Jump to content

14 Day Back To Back Next July


INeedAMaiTai
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

For someone like myself who is not loyal to one cruise line this sounds like a perfect solution. If you have to pack your bags and be off of the ship as has been suggested it also sounds like an easier transition.  Walk off Princess and stand in line at Celebrity.  

I have been on b2b cruises several times & I didn’t have to take my bags off the ship. I did have to pack my bag as I was moving to another stateroom. They moved all of my hanging clothes to the new stateroom along with my bags . We did have to meet as a group & go through customs & then we went right back on the ship again. 

 

In the past since I’m on 2 separate 7 day cruises they’re not counted as a 14 day cruise.  
 

With the virus it will be interesting as to what happens. I’m on a b2b cruise in April 2020. 
 

Tom😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

And how will you get the required Covid test 3 days before boarding Celebrity if you are on a Princess ship? Not a perfect solution at all.

Aren’t they doing rapid tests before you board? The 72 hour test is a waste of time unless you are going sit in a plastic bubble for 3 days.  We work up until the day before we leave and fly in the same day. They are just kidding themselves with the 72 hour test. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Aren’t they doing rapid tests before you board? The 72 hour test is a waste of time unless you are going sit in a plastic bubble for 3 days.  We work up until the day before we leave and fly in the same day. They are just kidding themselves with the 72 hour test. 

 

The only line that's currently sailing requires a test 72 hours before AND a rapid test when checking in.

Even that didn't stop 5 people from testing positive 3 days later, ending the cruise early for everyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

 

The only line that's currently sailing requires a test 72 hours before AND a rapid test when checking in.

Even that didn't stop 5 people from testing positive 3 days later, ending the cruise early for everyone else.

I agree testing only builds a false sense of security and really only has value if you have symptoms.  

Edited by Iamcruzin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

For someone like myself who is not loyal to one cruise line this sounds like a perfect solution. If you have to pack your bags and be off of the ship as has been suggested it also sounds like an easier transition.  Walk off Princess and stand in line at Celebrity.  

 

If a PCR test within 72 hours of boarding is required (in addition to the test with rapid results at check-in), it may be difficult to get that PCR test while you are at sea on a previous cruise.

 

So far the rapid tests are not nearly as reliable at the PCR tests.

 

Elon Musk had four of the rapid response tests the other day. Two came back negative. Two came back positive and two came back negative.  Obvious 50% had wrong results. The consequence of not knowing what his true status was meant he could not attend the launch of his company's rocket sending a crew to the ISS.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, caribill said:

 

If a PCR test within 72 hours of boarding is required (in addition to the test with rapid results at check-in), it may be difficult to get that PCR test while you are at sea on a previous cruise.

 

So far the rapid tests are not nearly as reliable at the PCR tests.

 

Elon Musk had four of the rapid response tests the other day. Two came back negative. Two came back positive and two came back negative.  Obvious 50% had wrong results. The consequence of not knowing what his true status was meant he could not attend the launch of his company's rocket sending a crew to the ISS.

 

 

The same thing can happen at port which is why testing holds no guarantees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

Well, just got notice this morning that my trip has been cancelled....  I'm devastated and pissed.  Two years of planning and now nothing....

Did you book it as a 14 day cruise or 2 7 day cruises. ?  It looks like the 7 day cruises are still available to book

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Did you book it as a 14 day cruise or 2 7 day cruises. ?  It looks like the 7 day cruises are still available to book

 

A post on another thread says the Princess computers have yet to be programmed to detect bookings of B2Bs of two 7-day voyages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, caribill said:

 

A post on another thread says the Princess computers have yet to be programmed to detect bookings of B2Bs of two 7-day voyages.

 

I saw a new YouTube video today from a travel agent who has a cruise news channel saying he had a client wanting to book back to back Princess cruises and the system wouldn't allow it. So he called Princess and they confirmed they weren't allowing back to back.

 

If that's accurate, perhaps it's just a matter of time before they catch up to the existing b2b bookings and cancel them. Though for more distant sail dates I'd wait and see if the rules change before then if I was Princess.

 

I don't even know if the CDC told Princess to do this behind the scenes or they did it on their own. I could see the logic of Princess doing it on their own though. If someone did come down with Covid on the ship, they'd want to increase the chance that he or she is off the ship and somewhere else by the time they become symptomatic. (Which can take up to 14 days)

Edited by Earthworm Jim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

 

I saw a new YouTube video today from a travel agent who has a cruise news channel saying he had a client wanting to book back to back Princess cruises and the system wouldn't allow it. So he called Princess and they confirmed they weren't allowing back to back.

 

I also noticed he wonders if the names submitted to Homeland security will be a way to catch those trying to do B2B cruises between lines?

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2020 at 4:03 AM, caribill said:

 

Elon Musk had four of the rapid response tests the other day. Two came back negative. Two came back positive and two came back negative.  Obvious 50% had wrong results. The consequence of not knowing what his true status was meant he could not attend the launch of his company's rocket sending a crew to the ISS.

 

 

He must have taken the Schrodinger's Cat version of the Covid test.   What he needed was the Quantum Jump test. 

 

(Thank you, Mr. Dunkum, who taught me in AP Physics) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, memoak said:

Personally I have a northbound /southbound Alaskan b2b booked for August  / September. My PVP has advised me that it d good 2 go. If I get to Whittier do they expect me to walk back ?

Maybe fly back from Anchorage??  There are other threads that say no B2B to get around the 7 day cruise limit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Maybe fly back from Anchorage??  There are other threads that say no B2B to get around the 7 day cruise limit

If we cannot do the b2b then we would cancel both. We don’t really like short cruises and these itineraries let us go to Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...