New Years Eve cruise just cancelled

okiedrifters

Anyone looking for the text, my Dec 23 out of Tampa had the following:

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your upcoming cruise vacation.  In order to ensure the most effective initiatives are in place for a healthy return to service, Celebrity Cruises will be extending the suspension of global operations for all sailings departing on or before December 31st, 2020. Unfortunately, our extended suspension now includes cancellation of your upcoming voyage. 

Please know this decision was not made lightly, as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise.  As the world continues to confront the many challenges resulting from COVID-19, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. With the goal of a healthy return to service in mind, Celebrity Cruises, as part of the Royal Caribbean Group, has assembled a “Healthy Sail Panel” of globally recognized experts, who are working alongside our public health and medical team, to guide the cruise industry’s way forward in response to the pandemic.

In order to compensate you for this cancellation, all booked guests will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valid until December 31st, 2021, for use on sailings through May 4th, 2022.  The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by November 30th, 2020 via email. Please note, when redeeming your Future Cruise Credit, only one FCC may be applied per person, per reservation.  Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded automatically to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation.  If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until December 31, 2020. 

To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request.  You also have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans to the same destination and rescheduling for next year on a date within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure.  Just contact us or your travel partner by November 13th, and your reservation will be shifted at the same rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking.  Please note, if you have already cancelled your sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy you will not be eligible to receive the compensation noted above.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund.  In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit your request.  If we have not received your choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by November 13th, you will automatically receive a full refund to your original method of payment.  Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible. 

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family.  Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

11 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I'm hoping they extend the L&S a month now.

I also hope they extend the L&S and the entire CwC program which I believe they probably will until they actually get sailing again.  That however doesn't change anything for those who just had their December sailings cancelled.  Their L&S deadline is still November 13 according to the letter.

10 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

Sadly, the Canal Touch cruises out of Tampa are not eligible for Lift & Shift.  😞

We were offered two l/s on our touch canal cruise, but neither include the canal

3 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We were offered two l/s on our touch canal cruise, but neither include the canal

Really?  We were told there were no qualifying cruises to shift to.  I wanted to shift to a 12 night holiday cruise in Equinox in 2021.   I was supposed to be on the 12 night Touch Canal cruise this December.

2 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

Really?  We were told there were no qualifying cruises to shift to.  I wanted to shift to a 12 night holiday cruise in Equinox in 2021.   I was supposed to be on the 12 night Touch Canal cruise this December.

We are on a March 2021. L/s offered for Mar 2022 but no canal. We are on Constellation & only offered other Constellation cruises 

I know someone who was on the 1/25 Touch Canal cruise and they were unable to L&S to anything even though they were on B2B2B where the other 2 cruises would move and there was a suitable 11 night they were fine with taking.  It seems that exceptions are getting harder and harder to come by.

Edited by wrk2cruise

On 11/2/2020 at 5:42 PM, hcat said:

Here we go again !  Nothing very positive recently so it is  not surprising...sorry for those who have to go thru the  process

we've all by now gone through the process, nothing to be sorry about.  I suspect those of us with early 2021 cruises will be dealing with it again.  Life goes on...

• 2 weeks later...

Have a 11-day February cruise on Constellation out of Tampa on the books...  Connie is drilling holes in the water in the eastern Med at the moment.  CDC's latest guidance is no cruising longer than 7 days...  Unbeknownst to us Celebrity took "final" payment last week from the credit card.  They did this knowing full well that the February cruise is somewhat over 99 percent sure not going to happen.  And did it without informing us or the TA.  Livid is not the right words for Celebrity's malfeasance.  

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Have a 11-day February cruise on Constellation out of Tampa on the books...  Connie is drilling holes in the water in the eastern Med at the moment.  CDC's latest guidance is no cruising longer than 7 days...  Unbeknownst to us Celebrity took "final" payment last week from the credit card.  They did this knowing full well that the February cruise is somewhat over 99 percent sure not going to happen.  And did it without informing us or the TA.  Livid is not the right words for Celebrity's malfeasance.  

Our TA reached out to us a few days before final payment to see if we wanted to cancel or hang on to get the 125% FCC, which apparently many did.    We cancelled before final payment.

I hope your TA has processed the cancellation .  Refunds seem to be processed much quicker.