Teleworking! Will X be the first to find a way to increase wifi speed/reliability?

20 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

It just sounded like you were being judgmental, thanks for clarifying.

But for many, it does not have anything to do with "can't leave work alone."  For us, e.g., it literally was our job.  We could work anywhere in the world and did it, like I said, for around 6 months a year (all leisure travel, no business).

And TOTALLY agree with you on the clods on speaker phones or ZOOM calls on their balcony.  Or the pool deck.  Or any of the restaurants.  Obnoxious x10.

How is it different conducting a Zoom call or phone call on the balcony, compare to say 4 or 5 folks lounging there having cocktails and conversation, laughing, fun etc?

There's a lot to be said for paying my dues, being retired and having successful portfolios  Now that's what I call enjoying a cruise.  However even when I was running two small businesses simultaneously, I used cruising to GET AWAY from work.  I appreciated them not being able to reach me.  Plus I had good people who stayed behind.

18 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

How is it different conducting a Zoom call or phone call on the balcony, compare to say 4 or 5 folks lounging there having cocktails and conversation, laughing, fun etc?

Volume! Far too many people seem to think that they need to raise their voices when on a call.

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Volume! Far too many people seem to think that they need to raise their voices when on a call.

Agree, but would not apply to me.  I wear a headset so only I can hear whoever is on my Zoom call and it has a microphone that I speak directly into.  On a TA with 8 days at sea, it works for me.

55 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Because they are laughing and having a conversation.  Lauging,  Fun, just as you said. And face it, rarely 4 or 5 people on a balcony, except in suites.

That is, for me, joyful as long as they are not obnoxiously loud or profane.

Listening to multiple people's business prowess?  Marketing plans?  Financials?  

Not so much, thanks.

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Because they are laughing and having a conversation.  Lauging,  Fun, just as you said. And face it, rarely 4 or 5 people on a balcony, except in suites.

Not so much, thanks.

Well maybe if the balcony next door was Warren Buffet on a business call.... perhaps I might eavesdrop just a bit.  

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Not so much, thanks.

Oh, I see, so you get to decide what type of conversations are acceptable?  Not when I am paying you don't, however, if you would like to pay for my cruise, I may follow your rules.   Also, I am in sky suite 8200 on Apex TA, May 1, 2021, you better not book the room next door, and there is only one adjacent balcony.  

22 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Oh, I see, so you get to decide what type of conversations are acceptable?  

If you are bothering me, I do.  My ears.  Not yours.

And your Apex crossing has about as much chance of going as my Reflection crossing same time frame so I wouldn't worry.

44 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

If you are bothering me, I do.  My ears.  Not yours.

And your Apex crossing has about as much chance of going as my Reflection crossing same time frame so I wouldn't worry.

Well I am deaf in one year, so you got me there, but you get to hear double the fun.  Agree, most likely not sailing, but I'll survive.  By then I will be able to sit on my own patio and conduct my business.  BTW, you really need to find a real problem.  CHEERS!!