Jump to content

14 Day Back To Back Next July


INeedAMaiTai
 Share

Recommended Posts

I already have my elite person on it, but I am so curious to see how I'm going to sail next year.  Technically my sailing is two 7 day back to back cruises.  Will I have to pack up and get off the ship?  Will I only be allowed to go for the first 7 days?  It'll be interesting to see how they swing this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping they will look at these as 2 7 day cruises. I have a B2B in Alaska and I am not planning to fly back from Anchorage. This is in August September and I am hoping that a vaccine will be out by then. If we need to take 2 embarkation tests so be it

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am hoping they will look at these as 2 7 day cruises. I have a B2B in Alaska and I am not planning to fly back from Anchorage. This is in August September and I am hoping that a vaccine will be out by then. If we need to take 2 embarkation tests so be it

 

I was thinking the same thing.  If they want me to pack and get off the ship, take a test, then go back on, I'm totally good with it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

I already have my elite person on it, but I am so curious to see how I'm going to sail next year.  Technically my sailing is two 7 day back to back cruises.  Will I have to pack up and get off the ship?  Will I only be allowed to go for the first 7 days?  It'll be interesting to see how they swing this.

 

At this time, nobody at Princess knows the answers to your questions.

 

And whatever answers they come up with when they do resume cruising may be different by the time your cruise starts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

I already have my elite person on it, but I am so curious to see how I'm going to sail next year.  Technically my sailing is two 7 day back to back cruises.  Will I have to pack up and get off the ship?  Will I only be allowed to go for the first 7 days?  It'll be interesting to see how they swing this.

From what I’m hearing these cruises will be consider as 2 - 7day cruises as they weren’t sold as a 14 day cruise. I’m on 2 b2b cruises in April 2021. One is up the West Coast from San Francisco to Canada. One thing not known, since Canada has banned foreign travel to Canada through March next year, is hard to predict what will happen. My first cruise down the California to Ensenada hopefully won’t be effected. 
 

Time will tell for all cruises with the stipulations from the CDC. 
 

Tom😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sillyjilly said:

I have a 5, 4, 5 day cruise booked. Crossing my fingers and toes.

I am crossing my fingers and toes with you my friend. I wish that this cruise will happen and you will enjoy a sunset from your cabin's  balcony. I am hoping for next year though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I am crossing my fingers and toes with you my friend. I wish that this cruise will happen and you will enjoy a sunset from your cabin's  balcony. I am hoping for next year though 

No balcony for me. I like my inside dark cave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

When and where are these cruises?  Sounds like something we would like to do.

Royal Princess overnight in Cabo twice and a 4 day to San Diego and Ensenada in between.

Starting on 2/6/21

Out of San Pedro, CA

Edited by Sillyjilly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2020 at 4:37 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

I already have my elite person on it, but I am so curious to see how I'm going to sail next year.  Technically my sailing is two 7 day back to back cruises.  Will I have to pack up and get off the ship?  Will I only be allowed to go for the first 7 days?  It'll be interesting to see how they swing this.

I don't think anyone can even guess.

 

There is one thread about turn-around not being on a single day, but rather spread over two days

to allow testing of disembarking passengers; deep cleaning; and testing of embarking passengers.

 

In this case would B2B passengers be allowed to remain on board?

I would think not, as maintaining passenger services (at any level) would interfere

with cleaning.   But, certainly no one knows...

 

And, would B2B cruises even be allowed?   CDC says no cruises longer than 7-days.

Someone may come up with the find print that dis-allows B2B cruises.

 

But, since this is cruise critic, ignore the above.

 

I have always been able to stay on board during turn-around on B2B cruise, so you will, too.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank your lucky stars that there is such thing as B2B! There

are a few threads regarding the CDC's order to discontinue all

itineraries longer than 7 days involving an American port for the majority of 2021.

Apparently, the CDC is unaware of the concept B2B and let's keep it that way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank your lucky stars that there is such thing as B2B! There

are a few threads regarding the CDC's order to discontinue all

itineraries longer than 7 days involving an American port for the majority of 2021.

Apparently, the CDC is unaware of the concept B2B and let's keep it that way.

wonder if ...

 

completely new cruise with new booking #'s , etc

 

must go thru complete disembarkation and new embarkation process, including luggage and testing(s)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

wonder if ...

 

completely new cruise with new booking #'s , etc

 

must go thru complete disembarkation and new embarkation process, including luggage and testing(s)

Yeah, kind of labor intensive, right? Time will tell. We would be willing.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, nini said:

Thank your lucky stars that there is such thing as B2B! There

are a few threads regarding the CDC's order to discontinue all

itineraries longer than 7 days involving an American port for the majority of 2021.

Apparently, the CDC is unaware of the concept B2B and let's keep it that way.

Hi Nina,

If everyone keep talking about B2B cruises how long do you think it will take before CDC tells the cruise lines to stop them? I also think the cruise lines may stop them. Because they won’t take the chance someone will get sick on a B2B.

Tony

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Nina,

If everyone keep talking about B2B cruises how long do you think it will take before CDC tells the cruise lines to stop them? I also think the cruise lines may stop them. Because they won’t take the chance someone will get sick on a B2B.

Tony

I understand. I almost did not mention it. Then, basically, the cruise lines will most likely

file for bankruptcy and so many hard working people will lose their jobs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We really don't know the rules about B2B until CDC clarifies them.

 

We may find some similarity in the rules related to the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA). For purposes of the PVSA, your cruise depends on where you embark and where you disembark - it doesn't matter how they sell the cruise. For example, you cannot B2B from Seattle to Vancouver followed by Vancouver to Los Angeles, even though each of the individual cruises is legal.

 

If they don't want passengers on a ship longer than seven days, I doubt that B2B would change that.

 

But this is all speculation. It doesn't matter what we think makes sense - it only matters what CDC says when they issue their guidance, and I feel sure they will issue specific guidance on B2Bs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Nina,

If everyone keep talking about B2B cruises how long do you think it will take before CDC tells the cruise lines to stop them? I also think the cruise lines may stop them. Because they won’t take the chance someone will get sick on a B2B.

Tony

I don't see how they will stop someone from doing a B2B2B2B on PCL, then RCL, then PCL, then RCL - for example.  Even if they want to stop B2B on a particular line. 

 

If they do not stop that, seems to me no different than having a 14-night booking.  Anyway, it's all speculation at this point in time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2020 at 3:43 PM, nini said:

Apparently, the CDC is unaware of the concept B2B and let's keep it that way.

 

Why?

 

Presumably, the CDC and the cruise lines are trying to keep people safe.

 

Why would anyone try to game that?

 

If people do get sick on cruises, that's probably the end for the cruise companies...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't see how they will stop someone from doing a B2B2B2B on PCL, then RCL, then PCL, then RCL - for example.  Even if they want to stop B2B on a particular line. 

 

If they do not stop that, seems to me no different than having a 14-night booking.  Anyway, it's all speculation at this point in time.

Roberto256- as stated above. There is no logic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

 

 

If people do get sick on cruises, that's probably the end for the cruise companies...

 

 

Covid-19, just like the norovirus, will always have a possibility of being on a cruise ship.

 

Just less of a chance of you encountering it if you stayed in your hometown instead of being on a cruise.

 

That is why the CDC is requiring the cruise lines to have contingency plans for when a case of Covid-19 is detected on board. These plans must include having arranged for those infected to get to a hospital, having the ship being able to be allowed to port, and transportation arrangements for all passengers to get home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, nini said:

Roberto256- as stated above. There is no logic.

 

That's not logic.  That's just another example of gaming the system.

 

I think cruise companies will be hard-pressed to find people to purchase cruises,

let alone be willing to change cruise lines to put together their own longer cruises.

 

There are, of course, the die-hards here who will purchase any cruise.

 

But, if it were reasonable to think there would be huge demand for cruises,

the cruise line stocks wouldn't be in the dumper...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2020 at 4:26 PM, Steelers36 said:

I don't see how they will stop someone from doing a B2B2B2B on PCL, then RCL, then PCL, then RCL - for example.  Even if they want to stop B2B on a particular line. 

 

If they do not stop that, seems to me no different than having a 14-night booking.  Anyway, it's all speculation at this point in time.

For someone like myself who is not loyal to one cruise line this sounds like a perfect solution. If you have to pack your bags and be off of the ship as has been suggested it also sounds like an easier transition.  Walk off Princess and stand in line at Celebrity.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...