Is this a good itinerary for the Fjords?

Presto2

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Stop worrying about the ship, you will be in a stunning region on a brand new ship with great service and good food. 

Although we have preferred some ships to others, we have always managed to make the most of it. 

You will have a great time I'm sure. 

Andy 

Probably not worrying about the ship to be honest ---- once upon a time we would , but hey, if she is too big she is and we will find the parts we like 🙂  I just wish that there was more to look at about her. We have been on a number of new ships: Celebrity Silhouette, Britannia and Celebrity EDGE and there was sooo much to check out and look at but it all seems so quiet from P&O. 

Then again, it is such tough times for them all so should not compare. 

Am more than sure that (I keep putting God willing) once onboard we will have a great time. We aren't the sort to go on a ship and then moan endlessly that we don't like the thing that are obvious. We love everything about Britannia so she is just a step up 😉

• Like 4

We could resist no longer and have booked a week to the Fjords on Iona on May 2022 - I have never been on a large ship before (I am an Aurora fan) but something makes me just want to try Iona.  

We were also tempted into a Baltic cruise on Aurora in July 2022.  The 5% deposit helped us make our minds up as it's only a couple of hundred quid for both cruises and if everything went belly up and we couldn't go we've not lost too much. 

Very excited to have something booked again as we've really missed that!

• Like 5

On 11/7/2020 at 7:30 PM, SarahHben said:

My daughter & son-in-law went to Norway on Britannia last week of May 2018 for their honeymoon and had lovely weather. They said they were in shorts most days.

We did that in July 2018. As you can see, the weather was a bit grim.🤣

IMG_20180710_100619.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, Presto2 said:

🙂 🙂 🙂 

Or the person who goes first can pass on tips to the other 🙂

We are booked for the end of August 2021, preceded by a Celebrity Alaska. Gary will be on Iona, but Bjork for Alaska.😁

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Waju said:

We could resist no longer and have booked a week to the Fjords on Iona on May 2022 - I have never been on a large ship before (I am an Aurora fan) but something makes me just want to try Iona.  

We were also tempted into a Baltic cruise on Aurora in July 2022.  The 5% deposit helped us make our minds up as it's only a couple of hundred quid for both cruises and if everything went belly up and we couldn't go we've not lost too much. 

Very excited to have something booked again as we've really missed that!

What date?

I’ve been having a serious look at Norway on Iona for 2022 this morning but the cabin that was suggested to me on the booking system is marked “smaller balcony” and I’ve noticed there’s a sort of strip across every deck of two balconies on every deck like this! Hmm, not sure why there seems to be a sort of bump in the corridor along them all!

Better go and look at those You Tube videos!

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve been having a serious look at Norway on Iona for 2022 this morning but the cabin that was suggested to me on the booking system is marked “smaller balcony” and I’ve noticed there’s a sort of strip across every deck of two balconies on every deck like this! Hmm, not sure why there seems to be a sort of bump in the corridor along them all!

Better go and look at those You Tube videos!

Which cabins are they?

The longer this goes on the more I think we may have to transfer to 2022 😬

7 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Which cabins are they?

The longer this goes on the more I think we may have to transfer to 2022 😬

On deck 10 they are cabin numbers 10201 and 10202. They are forward (which I’m fine with) and if you look at the deck plan those two cabins are the same all the way down!

47 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

On deck 10 they are cabin numbers 10201 and 10202. They are forward (which I’m fine with) and if you look at the deck plan those two cabins are the same all the way down!

Oh yes, I can see that now, strange. There's 2 more just before the aft corner cabins, but presumably those ones are to allow access to the corner cabins. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Oh yes, I can see that now, strange. There's 2 more just before the aft corner cabins, but presumably those ones are to allow access to the corner cabins. 

I’m leaving it again! I do want to go to Norway again and I do want to try Iona but it all depends if we go on our Mediterranean cruise in September. We really fancy some warm weather and we’ve never done a 14 night cruise before - the easiest thing to do it’s transfer it to 2022 but I’m not so keen on the itineraries from Southampton to the Med in 2022! I really like the one I’ve booked. It’s so hard to decide!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Waju said:

We leave 30th April on Iona and 8th July on Aurora - never booked so far in advance before!

Oh we are the 28th May so we will be picking your brains ---- we can still keep in touch to share our views re the cruise and ship as time goes by 🙂

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Oh we are the 28th May so we will be picking your brains ---- we can still keep in touch to share our views re the cruise and ship as time goes by 🙂

There isn't awful lot of information about for Iona yet (understandably).  There seem to be a lot of 'for a little extra' restaurants and a type of food court like those normally found in a shopping centre!  I haven't seen any mention of a waiter service restaurant but I'm sure there will be one.

We've gone for a mid ships cabin on deck 12.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:53 PM, Waju said:

There isn't awful lot of information about for Iona yet (understandably).  There seem to be a lot of 'for a little extra' restaurants and a type of food court like those normally found in a shopping centre!  I haven't seen any mention of a waiter service restaurant but I'm sure there will be one.

I just wish they would do the American cruise line new ship thing and really SELL their new baby ! As someone else has said, on American cruise lines they have a major campaign if they change a toilet roll holder , ... on p&O a new ship and it is like 'wait and see' 😉

• Like 1

We are midships deck 12 in August 2021. We must both have good taste.😁

This site has quite a lot of information about Iona, and also some photos, or at least different than the previously released mock ups.

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

This site has quite a lot of information about Iona, and also some photos, or at least different than the previously released mock ups.

Thanks for that link terrierjohn there's lots of great information on there.  I take it all back now - there are plenty of restaurants included in the price, we'll be spoilt for choice.

18 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

There are some good articles on this blog. I've just read the one about the meaning of pineapples on a cruise, I must remember not to pack anything with a pineapple logo on 🤣

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Presto2 said:

We booked this cruise in the end, G216.  Picked a deck 10 midships location.

Might book up to make my own gin for my birthday when we are on board, not seen any prices for these activities as yet.

Lots of restaurants to try out, and as I have a sweet tooth and love gelato, the gelato afternoon tea sounds good too.

Edited by jaydee6969

29 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Might book up to make my own gin for my birthday when we are on board, not seen any prices for these activities as yet.

Lots of restaurants to try out, and as I have a sweet tooth and love gelato, the gelato afternoon tea sounds good too.

Hubby's ears just pricked up when I said the 'G' word --- that's him happy on his cruise 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

There are some good articles on this blog. I've just read the one about the meaning of pineapples on a cruise, I must remember not to pack anything with a pineapple logo on 🤣

I have some swimming shorts with pineapples on them. On RCI an American Lady asked if I had put a pineapple fridge magnet on the stateroom door. Why?. When she told me I didn't wear them again. I told DW why. Don't be too hasty she said.🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

We've got a midship deluxe on 10 when/if we go to Norway in June

Edited by SarahHben