayers for those on your list, too.

I pulled this up just after I had told DH that we were not having pasta tonight, so KD is what we had for lunch. But, I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day. (oh, did I already mention that?)

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Exactly @cat shepard it is much too early to know what the the end result of this plague. I've seen reports of many younger people who are still struggling with the unrelenting fatigue along with a myriad of other symptoms. And those are in the population listed as "recovered".

@Marmot@Sea that Kit Kat looks interesting. Green tea is good for you, so that would be good, right? so...I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day.

It's a gorgeous, if cool, fall day to day in southwestern Ontario. I have to catch up on This Is Us, today. I've been warned to have my tissues handy. We watched the World Series last night. Only 127 days until the first scheduled spring training day for our Blue Jays.

Here's to a wonderful day for everyone! And, if I didn't say it before, I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day.🤣

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear your mask.

• Like 12

Good afternoon all.  Thanks Rich for your perseverance in posting on the thread this morning.  I am continually having to sign in to CC so who knows what is going on.  We too are affected by the Zuiderdam/Volendam switch and I don't like being at the mercy of HAL in their getting to choose our cabin.  I suspect it will be yet another 2020/2021 cruise disappointment.  Like others we will wait until we see the results of the switch.  
So, back to the regularly scheduled thread.  The two sayings work for me, the dinner suggestion, maybe for another day and I will take a pass on the drink.  Chocolate is just okay for me, but is has to be milk chocolate.  My best to those on the care list and a shout out to those who are celebrating.  I am sharing a sunset picture my DIL took - it’s over the Napanee River from the front of their home.  Napanee is 30 miles west of Kingston, Ontario.

67C19D3C-95DC-4A72-AB22-2A191F928D31.jpeg

• Like 15

Good morning all, and thank you to Rich and Roy for the Daily news.  I am busy this morning trying to do a bit of garden cleanup, and also entertaining a bit of dark chocolate puppy come to visit.  He will be spending Wednesdays with us.  It is our grandparental duty!

000B9ADC-686B-4B99-8E7E-32E1903571E8.thumb.jpeg.4fb6f028b45d860a12b4932f5cb61625.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Dismomx5 said:

I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day.....

But, I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day.....

I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day.....

I will do my part to celebrate National Chocolate Day.

You really need to put forth more effort to celebrate National Chocolate Day. Really.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning all, and thank you to Rich and Roy for the Daily news.  I am busy this morning trying to do a bit of garden cleanup, and also entertaining a bit of dark chocolate puppy come to visit.  He will be spending Wednesdays with us.  It is our grandparental duty!

Ann, did it work for you to go to Mass yesterday?

Roy

Good morning and thank you Rich and Roy!  

cat, that wine sounds good too! 

@Marmot@Sealove those kitkats,  Japan has so many flavours.  What a beautiful dog, but then I have a soft spot for labs.

@kazuand others who have had itinerary changes.  I am sorry, what a PITA,  we once had one that they changed every day of the 14 days except for embarkation!  And we already had purchased our air.   I hope they come up with a reasonable solution.

Good thing it is chocolate day,  we all need some!  

A3CA094F-A1A7-4061-B68E-5185EFE20F00.jpeg

2B3E5682-AF15-4489-B44B-4B3E2904D2E0.jpeg

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

000B9ADC-686B-4B99-8E7E-32E1903571E8.thumb.jpeg.4fb6f028b45d860a12b4932f5cb61625.jpeg

He’s gorgeous! ❤️ 

• Like 5

We had dark chocolate and red wine last night. I need to go and restock both!

The swans finally deigned to wander over to our shore and I got a few pictures before the swam off. It looks like Ma and Pa with two youngsters. There might be a few more swans on the lake too. 

image.thumb.png.1f9b28f983b04411a8602463b1d508ec.png

image.thumb.png.2985376cdf8f87ab19094f5e2684d060.png

image.thumb.png.a240be2c57b14eabecfdcedd601bd0ef.png

• Like 15