Old border about to be opened for areas outside 32 LGAs in Sydney

Queensland border about to be opened for everyone outside 32 LGAs in Sydney.  Closed for Victoria.  Those eligible to cross the border, have you got your bags packed for a holiday in Queensland?  You will be welcome!!

I'm happy with the decision made by Qld Premier and CHO.

17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Queensland border about to be opened for everyone outside 32 LGAs in Sydney.  Closed for Victoria.  Those eligible to cross the border, have you got your bags packed for a holiday in Queensland?  You will be welcome!!

So if you drive from regional NSW to Qld and stop in Greater Sydney for petrol and a feed, don't tell anyone.  I would go around to the west of Sydney anyway, but would still be in Sydney via Hume Fwy, M7, M2, new Pennant Hills Tunnel and Newcastle Freeway,  Travelling from the south one cannot entirely avoid ye olde Steak and Kidney. 

Geez I can see some Sydney Siders trying to beat the system, i.e. telling Qld border authorities they have travelled from their holiday house on NSW South Coast or wherever. Still going to be some mammoth traffic jams at the border.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So if you drive from regional NSW to Qld and stop in Greater Sydney for petrol and a feed, don't tell anyone.  I would go around to the west of Sydney anyway, but would still be in Sydney via Hume Fwy, M7, M2, new Pennant Hills Tunnel and Newcastle Freeway,  Travelling from the south one cannot entirely avoid ye olde Steak and Kidney. 

Geez I can see some Sydney Siders trying to beat the system, i.e. telling Qld border authorities they have travelled from their holiday house on NSW South Coast or wherever. Still going to be some mammoth traffic jams at the border.

When the Q'ld border opened to a limited extent a few months ago, it took a couple of hours to get through the border at Coolangatta-Tweed Heads. At the same time, there was no queue to cross the border at Goondiwindi.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

What’s an LGA ?

LGA = Local Government Area, David. State of NSW is split into LGA's. Like where I am it is Eurobodalla Shire.  So an LGA, can be a City, Council, Shire, Municipality.  Greater Sydney has nearly 5 million residents these days and has 32 LGA's.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yep  and if youve got a holiday house in Central Coast or Blue Mountains (& wollongong) those areas are aok..  Our area is excluded.  Doesn't bother me.  I am waiting for the WA border to open up...

Edited by aussielozzie18
Update

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Yep  and if youve got a holiday house in Central Coast or Blue Mountains (& wollongong) those areas are aok..  Our area is excluded.  Doesn't bother me.  I am waiting for the WA border to open up...

Just silly banning people from Greater Sydney, what about people who work in Sydney CBD, but live on Central Coast or the Illawarra or the Blue Mountains and commute daily, in theory although resident in a regional area, they work in Sydney therefore cannot enter Qld.?

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow, must be getting desperate for votes this weekend. 

My QLD mates say it's a case of "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right".  Not necessarily the way Steelers Wheel meant it!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Keep those windows wound up and eyes on the road.  Do not use ye olde cigarette lighter in the car or you might create a hot spot Uncle Les 

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Me too. They've done a good job so far, the numbers show it. The state economy is doing about as well as you'd expect it to in an epidemic. Certainly better than if we'd had to endure a tougher lockdown. My local tourism hasn't been hampered. So far I've been to Cairns, Mooloolaba and heading for Tangalooma next week.

Though it's a pity about those whiny southern politicians trying to score points during an election.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Local Government Area.  

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

LGA = Local Government Area, David. State of NSW is split into LGA's. Like where I am it is Eurobodalla Shire.  So an LGA, can be a City, Council, Shire, Municipality.  Greater Sydney has nearly 5 million residents these days and has 32 LGA's.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Keep those windows wound up and eyes on the road.  Do not use ye olde cigarette lighter in the car or you might create a hot spot Uncle Les 

Crikey mate, no cigarette lighters in cars these days, unless you have a Hillman Imp or Ford Falcon from the 60's. Like I did.th.jpg.ad1d675bef1aef4d7d5f0c7f481eb325.jpg1963-ford-falcon-xl-squire.jpg.53b2a5180080cd1792295807843aecfb.jpg

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

There will always be dishonest people, which is how SEQld. got 56 positive cases from 3 women who lied about their visit to Melbourne. 

When I had flights booked to Darwin, I had to certify that I hadn't been in Brisbane.  I had for a day, so I cancelled my flights.  Not long after, NT opened their borders to Queenslanders again.

Didn't hear a peep from our PM about NT opening and closing the borders then.  

My girls are happy because they want to drive to Tassie.

At least the north connex opens tomorrow, linking M2 with Necastle Fwy. $8 toll is worth  the ride. I recollect 2 years ago sitting on Pennant Hills Rd for 45 minutes to travel 7km, on our way to Qld for Chrissie with brother and sister. 

So the Nsw people travelling north dont have to negotiate the most congested bit of road in NSW, proably in Australia. 

Truckies are irate having to pay $24 toll, such is life, they cause more wear and tear on the road and use more roadspace.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

At least the north connex opens tomorrow, linking M2 with Necastle Fwy. $8 toll is worth  the ride. I recollect 2 years ago sitting on Pennant Hills Rd for 45 minutes to travel 7km, on our way to Qld for Chrissie with brother and sister. 

So the Nsw people travelling north dont have to negotiate the most congested bit of road in NSW, proably in Australia. 

Truckies are irate having to pay $24 toll, such is life, they cause more wear and tear on the road and use more roadspace.

And they can claim it back unlike the ordinary driver. 

The roads are certainly a lot better than they used to be.  But Governments should be ashamed at how long it takes.  Most people would be happy if our taxes went on making our roads safer.

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

And they can claim it back unlike the ordinary driver. 

The roads are certainly a lot better than they used to be.  But Governments should be ashamed at how long it takes.  Most people would be happy if our taxes went on making our roads safer.

In Nsw if it were not for privately built and operated toll roads, we would still be driving on dirt tracks. We have come a long way in road infrastructure in the past 50 yrs, Newcastle Freeway was the start of it. Talking about NSW, the Premier State.😜

Edited by NSWP

Just now, MMDown Under said:

I don't think WA was on your wish list. 

Just now, MMDown Under said:

I don't think WA was on your wish list. 

Probably not, been there 3 times and a loooong way.

We live in Melbourne. As soon as they allow us virus ridden vermin to cross the border, we need to travel to the Sunshine Coast to take my father in law’s ashes to his final resting place. We will stay one night to visit good friends, but other than that we will be getting the hell out of there back across the border and down to NSW. Although we used to travel there several times a year I have no desire to spend any of our hard earned cash there in the future.  That heartless woman has put me off completely. I will never forget her words to northern NSW residents trying to travel to their nearest large hospital for treatment. “Queensland hospitals are for Queenslanders”. I thought we were all Australians, but she set us non-Queenslanders straight. Why would anyone want to go and help their economy when there are other places where we might be welcomed?

• Like 3

We enjoyed our recent holiday on the Sunshine Coast so much, we made a return booking for Dec.  From my experience, businesses who cater to the local market on the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast are doing well.  Those who catered to the international market sadly lost all their business.  I wish the Government gave vouchers to encourage locals to holiday at home, like Tas.,  rather than spend huge funds on tourism advertising.  The money spent prior to the pandemic was a waste of public funds. 

I'm looking forward to holidaying in Northern NSW again.