Volunteers

geckoaz

We are booked on what turned out to be the third cruise of the Mardi Gras and we don't even want to go on that one.  Way too many restrictions until this mess is over.  Until cruising gets back to normal, we won't even be thinking about a cruise.

• Like 2

Yes, my husband and I would both go. We had Covid in March and still have antibodies. We would enjoy every second! I know the cruise lines are going to have procedures in place and keep everyone safe! 
I think the first cruises should be for COVID-19 survivors ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

I don't even like going to the supermarket these days. I would not go on a free cruise because I'd imagine it would draw a less than desirable crowd. I've been on several short, cheap cruises that were just full of obnoxious drunk people. I'm all for having fun, but party cruises aren't for me. I also think I read that they will be testing both before embarkation and before debarkation. If you test positive, you're forced into quarantine somewhere at the port of departure and can't leave for a few weeks. Not sure if that is on your own dime or not...either way...too many questions remain. 

Plus, I'd rather not end up being hooked up to a ventilator. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Doggielover68 said:

I would not go on a free cruise because I'd imagine it would draw a less than desirable crowd. 

While the test cruises may be free, I seriously doubt they would invite random strangers. I suspect they would invite previous guests and maybe include a large percentage of platinum or diamond cruisers.

13 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

While the test cruises may be free, I seriously doubt they would invite random strangers. I suspect they would invite previous guests and maybe include a large percentage of platinum or diamond cruisers.

Count this Diamond cruiser out.  I'm an organ donor and wouldn't want someone to be denied because I contracted COVID on a voluntary cruise. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Well it's all speculation at this point anyway so who knows. Many platinum/diamond guests may be denied due to pre-existing conditions. 

26 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

Well it's all speculation at this point anyway so who knows. Many platinum/diamond guests may be denied due to pre-existing conditions. 

True, it's all speculation.  I'm just thinking from a marketing standpoint.  They would want to entice the repeat customers back on the ship. This thread shows that there are enough willing volunteers who want to go and may qualify. 

10 hours ago, RedbullGP said:

Sign the wife and I up Scotty..   Glad to help work the bugs out and have some fun. 

Extended mock lock-downs and if you are one of the "lucky ones" to catch the simulated virus and taken to isolation. I'll pay for a real cruise. 🙂

9 hours ago, Doggielover68 said:

They will not have any issues getting the people they need from any ranks of cruiser.  

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Extended mock lock-downs and if you are one of the "lucky ones" to catch the simulated virus and taken to isolation. I'll pay for a real cruise. 🙂

Wow, you have already been on one!  Can you let us know the other issues?

Not for me either.  I am booked for January that i am praying they cancel.  I just cant get my head around how to social distance on a ship.    Add that to all the restrictions- Not even worth it if it was free.  

3 hours ago, serene56 said:

Not for me either.  I am booked for January that i am praying they cancel.  I just cant get my head around how to social distance on a ship.    Add that to all the restrictions- Not even worth it if it was free.  

Has the CDC given any advice on how they expect there to be social distancing? 

One could easily say a cruise experience is the opposite of social distancing.

11 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Has the CDC given any advice on how they expect there to be social distancing? 

One could easily say a cruise experience is the opposite of social distancing.

With 50% capacity, it will be a bit easier. More show times, loungers/chairs blocked to sit every other one including tables. 

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

With 50% capacity, it will be a bit easier. More show times, loungers/chairs blocked to sit every other one including tables. 

How many passengers does 50% translate to?

The first ship to go to the Caribbean had 53 passengers. It now has a passenger with Covid. How are the much larger ships going to avoid the virus?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/caribbean-cruise-covid-scare-seadream/