Final payment for 10 day cruise due 11/9

vswan

I have a 10 day cruise scheduled to go in mid-Feb 2021. Know this will not be going due to the new CDC guidelines. I had decided to cancel on Friday prior to the announcement and sent my PCC an email in the morning. She called late in the day encouraging me to just wait until the final payment date to see what happens between now and then. If they cancel I would get all of my money back or FCC with some type of bonus. Since my deposit is non-refundable this makes sense. I do have insurance which would kick in and cover 90%, but if I wait and they cancel I would be refunded 100% and the insurance cost. Does anybody think that HAL will move fast enough to cancel this officially before final payment? Guess for now I'll just hold on.

I was in the same boat (bad joke). I made my final payment for my 01/10/21 on Eurodam. I went ahead and made the final payment knowing that if THEY cancel I'll be able to re-book with perks or get a full refund. I'm not very hopeful so I made back up plans for a 6 day vaca in Key West. Fully refundable until January 5.

We are in the same boat, having made full payment for a mid-February Caribbean cruise on board Nieuw Statendam.  The "final" payment date is later this month, but the cost to cancel is roughly the same as the cost of insurance, and I guess that we will hang in there in case HAL cancels.  Speaking of that, may I ask why you believe that your cruise will be canceled?  I had thought that the CDC had lifted the ban.

My cruise is a 10 day cruise and they are not allowed when things start up. 7 day max until Nov 2021 or until the CDC lifts that provision. You are probably on the same cruise that I was to be on. 10 day to ABC islands on the Statendam.

You have nothing to lose if you wait until the day before final payment. HAL may or may not cancel by then, but what you get as a refund will be exactly the same then as now, if they do cancel. 
I would not, if I were you, make the final payment, however. You would just be risking more money if you were to do that, and then HAL cancels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vswan said:

My cruise is a 10 day cruise and they are not allowed when things start up. 7 day max until Nov 2021 or until the CDC lifts that provision. You are probably on the same cruise that I was to be on. 10 day to ABC islands on the Statendam.

There is also a possibility that instead of cancelling your cruise, HAL will amend the itinerary to 7 days. Maybe discuss that scenario with your TA before making a final decision.

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

There is also a possibility that instead of cancelling your cruise, HAL will amend the itinerary to 7 days. Maybe discuss that scenario with your TA before making a final decision.

There is a possibility of this with the itinerary, but can't see going to the ABC islands which is the draw of this cruise. Too far for a 7 day.

Ours is for 11 days, 2/17-2/28.  I suppose that I would have figured out that initial cruises were for 7 days only (although that is subject to CDC amendment) had I bestirred myself to read the press release more carefully.  In any event, thanks for this very helpful news.  

I think that at this point the wisest course of action for us is to await action by HAL.  We have a HAL TA, and presumably will be informed at some point in time.  

My final payment for my January cruise is due Nov. 13.  I don't possibly see how we're going to sail, but no word from HAL.  I really don't want to make final payment and then have to fight to get my money back.  I keep expecting an announcement from HAL canceling cruises thru January.

32 minutes ago, Roz said:

My final payment for my January cruise is due Nov. 13.  I don't possibly see how we're going to sail, but no word from HAL.  I really don't want to make final payment and then have to fight to get my money back.  I keep expecting an announcement from HAL canceling cruises thru January.

I would expect an announcement tomorrow or Wednesday.  The orders just came out Friday.  Today was likely spent communicating with corporate and vendors including port authorities.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

ALthough  the10+ nt cruises are canceled-   are 7day B2B cruises possible?