So I just booked a cruise for 2021...

Booked the October 24 sailing on Serenade of the Seas - kids sail free and the price was good. Fingers crossed we have a COVID vaccine or proper treatment by then! Just saw Princess has cancelled sailings until May 31 next year.

Who else has booked a cruise for next year but isn’t sure they made the right decision 🤔?

1 hour ago, lesands77 said:

Booked the October 24 sailing on Serenade of the Seas - kids sail free and the price was good. Fingers crossed we have a COVID vaccine or proper treatment by then! Just saw Princess has cancelled sailings until May 31 next year.

Who else has booked a cruise for next year but isn’t sure they made the right decision 🤔?

We have several cruises booked, the first one in August 2021. That one I give us odds of 50/50 on whether it will go ahead, but the price was fantastic for a balcony cabin. The next are in October 2021 and May 2022, followed by June and July 2022. I am not worrying if I have made the right decision. On the earlier ones we are not risking much in the way of deposit. If the cruise is cancelled and the cruise line is still solvent, we will probably get a refund or FCC.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

yesterday booked P&O along Queensland coast 10 days $669 each  flash sale for the day  great!  14th June 2021

Great deal Yvonne.  Nice time of year to head north.  Hope it goes or otherwise hope you get your money back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Great deal Yvonne.  Nice time of year to head north.  Hope it goes or otherwise hope you get your money back.

Hi   Yes they said deposit refunded only if they cancelled but we would not do so (we hope) if we do then our travel insurance would come into play.  Looking forward to life on a ship although I expect it will be different   It will give us a taste of what it is likely to be like on our Half World Coral Princess cruise in 2022 July   fingers crossed

13 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Hi   Yes they said deposit refunded only if they cancelled but we would not do so (we hope) if we do then our travel insurance would come into play.  Looking forward to life on a ship although I expect it will be different   It will give us a taste of what it is likely to be like on our Half World Coral Princess cruise in 2022 July   fingers crossed

Looking forward to hearing about both cruises..  

We have booked two cruises for 2021 from Auckland, New Zealand both on the Pacific Explorer, One in February 2021 and another in April 2021, so we are hedging our bets :).

We had 5 cruises cancelled this year (2020), so we are not worried, if they gets cancelled then we will worry about it then 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

I have nothing booked at this stage. Prefer to sit back and see how it all goes when cruising does recommence. 

There are a lot of cruisers just waiting for Federal Govt announcement that cruising in Aust can recommence (once it is deemed safe to do so).  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

We have booked two cruises for 2021 from Auckland, New Zealand both on the Pacific Explorer, One in February 2021 and another in April 2021, so we are hedging our bets :).

We had 5 cruises cancelled this year (2020), so we are not worried, if they gets cancelled then we will worry about it then 🙂

We have an Apr21 Cruise ex Auckland booked on Explorer as well.

At the moment, I'm about 50:50 on whether it will go ahead.

Hoping that both Australia and NZ can keep the virus at the borders/in Quarantine, and the P&O can get a healthy crew aboard and down to our waters. If they are only catering to NZ/AU guests (or of course, anyone else that has done their 14 days in MIQ), I can't see too many issues. So many 'ifs' though.

Our cruise is to Fiji (got spanking deals on a mIni Suite). I don't even mind if we aren't allowed ashore in Suva and Port Denerau.

• Like 2

Looking at the 2 and 3 day one port cruises and thought to do a back to back syd to bris  bris to Syd but I see that they are leaving a day between instead of going straight back so it must be for deep clean and etc.  means extra cost to stay in Brisbane for a night so leave this for now  Fri 29th October 21 to Mon 1st Nov 21 and then 2nd Nov 21 to 4th Nov 21 on Coral 

7 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Looking at the 2 and 3 day one port cruises and thought to do a back to back syd to bris  bris to Syd but I see that they are leaving a day between instead of going straight back so it must be for deep clean and etc.  means extra cost to stay in Brisbane for a night so leave this for now  Fri 29th October 21 to Mon 1st Nov 21 and then 2nd Nov 21 to 4th Nov 21 on Coral 

You could consider staying overnight in the suburbs, Yvonne, which would be less expensive than the city.  

I'm wondering whether the cost of airfares is going to effect these little one way trips away?  I checked airfares to Melbourne in January and they were more expensive for discount airfares or points on Qantas.

16 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

There would be cheaper hotel option in Brisvegas, i.e. Ibis etc. All you need for an overnighter is a decent bed and shower.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

There would be cheaper hotel option in Brisvegas, i.e. Ibis etc. All you need for an overnighter is a decent bed and shower.

Yes but for  cheepy trip it all adds up  taxi each way to hotel  food for the day etc  and the 2 day cruises are not that cheep either   I will give it a miss and perhaps do the 5 day Tasmania one instead   I cannot do anything that goes to a foreign port as I am an alien so the better priced cruises are out 

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

You could consider staying overnight in the suburbs, Yvonne, which would be less expensive than the city.  

I'm wondering whether the cost of airfares is going to effect these little one way trips away?  I checked airfares to Melbourne in January and they were more expensive for discount airfares or points on Qantas.

I think I will wait and see what Federal rules are still in place for foreigners later on 

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Those cruises are on two different ships.

Sydney to Brisbane is on Coral Princess.

Brisbane to Sydney is on Royal Princess.

That's why there is a day between them.