canival cruise prep

geckoaz

we all get ready for cruises..sometimes odd prep...when carnival dropped capt morgan rum for oakheart my wife broght a bottle to see if she could get used to it before a cruise..she hated it

.wonder if i will have to switch from diet coke to diet pepsi before next cruise

3 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Oh yeah, totally forgot they switched from Coke to Pepsi. Thanks for the reminder that I should stick to cruise lines who proudly serve Coke products. 

Pepsi?   Who drinks that stuff?  Coke or die!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, geckoaz said:

we all get ready for cruises..sometimes odd prep...when carnival dropped capt morgan rum for oakheart my wife broght a bottle to see if she could get used to it before a cruise..she hated it

.wonder if i will have to switch from diet coke to diet pepsi before next cruise

Switch to martinis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geckoaz said:

Keep in mind that as of today, you can still bring two six packs of soda on-board

5 minutes ago, Bowman1 said:

Keep in mind that as of today, you can still bring two six packs of soda on-board

And then you have to carry it around or fetch one when you’re ready to drink. For someone who drinks as much Coke as me, the convenience of getting one anywhere at nearly anytime is worth the cost regardless.

9 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

Hallelujah! Pepsi is better! Lol, anyone old enough to remember the old Saturday night live  John Belushi sketch “no coke, pepsi!” LOL

I’ll take a cheeburger and chips to go with that!

Edited by FTLCruiseGal
  • Haha 1

I'm not a soda drinker. We brought canned water on but it never got drank.

My cruise prep is to get books from my favorite authors. This time I probably overdid it as I might get quarantined to my cabin at worse. Plan to avoid crowds and sit by the pool and eat outside as much as possible. I have anytime dining but will probably go to buffet and take it outside if I can find a place to sit. Lots of fresh air this cruise. Extra good books. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. 

Is anyone thinking of bringing their own cup to drink out of. I'm 70 if you are wondering why I'm being more cautious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm not a soda drinker. We brought canned water on but it never got drank.

My cruise prep is to get books from my favorite authors. This time I probably overdid it as I might get quarantined to my cabin at worse. Plan to avoid crowds and sit by the pool and eat outside as much as possible. I have anytime dining but will probably go to buffet and take it outside if I can find a place to sit. Lots of fresh air this cruise. Extra good books. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. 

Is anyone thinking of bringing their own cup to drink out of. I'm 70 if you are wondering why I'm being more cautious.

We have always brought our own cup to drink out of. Comes in handy since it has a lid and straw. 

16 minutes ago, Bevv said:

We have always brought our own cup to drink out of. Comes in handy since it has a lid and straw. 

I dont mean to carry around  even for Mdr. I'm not sure I want a lidded mug in mdr. I'm thinking something to sit on a table too. But maybe you use your there too.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont mean to carry around  even for Mdr. I'm not sure I want a lidded mug in mdr. I'm thinking something to sit on a table too. But maybe you use your there too.

We did not go to the MDR for dinner and did not use our cups there when we went for brunch. Otherwise we often carried our drink cups with us as we wandered the ship and even to the theater.

59 minutes ago, Bevv said:

We did not go to the MDR for dinner and did not use our cups there when we went for brunch. Otherwise we often carried our drink cups with us as we wandered the ship and even to the theater.

And we do not  drink alcoholic drinks, so the cup works great for pepsi, tea, juices or water

16 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

And with this thread all seems normal again.

We're all just delirious because Dec cruises got completed canned, but we're hopefully that stuff will start up with the new CDC requirements and trial sailings, and today is "that day", and COVID-19 is resurging, and maybe there will be fewer people on board for a long period, which will be nice because it will open up spaces, but maybe the Comedy show will still be crowded, and I wonder if they will tame down the later show, but perhaps never allow kids in the piano bar because it should be adults only, and will they heat the pools better?, and and and

Yes, that was on purpose.  😜

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

and maybe there will be fewer people on board for a long period, which will be nice.  

Disagree — limited capacity will not be nice. It’ll pave the way for fewer internal positions to be available and lower revenue figures will ultimately result in a lower onboard experience. Anticipatory guest service as we know it will come to an end.

Edited by xDisconnections

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Disagree — limited capacity will not be nice. It’ll pave the way for fewer internal positions to be available and lower revenue figures will ultimately result in a lower onboard experience. Anticipatory guest service as we know it will come to an end.

I do hope you realize my "statement" was a fake uncontrolled stream-of-consciousness type pseudo-panic of a stereotypical CCer, right?

I neither condone nor condemn any of those half-baked partial-sentence statements.

Though I do wish they would heat the pools more - I'm from Florida, and my pool is best at a water temp of 90 deg or more, IMHO...

On 11/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, Bowman1 said:

So it can be two 6 packs and doesn't have to be in a 12 pack box? I am asking because I prefer ginger-ale and not always easy to find in port in case. Also FYI the gingerale on the ship is not 12oz cans. I felt cheated.

6 minutes ago, GMRPHRN said:

So it can be two 6 packs and doesn't have to be in a 12 pack box? I am asking because I prefer ginger-ale and not always easy to find in port in case. Also FYI the gingerale on the ship is not 12oz cans. I felt cheated.

Yes, or 12 loose cans. The 12 are per person.