Azura Latest News

joeecco

3 hours ago, joeecco said:

I’ve noticed Azura is still alongside in Southampton, 3 days late. I presume that they haven’t yet finished the work and that’s all it is? 

Work on Azura extended through 20/11 and could be further extended. She has moved from berth 106 to 38/39 for a week but is due back at 106 before she departs.

With minimal manning, maintenance regimes etc change. With such a long pause now known, there is the opportunity to plan and undertake work not normally scheduled or possible.

It’s accepted that March 2020-March 2021 is now lost and the future is firmly focused on coming back better.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Work on Azura extended through 20/11 and could be further extended. She has moved from berth 106 to 38/39 for a week but is due back at 106 before she departs.

With minimal manning, maintenance regimes etc change. With such a long pause now known, there is the opportunity to plan and undertake work not normally scheduled or possible.

It’s accepted that March 2020-March 2021 is now lost and the future is firmly focused on coming back better.

Fantastic! She’s going to look in ship shape then, pun intended 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Is that a restart in March 2021 or you mean cancelled for March 2021? 🥴

On 11/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Looks to me that it means cancelled to March 2021. We are due on her at the beginning of April but I think we are changing that and looking ahead to 2022.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I thought March 2021 was already cancelled for Azura as she isn’t heading to the Caribbean so presumed her first sailing was 1 April out of Valletta? 

Think we are supposed to sail on her on the 8th --- just seems very early in what will be a brave new world ... in the process of moving to IONA May 2022 but the lines are really busy. Not sure if they will charge us to move it

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Think we are supposed to sail on her on the 8th --- just seems very early in what will be a brave new world ... in the process of moving to IONA May 2022 but the lines are really busy. Not sure if they will charge us to move it

They are supposed to be allowing unlimited switches free of charge, so you should be OK.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

There is no charge for moving Select Fare booked cruises to 2022 I did it on Monday with my TA and it took no longer than 5 minutes to get a price for new cruise move cruise and within 2 days had new confirmation and booked my car parking with CPS.

• Thanks 1

It has taken half an hour but they can't find our FCC so just sorting that out. Got the cabin we wanted though 12742 aft so pleased so somewhere to escape to if it gets too manic. Can not believe we have booked this huge ship ... oh well only a week and we will give her a go and not moan if she is big. Ha ha

Edited by Presto2

3 hours ago, joeecco said:

I thought March 2021 was already cancelled for Azura as she isn’t heading to the Caribbean so presumed her first sailing was 1 April out of Valletta? 

Sorry, we're on Iona in March, not Azura. We go on 6th so think it's one of the first cruises currently scheduled 🤷‍♂️

Hi we are on the Iona 6th March also our TA is requesting the balance payment but we are trying to avoid payment in case we are cancelled again , we’ve had 6 cruises cancelled this year with Cunard & P& O  have you paid your final balance  yet?

Edited by lindylooellalouise
Spelling check

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Not every ship will restart at the start of April. Some maybe earlier, some later.

Azura’s summer season is one of the more complex because of the interaction with the airlines.

Do you think Azuras summer season may be cancelled due to possible problems? I would think a British Isles cruise next summer would be popular, particularly now that Cruise and Maritime have gone out of business?Are the itineraries likely to stay the same on the other ships or is it likely that they may start with short cruises to see how things go?

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Do you think Azuras summer season may be cancelled due to possible problems? I would think a British Isles cruise next summer would be popular, particularly now that Cruise and Maritime have gone out of business?Are the itineraries likely to stay the same on the other ships or is it likely that they may start with short cruises to see how things go?

I would imagine that if P&O decide to restart with any new short itinerary or round Britain cruises, then it will be to replace some that have already been cancelled, which probably means there will be more cancellations to come.

8 minutes ago, joeecco said:

I see she has moved berth again, is there a particular reason for this? Do you know of any plans to release images of her once she has been refitted too? 

On 13 November Molecrochip said Azura would move berth for a week then return to same berth. Would be good to see some pictures and of Iona. 

4 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

On 13 November Molecrochip said Azura would move berth for a week then return to same berth. Would be good to see some pictures and of Iona. 

Yes I saw that, but that was in regards to moving from berth 106 to berth 38 where she has been for since late last week. Now she is in berth 46 instead. MS Westerdam is in her original berth and so I was wondering why the reasons for this were and if it is simply because Westerdam is in port, how come Azura didn’t take priority with an advanced booking. Curious ☺️

• Like 1

Plenty of guesses afoot, but perhaps now she's on 46 we'll be blessed with another of those videos from you know who with a ship as the backdrop....😒

Perhaps there's a technical issue they're trying to sort out as well, hence the fact she's been in port so long with minimal movement apart from the game of 'musical chairs'...

At this point its all one big guess after another as its all we have to go on, even Molecrochip's post wasn't definitive and absolute about refit work being done, just a guess which I think many have taken as being fact based on previous accuracy of information as it relates to press releases, etc.

Not meant to be inflammatory, just trying to keep feet on the ground here...

Azura is undoubtably alongside longer than originally planned.

She had to move as a vehicle ship was due in today which needed access to the storage car parks by 38/9.

She was due back to 106 with a couple of ships due into 46. To enable time to finish the current works, it is easier to berth her in 46 and not keep moving the other planned bookings in 106.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Captain_Morgan said:

Sounds like the only 'upgrade' we know about for sure is the recovered anchor

We don’t even know that’s for sure haha. 
I think it’s almost certain that she was having some sort of work done, be it maintenance or refit because surely cash stripped P&O wouldn’t be paying for a ship to berth for that length of time. 

• Like 1