Got my third copy of the Captain's Club via email today, been getting at least one email every day.  I have looked at cruises on the Celebrity website, have sailed 53 days with Royal Caribbean, but never scheduled a cruise with Celebrity.  Is everyone getting this much attention these days?  We are Platinum Plus with NCL, never hear from them at all.

Yes, they are certainly trying to keep us all engaged...

I also get a lot of emails...and lots of mailed brochures...from Viking...

Same from Oceania...

...and Princess...

I even get lots of communications from some lines I've never even cruised with...

Before I ever cruised with HAL, they had a club member number for me...I know because I kept seeing it on their mailed brochures...Funny thing...I've now cruised with them ONCE...and, on that cruise, we were invited to their repeat passengers' party...

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

Yes, they are certainly trying to keep us all engaged...

I also get a lot of emails...and lots of mailed brochures...from Viking...

Same from Oceania...

...and Princess...

I even get lots of communications from some lines I've never even cruised with...

Before I ever cruised with HAL, they had a club member number for me...I know because I kept seeing it on their mailed brochures...Funny thing...I've now cruised with them ONCE...and, on that cruise, we were invited to their repeat passengers' party...

Celebrity emails me 2-3x/day, I've sailed with them 5x and have 3 upcoming which includes a B2B.  Never once sailed on Viking, or even inquired, yet they email me 5-6x/week.  Sailed NCL 2x, maybe email me 2-3x/month

I have been with Celebrity three times, RCI once and P&O once. Never hear from any of them although I have planned cruises with Celebrity and had three cancelled. I keep signing onto Celebrity emails but never hear anything. Perhaps it is a UK thing?

Get loads from Cruise Critic.

My wife always seems to listening to Don's YouTube channel😨

You might be right about the U.K. thing. For several years now we have used an agent in the US and I get emails, Captains Club Newsletters etc. Before that we didn’t get a thing. This Don YouTube channel is only one of many and I have checked them all out. Fantasy land. 

3 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I have been with Celebrity three times, RCI once and P&O once. Never hear from any of them although I have planned cruises with Celebrity and had three cancelled. I keep signing onto Celebrity emails but never hear anything. Perhaps it is a UK thing?

Get loads from Cruise Critic.

My wife always seems to listening to Don's YouTube channel😨

It is indeed a UK thing.  

13 hours ago, mugtech said:

... We are Platinum Plus with NCL, never hear from them at all.

Either intentionally or unintentionally, you may have "opted out" of receiving advertisements from NCL.

All this mail is not coming accidentally.  The lines are "working" on our subconscious, trying to make us think about cruising, day and night ... so that, when better things start to happen (e.g., good news from CDC), we will book -- and even book at least twice as many cruises as normal, because of what has been lost in 2020.

Some may claim that they do not have a moral right to "toy with" our heads like this, but they do have a legal right -- until we "unsubscribe."  We have the power to turn off the faucet, if we wish.

Edited by jg51

Had a call from NCL yesterday promoting their 2022 sailings.  We haven’t sailed with them in over five years and this is the first time we’ve heard from them since then.  We get lots of communications from Celebrity, but we usually have at least one cruise booked, so not surprising.

15 hours ago, mugtech said:

Got my third copy of the Captain's Club via email today, been getting at least one email every day.  I have looked at cruises on the Celebrity website, have sailed 53 days with Royal Caribbean, but never scheduled a cruise with Celebrity.  Is everyone getting this much attention these days?  We are Platinum Plus with NCL, never hear from them at all.

I am Elite+ on Celebrity and Diamond+ on Royal Caribbean.  I never ever receive any emails from either of them.  No marketing emails or sale announcements. No new Itinerary announcements or ship announcements.  No Captain's Club or Crown & Anchor emails.  No Power up Points emails.  Nada. Nothing.  Zippo.  No matter how many times I request them.  I do get an email with notices to pay my final payment though.  They never miss those!

I get some here and there from celebrity but none from others or I probably marked them as junk long ago so never see them.  Almost all my bookings have been thru TA’s or transferred over to ta’s.