We have a spring 2021 cruise booked on Enchantment of the Seas leaving from San Juan Puerto Rico. Has anyone heard any updates on if SJ is planning to allow cruise ships to start back sailing? I know they are going to begin doing some "volunteer" test cruises from the US, but I wasn't sure about SJ. 

I originally had a B2B scheduled on Freedom for April 2021. I did a L/S to March 2022 

instead. No way was I going to take the chance. Best of luck to what works for you.

BTW my March 2022 Freedom was just changed to Explorer...I'm OK with that change.

No official announcement from RCL yet.     They previously said when they submitted their Health Panel they would start with short sailings out of Florida with 2 ships (navigator and mariner) then gradually add other sailings.     Time will tell as we all anxiously await to hear their predicted timeline.

We can't do a lift and shift on this one. My husband and I had the same spring break for 2021 from our schools. We don't have the same spring break for 2022 and we can't take off a week during that time of the year. So I am not sure what to do. The other problem is that we have a flight booked to SJ, so if the cruise is cancelled last minute, I am sure our flight will not be refunded. 

I'll start saying I have no idea. But I will say San Juan closed its ports to ships coming back from the last cruises. So when the CDC stopped cruises on March 13 there were still two ships that were scheduled to return to SJ on the 15th. Just before they were to dock they said no way bye - so the ships high tailed it back to Miami and Canaveral both of which still let people off the ships on March 17th. 

So because of that I wouldn't be surprised if SJ took its time starting up cruises again. 

15 minutes ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

We can't do a lift and shift on this one. My husband and I had the same spring break for 2021 from our schools. We don't have the same spring break for 2022 and we can't take off a week during that time of the year. So I am not sure what to do. The other problem is that we have a flight booked to SJ, so if the cruise is cancelled last minute, I am sure our flight will not be refunded. 

A lot can happen from now till next Spring.  I personally do not recommend anyone book hotel or flight unless it is refundable.  If already booked you may want to see what options the airline is offering to cancel, just in case.

1 hour ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

Depending on the carrier you used...you may be able to get a complete refund if there's a change with your flight.

I have recently gotten complete refunds with AA, DL and Lufthansa.

We used FCC from cancelled May 2020 Adventure of the Seas to get my upcoming February 2021 Enchantment San Juan cruise way back in April.  We still haven't done our flights due to numerous credits on AA and southwest for cancelled cruises this year.  We figured we would wait it out.  I did purchase the Key at 12.99 and one shore excursion at each port (25% off) since it appears that's where we are heading.  I just texted my husband to see if he wants to lift and shift but he said to wait and see.  So far we have had no problems with any refunds from both RCCL and carnival.  Just received my FCC and cruise planner FCC from cancelled November cruise plus the port taxes were credited. I have no idea what will happen in the future.  We scheduled a quick trip to the Bahamas next month and have a lot of hoops to jump through but at least we are going somewhere.  Sadly I come on here less and less because it's so negative and some posters are just depressing with their doom and gloom. I hope cruising comes back. Until it does, Ill just keep doing my little weekend trips and a flight here and there.

8 hours ago, AmandaKaye79 said:

We have a spring 2021 cruise booked on Enchantment of the Seas leaving from San Juan Puerto Rico. Has anyone heard any updates on if SJ is planning to allow cruise ships to start back sailing? I know they are going to begin doing some "volunteer" test cruises from the US, but I wasn't sure about SJ. 

All you're going to get is opinions, there are no "updates" on cruises from anywhere next spring.  No one knows.